Clint vs The Chair

This chair is still empty.........

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg
48m21iw8ezpfvv1ola8t_reasonably_small.jpeg
https://twitter.com/InvisibleObama

Everything is a joke to the left....unless they become the focus of one.

Seems to me Clint was just doing a skit, but the left, as usual, has gone nuts over something that was simply a joke, kind of like the jokes folks like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart do every day.

Every single liberal of note just had to comment on Clint Eastwood's skit about an invisible Obama sitting in an empty chair.

Olivia Munn didn't find it so funny. She tweeted: "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke.

Seth Meyers tweeted: "When Clint woke up this morning he saw that Obama was gone from the chair...Or was he still there!?!?!"

Zachary Quinto tweeted: "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama."

Roseanne Barr: "clint eastwood is CRAY."

Piers Morgan: "Still reeling from that #Clint performance - sooooooooo weird."

Blake Shelton: "I. Love. Clint Eastwood."

Zach Braff: "Now all my chairs want to be interviewed too."

Soon after the speech, the chair had its own Twitter account, and "Eastwooding" - talking to an empty chair - became the new thing, with pictures of empty chairs popping up.

Tweeted comedian Hal Sparks: "I was just about to make an #eastwooding joke and one of my kitchen stools told me to Go (expletive) Myself... Touché!"

The president got in on the act, tweeting a photo of himself, with the message: "This seat's taken."

I didn't see it all that degrading but the left found plenty of reason to wail about it.

I'm still waiting for the first accusations of racism.

Hollywood reacts to Clint Eastwood and his chair

Conservatives wouldn't talk to an empty WHITE chair like that.

This chair is still empty.........

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg
48m21iw8ezpfvv1ola8t_reasonably_small.jpeg
https://twitter.com/InvisibleObama

Everything is a joke to the left....unless they become the focus of one.

Seems to me Clint was just doing a skit, but the left, as usual, has gone nuts over something that was simply a joke, kind of like the jokes folks like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart do every day.

Every single liberal of note just had to comment on Clint Eastwood's skit about an invisible Obama sitting in an empty chair.
Olivia Munn didn't find it so funny. She tweeted: "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke.

Seth Meyers tweeted: "When Clint woke up this morning he saw that Obama was gone from the chair...Or was he still there!?!?!"

Zachary Quinto tweeted: "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama."

Roseanne Barr: "clint eastwood is CRAY."

Piers Morgan: "Still reeling from that #Clint performance - sooooooooo weird."

Blake Shelton: "I. Love. Clint Eastwood."

Zach Braff: "Now all my chairs want to be interviewed too."

Soon after the speech, the chair had its own Twitter account, and "Eastwooding" - talking to an empty chair - became the new thing, with pictures of empty chairs popping up.

Tweeted comedian Hal Sparks: "I was just about to make an #eastwooding joke and one of my kitchen stools told me to Go (expletive) Myself... Touché!"

The president got in on the act, tweeting a photo of himself, with the message: "This seat's taken."
I didn't see it all that degrading but the left found plenty of reason to wail about it.

I'm still waiting for the first accusations of racism.

Hollywood reacts to Clint Eastwood and his chair

I didn't see it, but I heard it was pretty bad. But I said to myself, "How bad could it be?" After all, this is stagecraft, and this campaign is being run by professionals who supposedly know their business. So, I figured all the criticisms must be exaggerations. Then I watched it on line.

Here's what I was left thinking after watching it:

These are the people who want to govern this country???

For Pete's sake, the RNC and the republicans running Romney's campaign had WEEKS (months, actually) to put together a convention. They didn't have to deal with governing or crises anywhere. They could focus their entire attention behind the scenes with NO distractions. And they put an 82 yo man up on stage without a script to 'wing it'?

The Republicans blew their chance to shine!

You wish.

This isn't about image or flash, this is about righting an economy that is foundering.

Clint was brought in to add some excitement to the evening and he did. The skit was just a cute little thing that was odd because it was Clint Eastwood, but still original, because it was Clint Eastwood. Liberals hated it and those of us who saw it live thought it was funny.

Clint Eastwood has a style all his own, so you have to take that into account. The only thing I found off about the performance was the fact that Eastwood is obviously getting on in years, but he still did a good job.

Oh, and BTW..........I knew the left would make fun of his age. That's what they do.

