Clinton comment on SB 1070 suit angers Brewer

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
Gov. Jan Brewer lashed out at the president and his administration Thursday, saying they effectively announced - in Ecuador - that the federal government will sue Arizona over the state's new immigration law, known as SB 1070.

"That is just totally outrageous," the governor said after being told of a televised interview with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that aired in Ecuador. She said there is no reason Arizonans should have to learn of it through a blog post of an interview she did with NTN-24.

Brewer made the remarks to reporters after a luncheon in Oro Valley.

Clinton - in an interview taped about a week ago that aired while she was visiting several Latin American and Caribbean countries - said that President Obama has spoken out against the law because he believes immigration policy should be determined by the federal government.

That mirrors statements the president has made since Arizona adopted the law, which requires police to check the immigration status of those they have stopped for other reasons if there is "reasonable suspicion" they are not in this country legally.

It was what followed that was new - and that caused the stir.

"And the Justice Department, under his direction, will be bringing a lawsuit against the act," Clinton said in the interview.

While Obama directed the Justice Department to review the law, the president previously said any decision on whether to sue would be made by Attorney General Eric Holder.

The White House would not comment, referring calls to the Justice Department.

That agency would not answer questions about what, if anything, the president directed Holder to do about the Arizona statute. Instead, spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler said only that her agency "continues to review the law."

Clinton comment on SB 1070 suit angers Brewer

The Justice Dept must be working feverishly to find fault with this bill - how long is it going to take??? Hmmmmmmm.

I'm sure Brewer's anger really frightens Hillary but she'll survive.

Seriously, who would be afraid of this pandering doormat governor? Hillary and this administration will do what is necessary to strike down this racist and unfair law.

Hillary announced this in Ecuador. Why in the hell do these moonbats go to foreign soil to talk about problems within the US? This is an internal matter. Damn Leftards.

Hillary announced this in Ecuador. Why in the hell do these moonbats go to foreign soil to talk about problems within the US? This is an internal matter. Damn Leftards.

What better place than in a latin american country? It's called pandering for the hispanic vote. Most hispanics (those who matter i.e. the voters) are FOR this bill - I would bet my last dollar on that.

What better place than in a latin american country? It's called pandering for the hispanic vote. Most hispanics (those who matter i.e. the voters) are FOR this bill - I would bet my last dollar on that.

Wait, you think Latinos are for this law... They're the ones getting stopped and questioned.

Ridiculous. Latinos are for amnesty and so are most intelligent Americans.

Wait, you think Latinos are for this law... They're the ones getting stopped and questioned.

Well, I have not yet risen to the level of 'intelligence' that many of you have....but.....yes, I would wager that MANY latinos are for this law. And NO, they are NOT the ones being stopped and questioned as this law has yet to go into effect. I beg to differ....the majority of latinos, i.e. those who vote, are NOT for amnesty....as are NOT most intelligent Americans.

Still have yet to show where this law is racist. Simply stating it is racist does not make it so. Take note on how it mirrors fed law, these laws already exist. Why is it bad for Arizona to enforce federal law that the feds are not enforcing. Someone needs to pick up the slack.

The bill has the support of the American people because the problems are apparent and need to be solved.

Gov.JanBrewer%28R-Arizona%29.jpg

"I am incensed that that fucking slut Hillary is talking shit about
Arizona! I dare her to step foot in this great state and I will
pop a cap in her ass, that fucking bitch!" - Jan Brewer

Seriously, who would be afraid of this pandering doormat governor? Hillary and this administration will do what is necessary to strike down this racist and unfair law.

you are aware the federal law the same......except they do not need cause to stop you....

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion SaraG is an empty headed pumpkin filled with kool aid.

The regime is still looking into this .... :lol:

These fucks read 2000 page bills in four hours but it takes them over a month to read a 10 page bill......:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your elitist attitude is the real reason most people don't like the left. You just managed to call everyone who disagrees with you stupid. That is a great way to win an argument.

And they will lose. But I doubt if the suit will go forward because the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act support the Arizona bill. Even if it is stricked down, it will not stop Arizona from using the FINA to go after illegal aliens, Just as they always have done.
It is not racist or unfair, not illegal, to enforce our immigration laws already on the book that allow state and local officials to arrest, detain those they suspect are in this country illegally and turn them over to ICE. ICE have been releasing illegal aliens and they do not appear in court. Arizona will not and cannot be stopped.

Right wing village idiot talk.

Still have yet to show where this law is racist. Simply stating it is racist does not make it so. Take note on how it mirrors fed law, these laws already exist. Why is it bad for Arizona to enforce federal law that the feds are not enforcing. Someone needs to pick up the slack.

The bill has the support of the American people because the problems are apparent and need to be solved.

IF the Arizona law is racist, so are all the rest of our immigration laws. Civil rights law is racist. Constitution is racist ,etc.

Bucket of horse S***. Whites and Blacks are stopped on traffic violations, ask for same documents illegal alien are asked for and the prisons in Arizona are full of them. American citizens commit crimes and they are prosecuted, illegal aliens commit crimes and they are rewarded with amnesty. Now who is really the victim here? American children are not anchor babies that gives their criminal parents a get out of jail card.

The Federal Immigration and Nationality Act SUPPORT the Arizona law 100%. The is no legal precedent against "could" "may or might" lead to racial profiling. If you are legal, you should be able to show driver license, proof of insurance and registration and if you cannot, that is "reasonable suspicion" and my lead to suspecting illegal immigration. So deal with it.

Whoa there Sarah; If I am stopped for a traffic violation (me being brown and Hispanic looking) I will be asked to show my drivers license, proof of insurance and registration and if I do not have them and officer can call and verify that I do have those item and I will be ticketed and have to show up in court and show those papers. So I do not leave home in my car without them. THAT IS NOT PROFILING, that is the officer doing his job and he "will" ask if I am in the country illegal if he cannot verify those document when he calls in.
The rhetoric you spew will not fly like a bucket of horse s***.

Forum List

Back