Clint Eastwood was great

I stopped by MSNBC last night, and Maddow was acting as if Eastwood's talk was The Most Bizarre And Unexplainable Thing That Has Ever Happened In The History Of Mankind.

So I watched it this morning.

I have absolutely no doubt that if an actor with a (D) after their name did the same kind of thing at the DNC, she would have proclaimed it brilliant, creative and a big fat grand slam.

Too funny.

No doubt huh?

You have fallen victim to the "if the tables were turned" style of deflection. I have no doubt that you cannot substantiate that claim.

As you usually have the ability to look at events with some objectivity, I wonder what happened in this case? Big Eastwood fan? Sympathy for an act that bombs that badly?

Dirty Harry could not even put a complete sentence together. More than a senior moment. WTF were they thinking letting him speak, he WAS an washed up old senile actor thinking he could still act.
OBAMA: "This seat is taken." So fuck off.

I stopped by MSNBC last night, and Maddow was acting as if Eastwood's talk was The Most Bizarre And Unexplainable Thing That Has Ever Happened In The History Of Mankind.

So I watched it this morning.

I have absolutely no doubt that if an actor with a (D) after their name did the same kind of thing at the DNC, she would have proclaimed it brilliant, creative and a big fat grand slam.

Too funny.

No doubt huh?

You have fallen victim to the "if the tables were turned" style of deflection. I have no doubt that you cannot substantiate that claim.

As you usually have the ability to look at events with some objectivity, I wonder what happened in this case? Big Eastwood fan? Sympathy for an act that bombs that badly?

Wow, I would love to know precisely how I would be able to substantiate an opinion I have on how someone would handle a given situation. Graph? Powerpoint? Database? Secret Handshake? Smoke signals?

Yes, big Eastwood fan.

I have observed Maddow over the years and, based on the way she "reports" the "news", I have essentially identified her as just another partisan ideologue. Her disposition is much more pleasant than a vast majority of partisan blabbers, but she still employs spin, diversion and distortion on a regular basis, and I always wonder what she's leaving out when she's "reporting " on something. I honestly don't know how anyone could avoid thinking the same thing about partisan blabbers, but that's just me.

No, I'm not going to prove it. A couple of hours on You Tube would probably yield myriad examples if you want to take the time. I don't.

And indeed, I try to be objective. And you bet, Hannity would do the same thing, as would the rest.

Partisan ideologues are like that.

She is definitely a partisan ideologue She would admit as much. She is not a reporter and does not claim to be.

But....I believe that she would lampoon a fuck-up like that at the DNC if it were to happen. She's partisan.....but not dishonest.

And I think it’s that time. And I think if you just step aside and Mr. Romney can kind of take over. You can maybe still use a plane.

(APPLAUSE)

Though maybe a smaller one. Not that big gas guzzler you are going around to colleges and talking about student loans and stuff like that.

(APPLAUSE)

You are an -- an ecological man. Why would you want to drive that around?

OK, well anyway. All right, I’m sorry. I can’t do that to myself either.

(APPLAUSE)

I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we -- we own this country.

(APPLAUSE)

We -- we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.

(APPLAUSE)

And -- so -- they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.

When they said "we" own the country, they meant "white people" own the country. The truth is, Republicans have made sure it's really a handful of billionaires who own the country and they are fighting to keep it that way.

RACIST! What a lying sack of shit you are. You know damned well he meant the people own the country...all people.

You are so full of shit yourself. Why all the voter suppression? And stop saying it's not happening. Republicans in both Pennsylvania and Ohio have already let THAT cat out of the bag. Federal judges are stepping in. Only a fucking sheeple moron could still defend something so odious and anti American.

Florida-voter-registration-chart.jpg

As far as I know he has always been a republican. His mind is in the same place it always was.

No, Clint's mind is no longer in the same place. He's now like Grampa Simpson.

He's a great man, one of the most briliant careers in Hollywood ever. And at this point, he doesn't need to prove anything else to anybody. He's pretty confortable to speak his mind and if someone doesn't like him... well not even Jesus pleased everybody.

Let's hope the libturds don't crucify Clint.

Funniest convention ever televised; the lard landfill, Christie, hour after hour of female speakers,* and then Eastwood, presumably on acid.

*Mitt's 'deficit' among women won't change, but the blatant pandering set records. Its a shame this comedy mini series cannot run a few seasons.

She is definitely a partisan ideologue She would admit as much. She is not a reporter and does not claim to be.

But....I believe that she would lampoon a fuck-up like that at the DNC if it were to happen. She's partisan.....but not dishonest.

We'll have to disagree that she's not dishonest. Intellectual dishonesty, in my humble opinion, is standard equipment on partisan ideologues.

Even if you don't like Romney or support his politics, you're supposed to acknowledge that he knows what he's doing. He could have acted like he knew what he was doing. "I liked the speech," he could have said. "I thank Clint for giving it." Instead, we get a panicky and mean-spirited organizational freakout, with anonymous staff trying to deflect responsibility.

Regardless of whether or not you believe corporations are people, the president of the United States is a corporate entity—a staff, acting together on behalf of the orders and principles from the top. And based on this 24 hours, Mitt Romney, Inc., is a bungling, blame-shifting mess.

Clint Eastwood, GOP convention: The Romney campaign sells out its surprise speaker. - Slate Magazine

Dirty Harry could not even put a complete sentence together. More than a senior moment. WTF were they thinking letting him speak, he WAS an washed up old senile actor thinking he could still act.
OBAMA: "This seat is taken." So fuck off.

Wow.

You bastards keep getting after the GOP to not be so hard on seniors.

You are one yourself from what I recall.

The GOP includes one and in your rush to hyperpartisan lemminghood, you attack it.

The democratic party....the party of seniors....they agree with.

It appears that Clint went from director to duhrector. I see baby food and diapers in his near future.

Maybe you can share some of yours.

I am not sure he will need as many wipes though. Nobody is as full of s**t as you are.

poor repubs :( Their vanilla hate-in didn't go quite the way they wished.

Another classic head-up-the-ass post. Look around moron.

Or were all those women speakers at the RNC really just drag queens ?

If reality were food, you'd starve to death chewing on your hand.

obama answers Eastwood's criticism with a picture of the back of his presidebtial head. Like he honored Neil Armstrong with a picture of himself looking at the moon.

obama has had it. He's just had it. Eastwood just pointed that out, quite cleverly at that.

Forum List

Back