Virtually everyone is doddering to one degree or another once they've passed the age of 80.

The economy is foundering for two reasons. One, it suffered from the biggest bubble and subsequent downturn in about 80 years, which, oddly enough, is right about the time Eastwood was born. That was the era of anything goes where regulation was a joke. That economic downturn lasted several years, and was made WORSE by an austerity push by the Republicans in the late 30's. Austerity is what modern-day Republicans have in mind to RIGHT the economy, in case you haven't been paying attention.

But, the years go by, and historical memory is supplanted by the ascendancy of new generations who don't personally recall bygone days, both good AND bad. And everything old, becomes new again. And what is it that became new and fashionable again? The idea that regulation is bad and that free markets (the freer the better, of course) could somehow cure any ill, despite the fact that it was regulations that kept the system stable for decades. Well, that deregulation mantra led TO:

The Great Recession of 2008!

And the prescribed Republican supply-side cure? More deregulation, of course.

So, what is the second reason the economy is foundering? Republicans made a decision to not help the economy recover because that might just help get Obama reelected. Yeah, when Rush said he wanted Obama to fail, he wasn't any more worried about his financial future than Republicans were worried about their political future if the economy continued to languish because they figured America would simply toss Obama out of office regardless of who they nominated to run against him. As a tactic, it makes a certain kind of sense. It also makes a mockery of Republicans' claim to love America if and when they're willing to have average Americans continue to suffer economic hardship just so they can get back into power.

Maybe they'll win. Maybe they won't. I don't know. God only knows that the last four years has revealed a conservative willingness to lie about everything under the sun with the possible exception of whether it's day or night.

What HAS become clear is that conservative Republicans can manage to do damage whether they're in power or out of power in the executive branch. I've just concluded that they can't do as much damage when they're in the minority. So, I ain't a gonna vote for another Republican (yes, I've voted for Republicans) until the party reigns in the ultraconservatives who can't govern worth a damn and instead ruin everything they touch.

I don't want any more stupid wars for made up reasons. And I don't want any more supply-side nonsense. And I damn sure want reasonable regulations to insure that the powers that be are not gaming the system with the help of the politicians they buy. I would also like REAL campaign finance reform so wealthy corporations can't overwhelm the system (and the will of the electorate) with the corrupting influence of money.

At any rate, I wish average people would stop blindly following the Republican party which keeps screwing over ALL average people (regardless of their political affiliation) in favor of the wealthiest people in this country who are doing their damnedest to buy both legislation AND elections. That's why, recently, few things have angered me more than watching one political party trying to disenfranchise large numbers of legal voters under the guise of trying to prevent voter fraud because they're not confident they can win otherwise. After all, how ludicrous is it that the members of the political party who incessantly talk about freedom and the constitution as if both are in constant jeopardy are the very people who are constantly trying to figure out new ways to marginalize people from the political process?

I guess what it comes down to is that the GOP isn't really a political party anymore because the "P" in GOP has come to mean propaganda. I just ain't buyin' what they're shoveling. And frankly, at this point I wonder how long it's going to be before they figure out a way to keep me (and maybe YOU some day) from voting.

Last edited:
Clint struggled up there........sad really

One felt embarrassed for him.

What HAS become clear is that conservative Republicans can manage to do damage whether they're in power or out of power in the executive branch. I've just concluded that they can't do as much damage when they're in the minority. So, I ain't a gonna vote for another Republican (yes, I've voted for Republicans) until the party reigns in the ultraconservatives who can't govern worth a damn and instead ruin everything they touch.
Which means you’ll likely never vote for another republican.

Im going to assume, based on all the anger from the right in this thread on behalf of Clint, that there will be no angry mean spirited Sandra fluke threads after the DNC .... because its pathetic to make fun of the messenger. Right?

Typical lib.......WE are supposed to be angry......LMAO!!!!!:eusa_clap:

Clint struggled up there........sad really

One felt embarrassed for him.

Which means you’ll likely never vote for another republican.

Who the fuck are you quoting....dip-shit????:badgrin:

Yeah, thats what i thought.

Clint debated a chair. It was funny, and weird, there are 2 threads about it, and the worst thing I've seen written about him amounts to " wow he's old!". Somehow I suspect things won't be so nice after Sandra Flukes speech.

New Topics

Forum List

Back