Clint Eastwood was great

Clint Eastwood's empty chair was more of an inside joke among intelligent people. I'm not surprised democrats didn't get it. I'm surprised they admit to not getting it.

Less than 12 minutes. Maybe a re-view or two will help focus this conversation:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933hKyKNPFQ]Clint Eastwood RNC Speech (COMPLETE): Actor Assails Obama Through Empty Chair - YouTube[/ame]

I watched all of 40 second of the convention live (I've YouTube a few things) and I saw Clint. I wish that Thomas Sowell was the Mystery Guest speaker, would have been compelling.

Just to kick off this part of the festivities, let me throw out a question to everyone.

Go to the (roughly) 4:12 mark. Enjoy a moment.

NOW:

Isn't it true that somebody HAD the idea of trying the alleged terrorists in downtown New York City?

And wasn't that "someone" the incumbent President of the United States?

And WASN'T that a particularly STUPID idea?

I wouldn't expect you to see it any other way, sweetie. ;)

That's basically what it was.

I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood. And that's not just of the "Dirty Harry" and "Man with no name" Eastwood. I've seen him in "Paint Your Wagon", "Beguiled" and "Play Misty for Me". I think he's an American Treasure. I still do.

But this was basically what it was.

Rambling dialouge with an empty chair.

He didn't ramble, he made cogent points.

25 million unemployed and failure to turn it around, was his "thesis," and if you missed it then that's on you not on him. It's all in print now, if you needed it transcribed.

There's nothing "cogent' about those points. There's alot of "out of context' bull hookey about those points.

Reagan's first term saw a compliant congress, some favorable economic conditions and STILL unemployment was at 7%. And that's in spite of his administration furiously pumping money into states to hire cops, firemen, teachers and other civil servants. And in spite of his administration furiously pumping money into the defense industry.

Obama had the exact opposite.

Eastwood's "cogent" points had Obama telling Romney to "go fuck himself". He's never had that sort of flash of temper in any venue.

So Eastwood's "cogent" points were as much a ramble to an empty chair as most people "cogently" see them as..

The Eastwood performance absolutely DOES improve with age.

It has some libs (not the rational ones, but the fubars like rderp) so out of whack, in fact, that they try to make the case the claim that "we own this country" is some more of that alleged "racism."

Can't make this shit up.

The idiot, rderp, actually went there.

Very much like Chrissy Matthews trying to 'make the case' that any Republican or conservative reference to "Chicago" is also coded racism.

Again, ya can't make this shit up.

Chrissy Matthews also went there.

The libs are not handling the reality of this election all that well.

The President is losing. And Clint Eastwood DID give an entertaining performance touching on some fairly important topics.

Last edited:

It has some libs (not the rational ones, but the fubars like rderp) so out of whack, in fact, that they try to make the case the "we own this country" is some more of that alleged "racism."

Can't make this shit up.

Very much like Chrissy Matthews trying to 'make the case' that any Republican or conservative reference to "Chicago" is also coded racism.

The President is losing. And Clint Eastwood DID give an entertaining performance touching on some fairly important topics.

OK counselor.... I didn't see the whole performance... Clint kinda fell on his face with Torino.. I got through about half of it. That old guy sayin "get off my lawn" was embarrassing coming from him.

Anyway.. the two refferences to "go fuck yourself"???? What the fuck was THAT supposed to represent. The only politician I am aware of that has been that crude in public was Dick Cheney. I have never seen any examples of Obama saying anything like that.

Clint was an embarrassment as he was in the last movie I saw him in. It wasn't a "truism" and I am not entertained by an actor characterising the leader of the free world in that fashion.

That's basically what it was.

I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood. And that's not just of the "Dirty Harry" and "Man with no name" Eastwood. I've seen him in "Paint Your Wagon", "Beguiled" and "Play Misty for Me". I think he's an American Treasure. I still do.

But this was basically what it was.

Rambling dialouge with an empty chair.

He didn't ramble, he made cogent points.

25 million unemployed and failure to turn it around, was his "thesis," and if you missed it then that's on you not on him. It's all in print now, if you needed it transcribed.

There's nothing "cogent' about those points. There's alot of "out of context' bull hookey about those points.

Reagan's first term saw a compliant congress, some favorable economic conditions and STILL unemployment was at 7%. And that's in spite of his administration furiously pumping money into states to hire cops, firemen, teachers and other civil servants. And in spite of his administration furiously pumping money into the defense industry.

Obama had the exact opposite.

Eastwood's "cogent" points had Obama telling Romney to "go fuck himself". He's never had that sort of flash of temper in any venue.

So Eastwood's "cogent" points were as much a ramble to an empty chair as most people "cogently" see them as..

Just because you disagree with his point(s), doesn't make them incoherent rambling. He came across perfectly fine to a non-biased bistander. Get a grip.

Eastwood punked Obama and the democrats, but they along with their supporters are too dumb to even know they were punked.... :thup:

Jim Carrey is great.

Douger, is this you?

leegray.jpg
If I was that good looking it'd save me $500 a month.

You mean you have to pay your right hand to get laid? :confused:

I like Clint but his performance was cringe worthy. The funniest thing about having him on the stage though is the Republicans actually had to get a movie star to defend them. :lmao:

It has some libs (not the rational ones, but the fubars like rderp) so out of whack, in fact, that they try to make the case the "we own this country" is some more of that alleged "racism."

Can't make this shit up.

OK counselor.... I didn't see the whole performance... Clint kinda fell on his face with Torino.. I got through about half of it. That old guy sayin "get off my lawn" was embarrassing coming from him.

Anyway.. the two refferences to "go fuck yourself"???? What the fuck was THAT supposed to represent. The only politician I am aware of that has been that crude in public was Dick Cheney. I have never seen any examples of Obama saying anything like that.

Clint was an embarrassment as he was in the last movie I saw him in. It wasn't a "truism" and I am not entertained by an actor characterising the leader of the free world in that fashion.

Smugz:

Seriously. We are all adults and when Clint made the veiled allusion to "Go fuck yourself" everybody got it. And it was funny because that happens to be the underlying theme of the Obama campaign. They don't run on the Obama Administration record. Obviously, they have enough sense to avoid that mistake. They CAN'T run on his record of fail. So they instead just attack. And it does boil down to the whining cry of the kid who has been whooped in the playground fight: "oh yeah? well, well, well, go fuck yourself!"

The performance actually served nicely to COVER for Clint when he had a temporary moment of forgetfulness as to the next point. He used the prop as a chance to pretend that he was getting interrupted by the President. And then he could convey the whining complaint of the child in a jocular fashion.

And no. The Vice President has himself been known to be pretty fucking crude. So, don't continue to delude yourself. You aren't fooling anybody. History didn't stop at the end of the Bush Administration.

The Moron in Chief took over and has had a nearly ceaseless record of fail from that moment on.

And Clint noted as much.

Eastwood punked Obama and the democrats, but they along with their supporters are too dumb to even know they were punked.... :thup:

The only ones that got "punked" were the RNC. Clint's performance was just crude and insulting. I wonder what he charged the CONZ for that performance?

I found his performance to be humorous, practical and straight forward. I spent a few minutes with a smile on my face and found some new hope for our country while watching and listening to Clint charm that crowd and a big part of our nation.

Forum List

Back