Clunkers program could drive used car prices up

:LAWS OF ECONOMICS", eh? :rofl: Do I REALLY need to pouor salt on that one?

And yes. We could see a complete economic turnaround following CFC and the Presidents stimulus packages and your kind would CONTINUE to cry that the sky is falling as if no one remembers free trade testimony then versus now. Again, if you've got data on "the poor among us" then bust that shit out. Three opinions from a relative iota of the population just doesn't impress me any more than your favorite economic THEORIES do.

Pour salt on whatever you like.

We won't see any complete economic turnaround. How could we? The fundamentals of the economy are now worse than they were when this recession started.

Your predictions about what we wont see is about as tangible as Greenspan's hindsight testimony. And, even if we don't see a fucking economic late 90s boom it's still an attempt to balance out our crippled production sector which has been gutted by, say it with me, free market economic theories ala dirt floor mexicans. If anything, the CFC program missed the mark by not being applied EXCLUSIVELY to domestic vehicles. Of course, i'm sure the very idea makes your hands shake with Greenspan rage.

I think CFC missed the mark by being enacted at all. This notion that you have that Greenspan is somehow a proponent of the free market, and that the free market somehow gutted our production sector is a complete fallacy.

Kevin: Right, I'm against this program because it's a Democratic President in office rather than a Republican, and not because it goes against the laws of economics by propping up a failing industry and has a negative effect on the poorest among us.

Seeing how so many Dealerships were shut down and the way that it was handled, I will avoid those brand cars for a long time to come. Many Dealerships will convert to being Used Car Lots, at least that gets them from under the thumb of the Thugs, after losses. Many political favors were paid back, arbitrarily and without regard for decency Property was effectively stolen. Chicago Politics at it's worst. In almost any other time it would have been stopped by the courts. It's almost blood money.The Tards don't care because they think it's an entitlement. They are bought and paid for. Ever read "Atlas Shrugged". It's sort of Prophetic.

As the U.S. jumps on board the cash-for-clunkers bandwagon, the Obama Administration would do well to pay attention to what is happening in Hamburg's sprawling harbor. The seaport city is one of the busiest ports in the world: nearly every car - new or used - passes through its docks on the way out of Germany. And this week, the police charged with patrolling the harbor released evidence showing that Germany's hugely popular cash-for-clunkers program may have some unintended beneficiaries: organized-crime groups and individuals who export the old cars to the Third World instead of crushing them into scrap. (Watch a video on how the cars-for-clunkers process works.)

Germany's Cash-for-Clunkers Black-Market Scandal - Yahoo! News

Something to watch out for. Or should we? Remember when donating vehicles to charities was considered humanitarian. I never before realized the damage that caused to the environment... I am so ashamed.

The Black Market serving Humanity, for a share in the pot. Identifying a market. It makes more sense than destroying vehicles that could pass inspection. They'd be sent to areas where they could do some good. Legitimize it, why not? Learn from it.

This is one reason why the government should have scrapped the Cash for Clunkers nonsense. How does an increase in the price of used cars help low or middle income families who can't afford a new car?

By offering them up to $4500.00 for their old one? Let's be honest, if we are TRULY concerned about the "middle income families who can't afford a new car", what's the chance of them getting $4500.00 for it as a traditional trade-in?

if you cant afford a new car then dont try and buy one, its debt you do not need.

This is one reason why the government should have scrapped the Cash for Clunkers nonsense. How does an increase in the price of used cars help low or middle income families who can't afford a new car?

By offering them up to $4500.00 for their old one? Let's be honest, if we are TRULY concerned about the "middle income families who can't afford a new car", what's the chance of them getting $4500.00 for it as a traditional trade-in?

if you cant afford a new car then dont try and buy one, its debt you do not need.

I agree that they should not overextend themselves however...

THAT is NOT your decision to make, now is it? It is the individual's decision to make for themselves, no?

care

THAT is NOT your decision to make, now is it? It is the individual's decision to make for themselves, no?

care

you really are a fucking retard arent ya? its not the governments decision to make bitch. if you cant afford a new car then dont buy one, especially if its on my dime. and since part of it is on my dime, i guess that gives me the right to tell fuckers to hit the fucking bricks if they want to buy shit with my money. so go screw yourself

care

you really are a fucking retard arent ya? its not the governments decision to make bitch. if you cant afford a new car then dont buy one, especially if its on my dime. and since part of it is on my dime, i guess that gives me the right to tell fuckers to hit the fucking bricks if they want to buy shit with my money. so go screw yourself

WOW, you are strung tighter than a violin! HOPEFULLY you are not such a silly goose in real life!!!

care

WOW, you are strung tighter than a violin!

more like a ’57 Stratocaster I simply refuse to play sweet shit.

Last edited:
and rude, gobbledy gook is the way to go for those who have nothing of importance to say, as well fatality!

play as you please, your choice to act adult like in a debate or NOT, is in your hands!

the decision to buy a new car if they can even qualify for the new car loan is out of your hands...AND as said, is NOT your decision to make!

care

care

That's the same Reason Governments run Lotteries. To Exploit the Poor.

care

i agree State Lotteries are a regressive tax on the poor and middle class....same with sin taxes imo, but was there a point related to the cash for clunkers that i may have missed?

care

still waiting for a single one of you boohoo CFC bitches to post evidence of JUST HOW MANY of your N variable used car buyers are getting shafted by the big mean fed and the rest of America enjoying the CFC program...

still waiting for a single one of you boohoo CFC bitches to post evidence of JUST HOW MANY of your N variable used car buyers are getting shafted by the big mean fed and the rest of America enjoying the CFC program...

You have a long wait ahead of you Shogun. As with all of their fear mongering, including that on healthcare reform, their ideas are all supposition and have NO basis in fact.

care

i agree State Lotteries are a regressive tax on the poor and middle class....same with sin taxes imo, but was there a point related to the cash for clunkers that i may have missed?

care

Gov't throwing all kinds of money at it's new toy.

Forum List

Back