Greedy UAW about to cost consumers 1k per vehicle more despite prices already being ridiculously high.

Bottom line. The prices are too high. Eventually everone gonna just stop buying them.

The prices are insane, and this will make it even higher.

Toyota 3/4 ton. If decent price will win over Chevy.

The history of the auto industry is one of an enterprise whose success rapidly outpaced its comprehension of what was changing. Trends and status based choices of the market further exaggerated the manufacturers' mistakes.
Economics and poorly understood (and often erroneous) doctrines also failed the industry.
As for "labor", we can understand that those working in the factories would organize for their own good. What is difficult to understand is why the unions never negotiated buying their companies. What is the sense of arguing over hours and wages when you can become the one who decides?

View attachment 850163

Trucks are already 10 to 30k more now than just a few years ago as some models surpass 100k on the price tag. Now thanks to the greed of the unions an already inflated truck is going to cost you an additional 1k.
Much like housing, vehicles are slowly getting out of reach for young people. What was once a reasonable expectation is now an unobtainable dream for many. Compound that with Obama's asinine cash for clunkers program which removed 10's of thousands of used cars from the market and now even used cars are insanely priced.

View attachment 850164

Democrats and unions are ensuring that a once everyday item & near necessity to life becomes a luxury item.
Yep, lets just double the minimum wage, what could happen. SAG/Writers strike, hospital strike, UAW strike, interest rates through the ceiling, runaway inflation. This is just the beginning. Thanks Brandon.

How dare workers negotiate equally with capital in a free market system!

It ain't a question of rights, they can negotiate all they want and nobody is saying they can't. But is it not obvious that they are negotiating themselves out of too many union jobs? Foreign carmakers are thrilled to see higher prices for domestic cars and trucks, so investors are going to put their money in other places, no? And what happens to R&D then? Doesn't sound good for the EVs if nobody can afford to buy them.

It ain't a question of rights, they can negotiate all they want and nobody is saying they can't. But is it not obvious that they are negotiating themselves out of too many union jobs? Foreign carmakers are thrilled to see higher prices for domestic cars and trucks, so investors are going to put their money in other places, no? And what happens to R&D then? Doesn't sound good for the EVs if nobody can afford to buy them.
Well then it’s time to cut salaries and benefits of senior management.

Not to mention they try and pay these absurd salaries with ridiculous pricing for everythng from parking, tickets, concessions, etc.
Back in the late 1960s we would go to Detroit Tiger games and sit in the bleachers. I seem to recall it cost 50 cents. My how times have changed.

View attachment 850163

Trucks are already 10 to 30k more now than just a few years ago as some models surpass 100k on the price tag. Now thanks to the greed of the unions an already inflated truck is going to cost you an additional 1k.
Much like housing, vehicles are slowly getting out of reach for young people. What was once a reasonable expectation is now an unobtainable dream for many. Compound that with Obama's asinine cash for clunkers program which removed 10's of thousands of used cars from the market and now even used cars are insanely priced.

View attachment 850164

Democrats and unions are ensuring that a once everyday item & near necessity to life becomes a luxury item.
Cars are insane.

They belong on the garbage heap of history.

I bought a brand new 1992 Chevy Cavalier for $9,992...jet black with black interior. It was a great car...loved it. But even at that price, it was a rip-off compared to the used car market.

Since then I hadn't paid more than $1000 for a car or truck until recently.

My advice? Buy something that they are going to be making parts for for a long...long.......long time like a VW bug or an old F150 with the most common engine...a 300 or 302...or a Chevy with a 350, and learn to work on it.

You'll thank me one day.

I bought a brand new 1992 Chevy Cavalier for $9,992...jet black with black interior. It was a great car...loved it. But even at that price, it was a rip-off compared to the used car market.
I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Precis in 1990 from John Elway Motors outside of Denver for about $8k, it was one of the best values on the market at the time and that car was so dependable, almost no issues (none I remember) for 150k miles.

I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Precis in 1990 from John Elway Motors outside of Denver for about $8k, it was one of the best values on the market at the time and that car was so dependable, almost no issues (none I remember) for 150k miles.
My girlfriend at the time's Mom had a '89 Galant that was also a great car.

Forum List

Back