Climate Change!

These people will not read links other than those to sights that specialize in three second sound bites. Dr. James Hansen made some very astute predictions in 1981 concerning what the climate would be doing right now. No one wanted to listen then, and most of the wingnuts here are not going to listen now.

However, as more and more people observe the 'Weirding" of the climate, as Friedman put it, more are going to become concerned about how it affects them. And as more and more people are affected by extreme weather events, they are going to start asking questions of the scientists and the politicians. One of those questions is sure to be, "Why didn't you listen to the scientists?". The honest answer would be, "Because the energy corperations money spoke louder". What they will say is the scientists did not make the danger clear enough.

Science

cern.jpg

300px-HST-SM4.jpeg

Not Science

MannTree-highres.jpg

prinn-roulette-4.jpg

These people will not read links other than those to sights that specialize in three second sound bites. Dr. James Hansen made some very astute predictions in 1981 concerning what the climate would be doing right now. No one wanted to listen then, and most of the wingnuts here are not going to listen now.

I read your links rocks. I read them and the links they link to. Then I come back and ask you which part of those links actually contained the proof you claim exists in them. To date, you have not answsered a single one of those posts.

It would seem that you don't read your own links or perhaps don't understand them and just believe that some sort of proof resides in them because you want it to be so.

A British newspaper claims to have discovered the convoluted way oil billionaires in the United States can funnel huge amounts of cash toward climate change-denial campaigns, while reaping tremendous tax advantages in the process.

A shadowy group called the Donors Trust is largely funded by billionaire Charles Koch and his wife Liz, according to an investigation by The Independent. The trust indirectly receives millions of dollars in funding from a third-party group called the Knowledge and Progress Fund, which the Koch family operates, the paper claims.

Link:

'Charities' Funnel Millions to Climate-Change Denial - Yahoo! News

It's really sad that the deniers above are so easily fooled by the propaganda put forth by the Plutocrats.

There's nothing to "deny" We agree the climate changes on planet Earth.

Next.

Exactly.

I don't deny that the earth is slightly warmer. I don't even doubt that we have something to do with that warming. I just don't fall for the hype of catastrophe and biblical disaster.

Next.

Exactly.

I don't deny that the earth is slightly warmer. I don't even doubt that we have something to do with that warming. I just don't fall for the hype of catastrophe and biblical disaster.

Interesting. The oncoming freight train is a mile down the track, doing 60 mph, we are stuck on the track, but nothing to worry about, nothing is happening right now. \

Not even a good analogy, because there is a good deal that is happening right now, however, it pales beside what is coming down the pike.

At "slightly warmer" we are going to lose that Arctic Ice for part of the summer by 2020, barring a major volcanic eruption. The permafrost is melting, and outgassing CH4 and CO2. According to Swiss Re and Munich Re, we are seeing a doubling or tripling of extreme weather events. And this is essentially from the effects of the levels of GHGs in the atmosphere 30 to 50 years ago. There is an inertia, a lag, in the effects of the levels of GHGs.

Next.

Exactly.

Interesting. The oncoming freight train is a mile down the track, doing 60 mph, we are stuck on the track, but nothing to worry about, nothing is happening right now. \

Not even a good analogy, because there is a good deal that is happening right now, however, it pales beside what is coming down the pike.

See this is the catastrophic hype I am talking about.

Exactly.

I thought the impending caastropic event would be when Obama came to take your guns and created a communist dystopia.

Who gives a shit. It's so much more important the national debt be eliminated in one year and that the Second Amendment be defended; the air, water and Earth can take care of themselves.

Last edited:

Who gives a shit. It's so much more important the national debt be solved in one year and that the Second Amendment be defended; the air, water and Earth can take care of themselves.

Where have you ever seen me not support conservation?

I happen to be a card carrying member of the Sierra Club. I belong to the Appalachian Mountain Club and donate to various other organizations like Vital Ground and Defenders of Wildlife.

Just because I don't run around like a fucking idiot screaming "We're all gonna diiiiieeee" like you fucking morons doesn't mean I don't do more for conservation than any of you fuckers.

Go back to the fucking flock, ovine.

Too very stupid responses from two very ignorant posters. Sad, the Ostrich Syndrome sometimes, the Henny Penny Dance ('the sky is falling') at other times.

I repeat the link, not to spam but because the stupid people didn't read it and it is vitally important for our posterity.

Major climate changes looming - SFGate

Dude, you're a fucktard. Accept it.

Obama spewing leftist dogma isn't "proof" of anything - just another leftist retard repeating the mantra you morons all spew.

It's a rare combination of stupidity and arrogance that makes some believe they can control the climate on planet Earth

Can we terraform Mars by shipping them all the CO2 that the AGWCult wants to stop us producing here?

Last edited:
At "slightly warmer" we are going to lose that Arctic Ice for part of the summer by 2020, barring a major volcanic eruption. The permafrost is melting, and outgassing CH4 and CO2. According to Swiss Re and Munich Re, we are seeing a doubling or tripling of extreme weather events. And this is essentially from the effects of the levels of GHGs in the atmosphere 30 to 50 years ago. There is an inertia, a lag, in the effects of the levels of GHGs.

^ AGWCult belief not supported by science

Forum List

Back