Climate Change: If Only Every Liberal Would Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is

One day, we'll discover that posting dire AGW warnings highlighting Mann Tree Rings and all the other phony science was actually mankinds leading contributor of AGW

What university did you get your science degree inFrank and what was your major?

Are only people with degrees in science are allowed to discuss science? What point are you feebly trying to make?

"phony science" Frank
Around these parts Frank, if you make a claim like that you have to have some professional experience in the area you are calling bogus to be credible.
As far as credibility goes, you have answered that part of the equation.

So the US military and DOD are "scaring people for political reasons"?
That is an insult to them.
Talk about nonsense.

what exactly are the military and the DOD doing?

You folks kill me. OUt ofone side of your mouth you claim global warming is not universally happening. Out of the other you claim, "well,if it is happening,it is natural."
Which is it?
The military KNOWS it is happening and predicts wars fought over water.
Go check it out. I receive military journals monthly.
The earth is warming and the political implications are enormous.
The military is preparing for it. Thank God you folks are not part of it. You would sit on your ass and do nothing to prepare for it.
While other nations would be preparing for it militarily because they know it is true you would do nothing all the while stating "Al Gore is an idiot" as we lose valuable future assets which will be WATER.
Now do I also have to explain to you why the United States military views water as a valuable asset and why it is becoming a more valuable asset all the time?

i'm glad our military is sending you journals with all of our future war plans.

i'm a skeptic of man caused global warming. i'm skeptical the earth is warming. i'm also skeptical that man has the ability to cause the earth to warm.
i ran across my ex-girlfriend last week. she looked a little different. i told her, your tits look bigger. you got implants didn't you? she replied, my tits are the same size, and i certainly did not get implants. later that night, she went home and measured, and guess what? her tits were bigger in fact slightly larger? does that mean then she had implants?

What university did you get your science degree inFrank and what was your major?

Are only people with degrees in science are allowed to discuss science? What point are you feebly trying to make?

"phony science" Frank
Around these parts Frank, if you make a claim like that you have to have some professional experience in the area you are calling bogus to be credible.

No, I don't need "Professional experience" I need to have common sense and a ability to understand what I'm reading. If you're intimidated, that's your problem, not mine

I started a few years ago by reading the Scarfetta and West paper assigning Global Warming between mankind, the Sun and Nature and was surpirsed to discover that they based their allocation on "Because we say so "method"

They couldn't convince everyone that we were warming the earth so now they call it "climate change" and can blame hurricanes, rainy seasons, dry seasons, tornadoes, snowstorms, etc... on man. If changing the name of it is not a telling sign that this is a joke I don't know what is.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

File:Instrumental Temperature Record (NASA).svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if the years were changed to 950 ad - 1100 ad, might that graph look similar?

The right is concerned that we will might adopt policies that will ultimately reduce and eventually eliminate the use of fossil fuels. I have good news for you guys. Any plan to reduce the use of fossil fuels will take many decades to have any measurable effect. Americans have no stomach for any endeavor that does not delivery positive results within a decade.

When the Kennedy administration was questioned about why 10 years was selected as the time to put a man on the moon, the response was that any time period longer than 10 years would lose pubic support. One of the reasons that the Truman white house gave for dropping the bomb on Japan was that Americans would not stand for 5 more years of war. The support for the Viet Nam war dried up after about 5 years. The war was over in 10 years. The war in Afghanistan is now approaching 10 years. Americans now believe we should get out of Afghanistan and they aren't really concern about what happens after we leave.

So get use to hotter summers and more violent climate change. It is very unlikely that there will be any significant reduction in the use fossil fuels and the gradual warming of the planet will continue.

The right is concerned that we will might adopt policies that will ultimately reduce and eventually eliminate the use of fossil fuels. I have good news for you guys. Any plan to reduce the use of fossil fuels will take many decades to have any measurable effect. Americans have no stomach for any endeavor that does not delivery positive results within a decade.

When the Kennedy administration was questioned about why 10 years was selected as the time to put a man on the moon, the response was that any time period longer than 10 years would lose pubic support. One of the reasons that the Truman white house gave for dropping the bomb on Japan was that Americans would not stand for 5 more years of war. The support for the Viet Nam war dried up after about 5 years. The war was over in 10 years. The war in Afghanistan is now approaching 10 years. Americans now believe we should get out of Afghanistan and they aren't really concern about what happens after we leave.

So get use to hotter summers and more violent climate change. It is very unlikely that there will be any significant reduction in the use fossil fuels and the gradual warming of the planet will continue.

if the US stopped all use of fossil fuels tomorrow, what impact would that have on the global temperature in 2045?

Climate change is universally accepted. The US military and DOD have changed their entire plans for over a decade because they EXPERIENCE IT DAILY.
Now watch the right wing kooks claim that the US military are left wing liberals.
Ummm...The military and DoD have made changes to save energy because energy is expensive, not because they believe the global waming cult.
The earth is warming. I accept arguments that it is not all man made and respect those arguments but my experienceas a 56 year old conservative hunter and fisherman is that there is no doubt in my mind it is over 50% man made. I have seen it.
What have you seen that lets you state with certainty not only that the earth is warming, but allows you to quantify so precisely man's contribution?

