Clint vs The Chair

Yep, that's why Romney has pulled ahead and obama is now trying to play catch up. Which will be made more difficult by his having to follow Romney's lead.

Yep, that's why Romney has pulled ahead and obama is now trying to play catch up. Which will be made more difficult by his having to follow Romney's lead.

Even after his post convention poll bump......Romney is still getting beaten by an empty chair

This chair is still empty.........

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg
48m21iw8ezpfvv1ola8t_reasonably_small.jpeg
https://twitter.com/InvisibleObama

Everything is a joke to the left....unless they become the focus of one.

Seems to me Clint was just doing a skit, but the left, as usual, has gone nuts over something that was simply a joke, kind of like the jokes folks like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart do every day.

Every single liberal of note just had to comment on Clint Eastwood's skit about an invisible Obama sitting in an empty chair.
Olivia Munn didn't find it so funny. She tweeted: "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke.

Seth Meyers tweeted: "When Clint woke up this morning he saw that Obama was gone from the chair...Or was he still there!?!?!"

Zachary Quinto tweeted: "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama."

Roseanne Barr: "clint eastwood is CRAY."

Piers Morgan: "Still reeling from that #Clint performance - sooooooooo weird."

Blake Shelton: "I. Love. Clint Eastwood."

Zach Braff: "Now all my chairs want to be interviewed too."

Soon after the speech, the chair had its own Twitter account, and "Eastwooding" - talking to an empty chair - became the new thing, with pictures of empty chairs popping up.

Tweeted comedian Hal Sparks: "I was just about to make an #eastwooding joke and one of my kitchen stools told me to Go (expletive) Myself... Touché!"

The president got in on the act, tweeting a photo of himself, with the message: "This seat's taken."

I didn't see it all that degrading but the left found plenty of reason to wail about it.

I'm still waiting for the first accusations of racism.

Hollywood reacts to Clint Eastwood and his chair

I didn't see it, but I heard it was pretty bad. But I said to myself, "How bad could it be?" After all, this is stagecraft, and this campaign is being run by professionals who supposedly know their business. So, I figured all the criticisms must be exaggerations. Then I watched it on line.

Here's what I was left thinking after watching it:

These are the people who want to govern this country???

For Pete's sake, the RNC and the republicans running Romney's campaign had WEEKS (months, actually) to put together a convention. They didn't have to deal with governing or crises anywhere. They could focus their entire attention behind the scenes with NO distractions. And they put an 82 yo man up on stage without a script to 'wing it'?

The Republicans blew their chance to shine!

The biggest failure of the Republicans is they failed to present a view os what a Republican led America would be like

But, never fear........our president will spell out the meaning of a Republican led America

It ain't gonna be pretty

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg

Seems to me Clint was just doing a skit, but the left, as usual, has gone nuts over something that was simply a joke, kind of like the jokes folks like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart do every day.

Every single liberal of note just had to comment on Clint Eastwood's skit about an invisible Obama sitting in an empty chair.

Olivia Munn didn't find it so funny. She tweeted: "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke.

Seth Meyers tweeted: "When Clint woke up this morning he saw that Obama was gone from the chair...Or was he still there!?!?!"

Zachary Quinto tweeted: "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama."

Soon after the speech, the chair had its own Twitter account, and "Eastwooding" - talking to an empty chair - became the new thing, with pictures of empty chairs popping up.

Tweeted comedian Hal Sparks: "I was just about to make an #eastwooding joke and one of my kitchen stools told me to Go (expletive) Myself... Touché!"

The president got in on the act, tweeting a photo of himself, with the message: "This seat's taken."

I didn't see it all that degrading but the left found plenty of reason to wail about it.

The empty chair was perfect, it's been empty for 3.5 years, what better visualization do you need, he's a actor/director, he has been pretty successful at it for decades, Obama has only succeeded at being a failure...

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg

I didn't see it, but I heard it was pretty bad. But I said to myself, "How bad could it be?" After all, this is stagecraft, and this campaign is being run by professionals who supposedly know their business. So, I figured all the criticisms must be exaggerations. Then I watched it on line.

For Pete's sake, the RNC and the republicans running Romney's campaign had WEEKS (months, actually) to put together a convention. They didn't have to deal with governing or crises anywhere. They could focus their entire attention behind the scenes with NO distractions. And they put an 82 yo man up on stage without a script to 'wing it'?

The biggest failure of the Republicans is they failed to present a view os what a Republican led America would be like

But, never fear........our president will spell out the meaning of a Republican led America

It ain't gonna be pretty

we are used to Obama, his comrades in arms and his cult followers NOT being pretty..that why I hope he is VOTED OUT..
lets do it people

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg

It ain't gonna be pretty

If anyone could tell me what Romney's proposed policies are, I would like to hear it cuz I ain't hearing it from him.

If anyone could tell me what Romney's proposed policies are, I would like to hear it cuz I ain't hearing it from him.

Haven't you heard? ... He has 12 million jobs in his hip pocket but couldn't help a homeless woman find a telephone.

Actually, the Eastwood debacle is very typical of how badly this "campaign" has been run and how bad the two candidates are coming off.

Nothing but lies from both Romney and Ryan.

The one thing we have is their histories - We know they are both corrupt and dishonest. We know they have never done anything FOR their country but have done plenty to HARM the country and all of the citizens.

We need to believe their histories because that's all they have given us.

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg

You wish.

This isn't about image or flash, this is about righting an economy that is foundering.

Clint was brought in to add some excitement to the evening and he did. The skit was just a cute little thing that was odd because it was Clint Eastwood, but still original, because it was Clint Eastwood. Liberals hated it and those of us who saw it live thought it was funny.

Clint Eastwood has a style all his own, so you have to take that into account. The only thing I found off about the performance was the fact that Eastwood is obviously getting on in years, but he still did a good job.

Oh, and BTW..........I knew the left would make fun of his age. That's what they do.

Last edited:
Clint was brought in to add some excitement to the evening and he did.

yeah, cuz the candidate is a real snooze.

BTW, it was pretty funny when Chris Christie told the crowd to act excited.

GAWD.

I watched the chair debate ... I laughed at some parts, and some were really awkward. However, I havent seen any whining on the left, just people laughing at an old man debating an inanimate object.

Dirty Harry meets Harvey the Rabbit

I watched the chair debate ... I laughed at some parts, and some were really awkward. However, I havent seen any whining on the left, just people laughing at an old man debating an inanimate object.

Dirty Harry meets Harvey the Rabbit

Ever thought that was the reason Clint stuttered so much???

After all, clint is not only an actor but a film buff.

210405.1020.A.jpg

Forum List

Back