CNN and Trumps rejection of a McCain Statement

I am usually a defender of CNN and other news outlets as I have no problem with critical reporting. But today they are embarassing themselves. I just sat through two painful interviews where they pressed Trump supporters about the letter that he declined to send out praising McCain. I understand that it can be viewed as a petty act. But it was explained pretty accurately IMO from one of their guests. He said that if Trump had released a statement of praise it would get covered by the press as inauthentic and would become the story, the best thing for Trump to do right now is stay out of it and let the family grieve. I think that is spot on.

What killed me about CNN was the persistence of the anchors bringing up this letter over and over again while guests were clearly wanting to talk about McCain. This is the wrong situation to fill that desire to get Trump supporters on record criticizing the POTUS. We need to stop politicizing people’s deaths, it makes me sick.

Apologies that I don’t have a link to the interviews, I watched them on TV. It was the show New Day, which I normally enjoy. They failed big time today. Shame on them
Not any other CNNites in here would be so honest. Thank you.

Seems odd that CNN would seek to inquire about honoring a Republican & yet receive grief from Republicans for the attempt.

No surprise.
What do you mean?

Geesh; come on man. Don't let those trees over there obscure the view of the forest.
Is that what you call an explaination? You could have spent the same amount of time providing a direct answer to a direct question.

Sorry; I left my 'Captain Obvious' costume at the dry cleaner & I won't get it back until Halloween.
How about you just speak clearly. Are you calling me a Republican or talking about others? Your statement was not clear and I asked what you meant. You’ve now responded with two BS replies... what’s your deal??

I thought we were talking about Fox.
The shows and hosts you mentioned except Fox and friends are commentators not news programs...there is a difference...
I realize there is a difference. My point still stands... you also have these commentators reporting and commenting on news which people eat up . For example the Seth Rich conspiracy that Hannity pushed for weeks until the Rich family had to publicly tell Hannity to shut the fuck up and issue a retraction. I bet there are still a handful of nuts out there that still believe that shit. Talk about fake news!

I realize there is a difference. My point still stands... you also have these commentators reporting and commenting on news which people eat up . For example the Seth Rich conspiracy that Hannity pushed for weeks until the Rich family had to publicly tell Hannity to shut the fuck up and issue a retraction. I bet there are still a handful of nuts out there that still believe that shit. Talk about fake news!
Funny you should mention Seth Rich...his family is beginning to ask the same questions Hannity was asking...

I agree, the media glamorizes death and they're a sick bunch. But I disagree this is an isolated incident for CNN. They wouldn't exist if they didn't have Trump in their mouths 24/7, as they glamorize/narrate stories in support of snowflake prophecy. As opposed to reporting Trump's accomplishments and things that matter.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention Seth Rich...his family is beginning to ask the same questions Hannity was asking...
Yeah looks like they are asking a ton of questions

Family of Seth Rich Sues Fox News Over Retracted Article

Shepherd Smith is pretty far left.
Replace CNN with Fox & you would be much more accurate in your statement
FOX is not afraid to report negative Trump news and is also not hiding the good Trump news so there is nothing accurate in your statement...not one word of it...
Fair and balanced....
Fox as some good balanced shows but they also have some Righty ass kissing propaganda shows like Hannity, Fox and Friends, and Judge whacko. It doesn’t get much worse than those

FOX is not afraid to report negative Trump news and is also not hiding the good Trump news so there is nothing accurate in your statement...not one word of it...
Fair and balanced....
Fox as some good balanced shows but they also have some Righty ass kissing propaganda shows like Hannity, Fox and Friends, and Judge whacko. It doesn’t get much worse than those

And Wallace....Cavuto.....FOX has many lefties on board....

Fair and balanced....
Agreed. Shep and Cavuto both rip Trump pretty good and they have some moderate anchors with balanced debates as well. Then there are the fringe shows

Fair and balanced....

None of those guys are Lefties, but I guess Moderates qualify as Lefties in the eyes of the wingnuts

Wallace is a leftie, just as his father was.
Fair and balanced....

None of those guys are Lefties, but I guess Moderates qualify as Lefties in the eyes of the wingnuts

It’s well established Trump and McCain didn’t think much of each other any glowing statement from the President would have been seen as phony best thing he could do is stay out of it. If the White House needs to send someone to the funeral Mike Pence can handle that.

Forum List

Back