Clinton comment on SB 1070 suit angers Brewer

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Angelhair, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Gov. Jan Brewer lashed out at the president and his administration Thursday, saying they effectively announced - in Ecuador - that the federal government will sue Arizona over the state's new immigration law, known as SB 1070.

"That is just totally outrageous," the governor said after being told of a televised interview with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that aired in Ecuador. She said there is no reason Arizonans should have to learn of it through a blog post of an interview she did with NTN-24.

Brewer made the remarks to reporters after a luncheon in Oro Valley.

Clinton - in an interview taped about a week ago that aired while she was visiting several Latin American and Caribbean countries - said that President Obama has spoken out against the law because he believes immigration policy should be determined by the federal government.

That mirrors statements the president has made since Arizona adopted the law, which requires police to check the immigration status of those they have stopped for other reasons if there is "reasonable suspicion" they are not in this country legally.

It was what followed that was new - and that caused the stir.

"And the Justice Department, under his direction, will be bringing a lawsuit against the act," Clinton said in the interview.

While Obama directed the Justice Department to review the law, the president previously said any decision on whether to sue would be made by Attorney General Eric Holder.

The White House would not comment, referring calls to the Justice Department.

That agency would not answer questions about what, if anything, the president directed Holder to do about the Arizona statute. Instead, spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler said only that her agency "continues to review the law."

Clinton comment on SB 1070 suit angers Brewer

2. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    The Justice Dept must be working feverishly to find fault with this bill - how long is it going to take??? Hmmmmmmm.

3. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,986
    I'm sure Brewer's anger really frightens Hillary but she'll survive.

Seriously, who would be afraid of this pandering doormat governor? Hillary and this administration will do what is necessary to strike down this racist and unfair law.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    loose lips sinks ships

5. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Hillary announced this in Ecuador. Why in the hell do these moonbats go to foreign soil to talk about problems within the US? This is an internal matter. Damn Leftards.

6. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    What better place than in a latin american country? It's called pandering for the hispanic vote. Most hispanics (those who matter i.e. the voters) are FOR this bill - I would bet my last dollar on that.

7. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,986
    Wait, you think Latinos are for this law... They're the ones getting stopped and questioned.

Ridiculous. Latinos are for amnesty and so are most intelligent Americans.

8. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Well, I have not yet risen to the level of 'intelligence' that many of you have....but.....yes, I would wager that MANY latinos are for this law. And NO, they are NOT the ones being stopped and questioned as this law has yet to go into effect. I beg to differ....the majority of latinos, i.e. those who vote, are NOT for amnesty....as are NOT most intelligent Americans.

9. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,298
    Still have yet to show where this law is racist. Simply stating it is racist does not make it so. Take note on how it mirrors fed law, these laws already exist. Why is it bad for Arizona to enforce federal law that the feds are not enforcing. Someone needs to pick up the slack.

The bill has the support of the American people because the problems are apparent and need to be solved.

10. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    [​IMG]

"I am incensed that that fucking slut Hillary is talking shit about
    Arizona! I dare her to step foot in this great state and I will
    pop a cap in her ass, that fucking bitch!" - Jan Brewer