"Clock Kid" seeking 15 million

Don't let facts get in the way of prejudice. He has brown skin, and a funny name.
and brought a bomb to school.

Except for that whole it not being a bomb thing.
sure looks like one to me. the only thing missing is the boom material. The rest is all bomb material.

So it looked like a bomb, excluding anything that could make it explode? So it was a circuit board in a suitcase? Scary. :lol:
what's the difference between that and a unattended briefcase in an airport? you think they call in the bomb squad?

I'd suspect some dummy forgot their briefcase in the airport. I don't live in fear of a terrorist attack around every corner. Let alone one perpetrated by some nerdy looking 14 year old boy. Maybe you should grow some nuts, and quit pissing yourself every time you leave your house.

and brought a bomb to school.

sure looks like one to me. the only thing missing is the boom material. The rest is all bomb material.

So it looked like a bomb, excluding anything that could make it explode? So it was a circuit board in a suitcase? Scary. :lol:
what's the difference between that and a unattended briefcase in an airport? you think they call in the bomb squad?

I'd suspect some dummy forgot their briefcase in the airport. I don't live in fear of a terrorist attack around every corner. Let alone one perpetrated by some nerdy looking 14 year old boy. Maybe you should grow some nuts, and quit pissing yourself every time you leave your house.
that's why in every airport that is a loop announcement. do not leave luggage unattended. yep you're a bright one I see.

If this little twerp get's 15 million the little tyke who got suspended for a pop tart gun should get the same
I agree
Same with the kid with the I support the troops t shirt.

Liberals would lose their minds at our kids, they have wars with dirt clods as missiles, hand to hand combat, etc....it's all part of imagination and growing up
well we know they have no imagination.

’Clock kid’ seeking $15 million in damages
Two months after “clock kid” Ahmed Mohamed made international headlines, new details of his controversial arrest emerged Monday in a letter his attorney has sent to school and city officials in Irving, Tex.
As many as seven adults teamed up to interrogate the 14-year-old boy after a teacher mistook his homemade clock for a bomb and pressured him to sign a confession, according to the “letter of demand” from his lawyer warning of plans to file a $15 million suit.
Ahmed’s September arrest, deemed an overreaction by many observers, drew waves of sympathy and extensive news coverage; President Obama invited him to join several other science-inclined students at the White House’s “Astronomy Night” last month.
But his family, which shortly thereafter took up a benefactor’s offer to relocate to Qatar, argued in the letter that the boy’s reputation has been “permanently scarred.” They are seeking not only financial reparations but written apologies from the city’s mayor and police chief.
“Everyone in the country and around the world believes this has been a wonderful experience for Ahmed’s family, and in some ways, it has been,” said Anthony Bond, a family friend. “But now they are settled in Qatar, they have realized they are tremendously traumatized.” :ack-1:
I agree they went too far but DAMN

you know they don't ask for what they think they'll get. if you have soft tissue injuries you ask for a miliilion. that's how it goes.

he's going to (and should) get a lot of money, though.
I think he should get some too.
I didn't know about the forced confession. If that's true, that's fuckin nuts!

Oh yes, I remember that when the story was current. It was before you came back but we had lively threads on it.

’Clock kid’ seeking $15 million in damages
Two months after “clock kid” Ahmed Mohamed made international headlines, new details of his controversial arrest emerged Monday in a letter his attorney has sent to school and city officials in Irving, Tex.
As many as seven adults teamed up to interrogate the 14-year-old boy after a teacher mistook his homemade clock for a bomb and pressured him to sign a confession, according to the “letter of demand” from his lawyer warning of plans to file a $15 million suit.
Ahmed’s September arrest, deemed an overreaction by many observers, drew waves of sympathy and extensive news coverage; President Obama invited him to join several other science-inclined students at the White House’s “Astronomy Night” last month.
But his family, which shortly thereafter took up a benefactor’s offer to relocate to Qatar, argued in the letter that the boy’s reputation has been “permanently scarred.” They are seeking not only financial reparations but written apologies from the city’s mayor and police chief.
“Everyone in the country and around the world believes this has been a wonderful experience for Ahmed’s family, and in some ways, it has been,” said Anthony Bond, a family friend. “But now they are settled in Qatar, they have realized they are tremendously traumatized.” :ack-1:
I agree they went too far but DAMN

you know they don't ask for what they think they'll get. if you have soft tissue injuries you ask for a miliilion. that's how it goes.

he's going to (and should) get a lot of money, though.
I think he should get some too.
I didn't know about the forced confession. If that's true, that's fuckin nuts!

Oh yes, I remember that when the story was current. It was before you came back but we had lively threads on it.
Oh, I bet lol

that's why in every airport that is a loop announcement. do not leave luggage unattended. yep you're a bright one I see.

There have been dozens of news stories since 9/11 about "suspicious" backpacks or briefcases left unattended, and I can't remember one that turned out to be nothing other than unattended luggage.

If this little twerp get's 15 million the little tyke who got suspended for a pop tart gun should get the same

how is the kid a twerp? he was abused. the little idiot with the poptart gun wasn't arrested.. although suspending him was stupid.

it's ok. I understand that you're not capable of actually thinking these things through
But his reputation was tarnished

how is the kid a twerp? he was abused. the little idiot with the poptart gun wasn't arrested.. although suspending him was stupid.

it's ok. I understand that you're not capable of actually thinking these things through

Bleh, I don't really care what you THINK you understand, please get past thinking I give a rat's ass what you think

I agree
Same with the kid with the I support the troops t shirt.

Liberals would lose their minds at our kids, they have wars with dirt clods as missiles, hand to hand combat, etc....it's all part of imagination and growing up

no comment abuot the kids since we're not allowed to talk about families.

I don't recall my son doing anything that mindless.

There have been dozens of news stories since 9/11 about "suspicious" backpacks or briefcases left unattended, and I can't remember one that turned out to be nothing other than unattended luggage.
and how was it treated?

Bleh, I don't really care what you THINK you understand, please get past thinking I give a rat's ass what you think

i'm pretty sure you don't care what anyone thinks unless they're ignorant and vile and disgusting like you.

but again, that's ok.

But his reputation was tarnished

that's not really the big thing in the clock kid's case... is it?

nope.

i'm pretty sure you don't care what anyone thinks unless they're ignorant and vile and disgusting like you.

but again, that's ok.
but again, you just don't like someone who thinks differently than you. It's funny how this is being treated after all the school violence in this country in the past two years. nonchalant is what gets people killed and that is a fact.

America thinks im a terrorist.. That's why im moving to a state sponsor of terrorism! Ill show them! :lol:

Forum List

Back