Clint Eastwood was great

Sad and embarrassing. Even one percenters get senile.

But, being a one percenter means he can get treatment.

Remember the poor old guy that Ryan had thrown out of his "town hall meeting" because he dared to ask what the pubs planned to do to his Medicare? Eastwood doesn't have to worry about that.

He's is a pub because he can afford to be.

Eastwood's speech was too complicated for a bunch of Marxist leg humpers to understand, i'm still shocked..... :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Some of the goober uber-lefties are apparently incredulous that most people simply don't view things the way they do.

They are really bothered by the fact that we don't agree with their mis-perceptions.

And I think it’s that time. And I think if you just step aside and Mr. Romney can kind of take over. You can maybe still use a plane.

(APPLAUSE)

Though maybe a smaller one. Not that big gas guzzler you are going around to colleges and talking about student loans and stuff like that.

(APPLAUSE)

You are an -- an ecological man. Why would you want to drive that around?

OK, well anyway. All right, I’m sorry. I can’t do that to myself either.

(APPLAUSE)

I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we -- we own this country.

(APPLAUSE)

We -- we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.

(APPLAUSE)

And -- so -- they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.

When they said "we" own the country, they meant "white people" own the country. The truth is, Republicans have made sure it's really a handful of billionaires who own the country and they are fighting to keep it that way.

Dude. Seriously?

The only ones that got "punked" were the RNC. Clint's performance was just crude and insulting. I wonder what he charged the CONZ for that performance?

I found his performance to be humorous, practical and straight forward. I spent a few minutes with a smile on my face and found some new hope for our country while watching and listening to Clint charm that crowd and a big part of our nation.

Clint certainly did work the crowd, didn't he?

Yes he did. He was charming every lady in the place and putting a smile on the men's faces while he did it.

And I think it’s that time. And I think if you just step aside and Mr. Romney can kind of take over. You can maybe still use a plane.

(APPLAUSE)

Though maybe a smaller one. Not that big gas guzzler you are going around to colleges and talking about student loans and stuff like that.

(APPLAUSE)

You are an -- an ecological man. Why would you want to drive that around?

OK, well anyway. All right, I’m sorry. I can’t do that to myself either.

(APPLAUSE)

I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we -- we own this country.

(APPLAUSE)

We -- we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.

(APPLAUSE)

And -- so -- they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.

When they said "we" own the country, they meant "white people" own the country. The truth is, Republicans have made sure it's really a handful of billionaires who own the country and they are fighting to keep it that way.

Dude. Seriously?

Yeah..seriously.

Republicans are advocating a top down economy.

They've essentially said that.

He didn't ramble, he made cogent points.

25 million unemployed and failure to turn it around, was his "thesis," and if you missed it then that's on you not on him. It's all in print now, if you needed it transcribed.

There's nothing "cogent' about those points. There's alot of "out of context' bull hookey about those points.

Reagan's first term saw a compliant congress, some favorable economic conditions and STILL unemployment was at 7%. And that's in spite of his administration furiously pumping money into states to hire cops, firemen, teachers and other civil servants. And in spite of his administration furiously pumping money into the defense industry.

Obama had the exact opposite.

Eastwood's "cogent" points had Obama telling Romney to "go fuck himself". He's never had that sort of flash of temper in any venue.

So Eastwood's "cogent" points were as much a ramble to an empty chair as most people "cogently" see them as..

Just because you disagree with his point(s), doesn't make them incoherent rambling. He came across perfectly fine to a non-biased bistander. Get a grip.

Dude..there was some incoherent rambling.

If this wasn't Clint..most people would have completely dimissed this..

This was a worse moment then Jim Stockdale..politically.

All of these hacks in the media saying it was incoherent, etc?

Come on, you guys have no swag whatsoever. This guy actually made "the point" in the most obvious, charming sort of way. If you thought it was "bizarre" or whatever, I think you're just a stiff, tbh.

I agree!

Only an Obama supporter would beat up the elderly. Most of us have respect for the elderly and we give them a pass but not the Obama supporters!

Clint Eastwood is an American icon and an actor his speech was in part a monolog that was humorous and entertaining to his audience. At 82 years old he is faring well and I was glad to see that. Screw anyone who wants to pick on the elderly for political gain they’re a bunch of low life losers.

