Clinton / Trump Debate Schedule

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The Commission on Presidential Debates, a nonpartisan organization that has sponsored and produced general-election debates since the late 1980s, has scheduled three debates this fall: Sept. 26 in Hempstead, N.Y.; Oct. 9 in St. Louis; and Oct. 19 in Las Vegas. There is one vice-presidential debate on the docket, in Farmville, Va., on Oct. 4.

Donald Trump said Tuesday that he will commit to three debates this fall with Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, but may try to re-negotiate the terms that have been agreed upon by a bipartisan commission.

“I will absolutely do three debates,” Trump told TIME in a phone interview. “I want to debate very badly. But I have to see the conditions.”

“I’ll have to see who the moderators are. Yeah, I would say that certain moderators would be unacceptable, absolutely,” Trump said. “I did very well in the debates on the primaries. According to the polls, I won all of them. So I look forward to the debates. But, yeah, I want to have fair moderators … I will demand fair moderators.”

More: Trump Says 'I Want to Debate Very Badly.' But He Has Conditions

Sounds like Trump wants to "rig" the debates in his favor.

Last edited:
The Commission on Presidential Debates, a nonpartisan organization that has sponsored and produced general-election debates since the late 1980s, has scheduled three debates this fall: Sept. 26 in Hempstead, N.Y.; Oct. 9 in St. Louis; and Oct. 19 in Las Vegas. There is one vice-presidential debate on the docket, in Farmville, Va., on Oct. 4.

Donald Trump said Tuesday that he will commit to three debates this fall with Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, but may try to re-negotiate the terms that have been agreed upon by a bipartisan commission.

“I will absolutely do three debates,” Trump told TIME in a phone interview. “I want to debate very badly. But I have to see the conditions.”

“I’ll have to see who the moderators are. Yeah, I would say that certain moderators would be unacceptable, absolutely,” Trump said. “I did very well in the debates on the primaries. According to the polls, I won all of them. So I look forward to the debates. But, yeah, I want to have fair moderators … I will demand fair moderators.”

that's unlike Hillary how? Balancing the game

Every candidate wants to "rig" a debate in their favor. The negotiations last months between each campaign's staff. You are making bullshit out of a non-story.

anyone remember Dan Rather? Where is he today?

anyone remember Dan Rather? Where is he today?
He was at the Democratic convention.

30t3n9x.jpg

I sure do miss getting my ass kicked like in 68!

Every candidate wants to "rig" a debate in their favor. The negotiations last months between each campaign's staff. You are making bullshit out of a non-story.

No, sparky, it is not a "non-story" if Trump wants to re-negotiate the conditions after they have already been established and agreed upon by a bipartisan commission.

No, sparky, it is not a "non-story" if Trump wants to re-negotiate the conditions after they have already been established and agreed upon by a bipartisan commission.
Too bad for you they have not been established and agreed upon.

This kind of back and forth between campaigns for the terms of the debates, right down to the height of the lecterns, happens EVERY election, you ignorant fuck.

This kind of back and forth between campaigns for the terms of the debates, right down to the height of the lecterns, happens EVERY election, you ignorant fuck.

They haven't? So, you're saying TIME is lying? Damn...

The Presidential Debate Blog: Presidential Debate Negotiation: A Guest Post by Professor Jay Self

As we approach the first presidential debate of the 2008 election season, the campaigns are finalizing the Memorandum of Understanding for this series of debates (at least at the writing of this post). The basic structure and formats of the debates have been agreed upon, negotiating joint debate appearances; much more has been negotiated in the past. In the 2004 presidential campaign, the Kerry and Bush campaigns produced a 32-page document that detailed when and where the debates would occur, the format, who would moderate, who would be in the audience for the town hall debates, and what the staging would look like for each debate. This was the only time in the history of presidential debates that the Memorandum of Understanding had been released prior to the debates. Based on what I’ve seen so far in this election cycle, I would say that it is unlikely that the Memorandum of Understanding for the Obama-McCain debates will be released to the public prior to their debates. Keep in mind that presidential debate negotiations, historically speaking, are not just a method for getting what your candidate wants in the debate, they become a type of campaign rhetoric. The negotiation rhetoric develops over five different contexts: The pre-negotiation context, the negotiation context, the pre-debate context, the debate context and the post-debate context. I will not focus on the last two, as they do not pertain the debate negotiations. Let’s begin with the early rhetoric of the pre-negotiation context.

Both candidates will have their own "conditions". Trump will not just have his say as to how these debates will be laid out.
Precisely. That's why it is called a negotiation.

Of course, he will brag he got everything he wanted because he is the greatest negotiator who ever lived, bleev me. The best. He wrote The Art of the Deal. No one can out negotiate the Donald.

Then, when he loses, he will say it was rigged...a total disaster...the end of the world as we know it...

They haven't? So, you're saying TIME is lying? Damn...

Do you even question your sources at all? Time, if they say what you are is definitely wrong

Yep, Tonto. Hillary knows she's going to get the floor waxed with her head and since she can't avoid it completely, she wants as few people as possible to witness it

Forum List

Back