Clowns WTF?

I'm not afraid of clowns, but I've never enjoyed them, either.

I don't really see their point.
Growing up in rural Iowa, I learned that rodeo clowns are useful in distracting agitated animals. In venues like Cirque du Soleil, they entertain (or distract, if you're not amused) between acts.

And the friendly ones, like Bozo, actually do entertain children.

Basically, they're distractions, and they liberate you from your children for a couple hours. That's about all.

The movie was IT, by Stephen King.

"The story revolves around an inter-dimensional predatory life-form, which has the ability to transform itself into its prey's worst fears, allowing it to exploit the phobias of its victims. It mostly takes the form of a sadistic, wisecracking clown called Pennywise the Dancing Clown"

Tim Curry did his usual great job playing the evil clown

He only turned into a spider that I can remember. A big giant spider and his victims were in wrapped in webs. Gross. I am more afraid of spiders than clowns, but a clown that turns into a spider is pretty disturbing. :ack-1:

The head of the dead friend in the refrigerator?

Some others I can't remember

The movie was IT, by Stephen King.

"The story revolves around an inter-dimensional predatory life-form, which has the ability to transform itself into its prey's worst fears, allowing it to exploit the phobias of its victims. It mostly takes the form of a sadistic, wisecracking clown called Pennywise the Dancing Clown"

Tim Curry did his usual great job playing the evil clown

That's Tim Curry?
Odd --- I can never think of him as anything but Frank N. Furter.

The butler in Clue,

YOu don't remember this?

th

Does anyone actually like clowns? I think they appear evil and there's just something wrong about them.

So I've commented several times about my phobia of clowns, I can handle a picture of clowns, but physical clowns are not good, of course I've always avoided any situation where I might happen upon a clown.

I've had this phobia since I was about 4 years-old.

I've met other people who hate clowns, does anyone actually like clowns?

Insomnia
clown phobia

:frown:
:frown:
no more ??

Growing up in rural Iowa, I learned that rodeo clowns are useful in distracting agitated animals. In venues like Cirque du Soleil, they entertain (or distract, if you're not amused) between acts.

Basically, they're distractions, and they liberate you from your children for a couple hours. That's about all.

"I learned that rodeo clowns"

You have clowns at a rodeo?

Yes; they distract the bulls after the rider is thrown.

Greg

Greg

I didn't know this, how weird.

Greg

I didn't know this, how weird.
They are very effective and good at what they do. A pissed off one ton Brahma bull can ruin your day. Some clowns take a hit too.

Does anyone actually like clowns? I think they appear evil and there's just something wrong about them.

So I've commented several times about my phobia of clowns, I can handle a picture of clowns, but physical clowns are not good, of course I've always avoided any situation where I might happen upon a clown.

I don't like clowns either. In fact, I never liked the circus, my family found it funny that I never wanted to go.
Clowns don't bother me. I never wanted to go to the circus because even as a kid, I knew it was wrong to make elephants sit, roll over like a dog, and do "tricks" for human entertainment. I went ONCE....but not inside the tent. I went to where they were feeding and washing the elephants but I couldn't get close enough to them to tell them I was sorry they were chained at the leg and that I loved them. Then Ma dragged me away because I started a scene by crying.
I was in my 30's when I burst into tears at Barnum & Bailey's, when their famous really old elephant (whose name I can't remember) came into the ring loaded with circus gimcracks. He was WAY larger than the others and he looked so old and tired and the indignity of the 'costume' and the situation just killed me. He passed away shortly after that, of old age, they said.
That being said, I LOVE the circus. The fire eaters and the tightrope walkers and the human cannonball and the smart little dogs, not to mention the candied apples and the peanuts. The smaller the circus, the better--it's all right there at your feet in a two bit traveling circus tent.
Back to the CLOWNS, though. People are afraid of clowns, I think, because of their "mask." Their comedy is slapstick and if they're really good, mime. Kids are the ones who find that the biggest hoot.

I don't like clowns either. In fact, I never liked the circus, my family found it funny that I never wanted to go.
Clowns don't bother me. I never wanted to go to the circus because even as a kid, I knew it was wrong to make elephants sit, roll over like a dog, and do "tricks" for human entertainment. I went ONCE....but not inside the tent. I went to where they were feeding and washing the elephants but I couldn't get close enough to them to tell them I was sorry they were chained at the leg and that I loved them. Then Ma dragged me away because I started a scene by crying.
I was in my 30's when I burst into tears at Barnum & Bailey's, when their famous really old elephant (whose name I can't remember) came into the ring loaded with circus gimcracks. He was WAY larger than the others and he looked so old and tired and the indignity of the 'costume' and the situation just killed me. He passed away shortly after that, of old age, they said.
That being said, I LOVE the circus. The fire eaters and the tightrope walkers and the human cannonball and the smart little dogs, not to mention the candied apples and the peanuts. The smaller the circus, the better--it's all right there at your feet in a two bit traveling circus tent.
Back to the CLOWNS, though. People are afraid of clowns, I think, because of their "mask." Their comedy is slapstick and if they're really good, mime. Kids are the ones who find that the biggest hoot.
The 'smart little dogs' have their feet burnt as part of their training. Not so cute.

The 'smart little dogs' have their feet burnt as part of their training. Not so cute.
By whom?

Forum List

Back