I thought Clint’s speech was hilarious and he hit the mark! It’s something that if anyone saw the speech they won’t soon forget. The Obama supporters can’t stop talking about it so it must have hit home. Good Job Clint!!! :clap2:

Last edited:
All the frauds and fakes who pretend that Clint didn't do pretty darn well are just being dishonest, liberal-partisan hacks.

Congratulations Fonzi, you just waterskiied right over Jaws.

Clint's poor performance is not a reflection of the Republican party, but to say he did well becomes a reflection on your ability to objectively assess a political situation. Get out the mirror you conservative-partisan hack.

I was really pulling for Clint so it was painful......

Your claim was false. Repeating it, therefore, does nothing to change your status.

You are now just a repeat liar.

Ho hum.

Since you are obviously so partisan to be able to distinguish truth, calling me a repeat liar is meaningless. How is that leather jacket fitting Fonzi?

All the frauds and fakes who pretend that Clint didn't do pretty darn well are just being dishonest, liberal-partisan hacks.

Congratulations Fonzi, you just waterskiied right over Jaws.

Clint's poor performance is not a reflection of the Republican party, but to say he did well becomes a reflection on your ability to objectively assess a political situation. Get out the mirror you conservative-partisan hack.

I was really pulling for Clint so it was painful......

Yes, I'm sure you were. :rolleyes:

Let's see...Unforgiven, letters from Iwo Jima, Million Dollar Baby, grand Torino, Dirty Harry...yea, I am a fan. I really wanted him to do well since I truly believe his performance - good or bad - has no impact on the election.

I found his poor performance painful because I admire his movies and it was a reminder that everyone gets old and I am no spring chicken myself.

He meant the Citizens. Good grief, dude.

No he didn't. I know exactly what he meant. "Real" citizens don't engage in voter suppression. And now that the Republican leadership has admitted to what they are doing and why, you can't put that cat back into that bag.

you have zero proof as to Eastwood's intent.The man doesn't bullshit like you wished he did.

Gran torino wasn't a documentary.

eastwoods carreer may be on the skids after this one.

Mitt had a great documentury playing about himself Before the eastwood rambling insult.

These people just cant seem to get anything right

what was wrong with it, in your opinion?

It was rambling, unnatrual, insulting to the atmosphere they were trying to create and insulting to the very Office Mitt is seeking.

It will hurt Eastwood more than people think.

Robmoney will survive it.

His followers are so blank brained it will mean nothing.

um Eastwood is 82, he already had his career and has stopped acting as well.
He doesnt give a shit.

But that's a false claim. Imagine my surprise to see GT being dishonest.

Speaking of assholes, GT, you are a whining pussy. But that's ok. You still get to BE the asshole you are.

So, congrats on that.

And, by the way, your poorly constructed run on sentence DID tail off. And telling the President that he's fired in a gentle way like "we gotta let you go" is a nice way of putting it.

Hurry back with another whine.

It tailed off? you mean I broke structure on a message board??!?!?!? No WAY Batman!

Or, do you just not like what it said......? Couldn't be that.

Eat a dick ya fuckin' busy body.

No no, G.T. It means what it says. Your poorly constructed sentence started off with the promise of expressing (possibly) a complete thought. However, it didn't follow through.

Your effort was a fail.

Raise your standards and do stop whining.

There's a good little feller.

stop whining about something irrelevant.

Clint Eastwood did something that Barry couldn't do if he practiced for a year. And that is to go before a crowd in a hall and give a coherent speech WITHOUT a teleprompter.

Funniest dang thing I've seen in some time. Right on the mark!

Glad I DVR'ed that, it was great!

It's been an interesting week. Not only listening to the convention speeches, but watching libs melt down, reduced to blithering hysteria in their search for things to criticize. It's like watching an entire political party have a public nervous breakdown. :eusa_shifty:
Good grief, poor little Chrissy Matthews looked like he was about to go fetal in order to keep his head from exploding. And now this very SAD criticism of Clint Eastwood.

Sure, Clint's got a few years on him now. But he got his point across just fine and in an extremely entertaining way. And of course, Republicans will find it more amusing that Democrats, but there's a tipping point at which undue criticism over some lighthearted entertainment makes people look joyless and petty... and you libs have reached that point with this bashing of Eastwood. You look like a bunch of sourpusses who can't manage to find the fun in life. And who knows? Maybe Clint just put a big spotlight on the mean-spirited dourness of your ideology.

Forum List

Back