Why the GOP Hates the Department of Labor

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
Because it catches, fines, and jails their constituents.

A Papa John's Owner is Going to Jail

As it’s stated on the Attorney General’s website, instead of paying his employees the proper minimum overtime wages according to New York State law, Khokhar paid them the same minimum wage they would make during regular hours. To hide this illegal practice, he created fake identities under which the employees would file their overtime hours to make it look as if they were distributed among more workers. As was previously reported by Fortune, this affected the wages of over 300 current and former employees.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/16/papa-johns-franchisee-jail/

Not to paint with a broad brush here Sir, but with a name like Abdul Jamil Khokhar, I'm not sure that would be a GOP'er.

Also, get some media traction on this so Papa John's pulls his franchise licenses and end him.

Not to paint with a broad brush here Sir, but with a name like Abdul Jamil Khokhar, I'm not sure that would be a GOP'er.

Also, get some media traction on this so Papa John's pulls his franchise licenses and end him.

I personally know a number of GOPers that have foreign sounding names, like O'Reilly.

I'm not so sure Papa John's can.

Because it catches, fines, and jails their constituents.

A Papa John's Owner is Going to Jail

As it’s stated on the Attorney General’s website, instead of paying his employees the proper minimum overtime wages according to New York State law, Khokhar paid them the same minimum wage they would make during regular hours. To hide this illegal practice, he created fake identities under which the employees would file their overtime hours to make it look as if they were distributed among more workers. As was previously reported by Fortune, this affected the wages of over 300 current and former employees.

Papa John's Franchisee Sentenced to Prison for Withheld Wages - Fortune

Glad you sued that guy for short-changing you

I personally know a number of GOPers that have foreign sounding names, like O'Reilly.

O'Reilly isn't a Republican, he's a registered Independent.

But when has the facts ever got in your way.

Unless Papa John's got stupid in their contracting because they were going under, criminal activity that is dangerous to their company name is considered a breach contract.

Unless Papa John's got stupid in their contracting because they were going under, criminal activity that is dangerous to their company name is considered a breach contract.

Unless there is a moral turpitude clause (which I doubt) screwing employees isn't a big deal for corporate America.

Forum List

Back