CNN Host Corners Darrell Issa Over Claim That Obama Conspired To Target Tea Party

Republicans are actually mad at someone for correcting a lie that was put on national television.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind the anger:
Crowley shouldn't attempt to correct a lie, that's not her job as a journalist! or maybe
Crowley is the host, hosts let the debaters say whatever they want even if it is a lie! or
Let everyone lie, no one should get in the way of someones right to lie to the American people!

oh boy, expecting people to take "candy some host from Cnn) as correcting a LIE to a sitting Congressman who is in the invistigations, is like expecting you all to take Rush pointing out ALL THE LIES Obama has told..

get real...

She caught him lying. See I don't need any analogies or "this is like that" reasoning. Crowley caught Issa Lying. Period. You don't deny that because you know it's true..instead you're mad about it.

unnnhummm...I could care less about "candy"
I'll get my information from someone who isn't a Obama lapdog

oh boy, expecting people to take "candy some host from Cnn) as correcting a LIE to a sitting Congressman who is in the invistigations, is like expecting you all to take Rush pointing out ALL THE LIES Obama has told..

get real...

She caught him lying. See I don't need any analogies or "this is like that" reasoning. Crowley caught Issa Lying. Period. You don't deny that because you know it's true..instead you're mad about it.

that's your take on things. I actually posted the transcript for ya. Just read back .

And the title of this thread? It's a joke. Nothing that was said in that video supports it.

Whats your take on this and what specifically in the transcript are you referring too that shows it differently? I'll wait

get real...

Lapdog has nothing to do with Truth and Lies you little Alinskyite you.

Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Straight from the Rules for Radicals, funny how that's your exclusive means of communication.

Straight from the Rules for Radicals, funny how that's your exclusive means of communication.

you're thinking of you and Liberal-democrats...but you all can bow down to some tv host if you want..it seems you all are desperate for something

that's your take on things. I actually posted the transcript for ya. Just read back .

And the title of this thread? It's a joke. Nothing that was said in that video supports it.

I watched the debate. Romney lied. Candy corrected him.

And Candy pretty much covered Obama's butt. Once again, here is the transcript in which he eludes to the video for ya.

Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya

Rose Garden

10:43 A.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Now here are Candy's remarks after covering his butt and she is called on it -
CANDY CROWLEY: Well, you know, I heard the president speak at the time. I, sort of, reread a lot of stuff about Libya because I knew we’d probably get a Libya question so I kind of wanted to be up on it. So I knew that the president had, had, said, you know, these acts of terror won’t stand or, whatever the whole quote was.

And I think actually, you know because, right after that I did turn around and say, but you’re totally correct that they spent two weeks telling us this was about a tape and that that there was a, you know, this riot outside the Benghazi consulate which there wasn’t.

So he was right in the main, I just think he picked the wrong word. And I, you know, they’re going to parse and we all know about what the definition of is is, but, I, uh, you know, in the end, I think John [King]’s probably right. I think this has a lot more to with jobs and the debt crisis and all of that kind of stuff.

I just think that probably it was one of those moments and I could even feel that here, you know, when you say something you’re not expecting. It’s just that was the natural thing coming out of me going, ‘Actually he did, you know, call it an act of terror.’ Uh, when, you know, half the crowd clapped for that and the other half clapped for ‘But they kept telling us this was a tape, this was caused by a tape’ so, you know, in the main, the thrust of what Governor Romney was saying, which is why I went back and said that, um, but I just think he picked the wrong kind of way to go about talking about it if that makes sense.

and from CBS news -

"Get the transcript," the president shot back. Moderator Candy Crowley then backed up the president, saying, "he did in fact" deem the attack an act of terror on that day. The president asked Crowley to "say that a little louder," prompting laughter and applause from the town hall audience.

"He did call it an act of terror," she told Romney, before adding that "it did, as well, take two weeks or so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out. You are correct about that."

The president seemed to get the better of the exchange, with the moderator siding with him over Romney in a factual dispute. But Crowley's comments were not entirely accurate. Let's look at the transcript of those September 12 comments in the Rose Garden, as the president suggested.

It shows that the president did refer to "acts of terror" - but not specifically in reference to the Libya attack. Instead, he made a broader statement about American defiance.

Due Diligence: Did Obama initially deem Libya attacks a terrorist act? - CBS News

you're thinking of you and Liberal-democrats...but you all can bow down to some tv host if you want..it seems you all are desperate for something

Actually I quoted you doing it, then you quoted me and Picked the Target, Froze it and personalized it again.

Its actually quite stunning how your brain works. You don't see your own posts or maybe understand them.

Actually I quoted you doing it, then you quoted me and Picked the Target, Froze it and personalized it again.

Its actually quite stunning how your brain works. You don't see your own posts or maybe understand them.

go pick someone else on the board to whine about...they might care about what you think or say
damn you need to GROW UP

AIDE: Mr. Issa, I heard Obama forgot to pay his paperboy this week.

ISSA: LAUNCH AN IMPEACHMENT HEARING IMMEDIATELY! ALERT THE MEDIA! SHOVE A STIFF CORNCOB UP MY ASS!

The media? Since when does the media have the assets of the CIA? They did not release the first 67 hours of e-mails, etc. And , if indeed there was no communication in the first 67 hours after the attacks, then something is even more wrong with this administration. What they did show was that the CIA rejected the changing of the talking points stating it was a video.

Keep changing the goal posts, when you realize you are wrong? Well, I will call you on it everytime.

Last edited:
Aide: Mr. Issa, I heard a meter maid let a Greenpeace lobbyist go on a double parking violation in Wyoming.

Issa: LAUNCH AN IMPEACHMENT HEARING IMMEDIATELY! THE ORDER MUST HAVE COME FROM THE WHITE HOUSE! SHOVE A STIFF CORNCOB UP MY ASS!

The media? Since when does the media have the assets of the CIA? They did not release the first 67 hours of e-mails, etc. And , if indeed there was no communication in the first 67 hours after the attacks, then something is even more wrong with this administration. What they did show was that the CIA rejected the changing of the talking points stating it was a video.

Keep changing the goal posts, when you realize you are wrong? Well, I will call you on it everytime.

Can't you wait? The FBI is still investigating and looking for certain people.

The media was being fed by this administration to sway the story.

Aide: Mr. Issa, we were wondering if you wanted to read this budget bill.

Issa: CAN'T YOU SEE I AM BUSY?!?! BRING ME A FRESH CORNCOB!

Forum List

Back