You folks kill me. OUt ofone side of your mouth you claim global warming is not universally happening. Out of the other you claim, "well,if it is happening,it is natural."
Which is it?
The military is preparing for it. Thank God you folks are not part of it. You would sit on your ass and do nothing to prepare for it.
While other nations would be preparing for it militarily because they know it is true you would do nothing all the while stating "Al Gore is an idiot" as we lose valuable future assets which will be WATER.
Now do I also have to explain to you why the United States military views water as a valuable asset and why it is becoming a more valuable asset all the time?

i'm a skeptic of man caused global warming. i'm skeptical the earth is warming. i'm also skeptical that man has the ability to cause the earth to warm.
i ran across my ex-girlfriend last week. she looked a little different. i told her, your tits look bigger. you got implants didn't you? she replied, my tits are the same size, and i certainly did not get implants. later that night, she went home and measured, and guess what? her tits were bigger in fact slightly larger? does that mean then she had implants?

Tits that have been played with a lot get bigger.

Climate change is universally accepted. The US military and DOD have changed their entire plans for over a decade because they EXPERIENCE IT DAILY.
Now watch the right wing kooks claim that the US military are left wing liberals.
Ummm...The military and DoD have made changes to save energy because energy is expensive, not because they believe the global waming cult.
The earth is warming. I accept arguments that it is not all man made and respect those arguments but my experienceas a 56 year old conservative hunter and fisherman is that there is no doubt in my mind it is over 50% man made. I have seen it.
What have you seen that lets you state with certainty not only that the earth is warming, but allows you to quantify so precisely man's contribution?

Read my earlier posts.
The earth is warming. Water is already scarce and the military knows it and are preparing for that battle over that soon to be scarce resource.
If you do not know that wars are fought over the controlover scarce resources then you need a history lesson.
Ask the Israelis also. They will tell you the earth is definitely warming.
I work in the intelligence business for 30 years. Argue all you want about man's contributions but the fact is the earth is warming and the water is warming and it is happening faster than it ever has before.
And I am a conservative. Open your eyes and ears. Do not let Rush Limbaugh and Sean cloud your judgement. They are entertainers and do not report facts.

So the US military and DOD are "scaring people for political reasons"?
That is an insult to them.
Talk about nonsense.

Which is it?
Ummm...the military also has plans to invade Cuba, plans to thwart an armored Soviet attack through the Fulda Gap, plans to vaporize China with nuclear weapons, and plans to amphibiously assault North Korea.

Should we be worried about those as well? After all, the military has PLANS!!

"phony science" Frank
I've been in the military 19 1/2 years. How long have you worn the uniform?

Read my earlier posts.
The earth is warming. Water is already scarce and the military knows it and are preparing for that battle over that soon to be scarce resource.
If you do not know that wars are fought over the controlover scarce resources then you need a history lesson.
I work in the intelligence business for 30 years. Argue all you want about man's contributions but the fact is the earth is warming and the water is warming and it is happening faster than it ever has before.
And I am a conservative. Open your eyes and ears. Do not let Rush Limbaugh and Sean cloud your judgement. They are entertainers and do not report facts.
I am a conservative, too. I listen to neither Rush nor Sean nor any teevee or radio talking head.

Funny how when people tell you to "open your eyes and ears" they really mean "accept everything I say instantly and unquestioningly".

Read my earlier posts.

the whole point is many people want to shut down the argument on man's contribution. they say the science is settled and to deny it is askin to denying the holocaust. the scarcity of water and the jews devious plans to control it has nothing to do with how we should shape our energy policy.

Dave, I am old enough to remember when the right wing claimed all of the studies that "CLAIMED" smoking was bad for you was a communist plot.
And the US economy would be destroyed if we allowed those "politically motivated" studies to be released.
Why is the water warming Dave? Why?
Dave, if you do not know water is warming world wide you have your head in the sand. That is a fact undisputed by the global warming deniers.
Why is water warming and getting in short supply?

if the US stopped all use of fossil fuels tomorrow, what impact would that have on the global temperature in 2045?
The best estimate I have found is that if we could stop all use of fossil fuels today, the earth would continue to warm for about 20 years. Then it wold begin a gradually cool down that would last about 200 years brining the temperature to about where it is today.

What if we stopped burning fossil fuels today? | Earth | EarthSky

The best estimate I have found is that if we could stop all use of fossil fuels today, the earth would continue to warm for about 20 years. Then it wold begin a gradually cool down that would last about 200 years brining the temperature to about where it is today.

What if we stopped burning fossil fuels today? | Earth | EarthSky

is that if just the US stopped, or everyone? if just the US, what levels of fossil fuel use are they using for the rest of the world in hteir computer models?

Dave, I am old enough to remember when the right wing claimed all of the studies that "CLAIMED" smoking was bad for you was a communist plot.
And the US economy would be destroyed if we allowed those "politically motivated" studies to be released.
Why is the water warming Dave? Why?
Dave, if you do not know water is warming world wide you have your head in the sand. That is a fact undisputed by the global warming deniers.
Why is water warming and getting in short supply?
Ask yourself a question:

Why does every "solution" to this alleged problem involve massive wealth redistribution?

The goal is not protection of the environment or mitigation of climate change. The goal is government control over individual lives.

You can give up your freedom for unproven theory all you like. Don't for a second think you have the right or the authority to give up mine, too.

Which is it?

Tits that have been played with a lot get bigger.
Debating global warming and man's contribution a is a bit silly. Temperatures have been rising steadily since 1880 when we started recording them. There is loads of scientific evidence that global warming was underway in the 17th century and accelerating as civilization grew.

There is a ton of research that has been done in just about every branch of science. Just about every creditable scientific society in the world supports the premise that the earth is warming and the use of fossil fuel is a major cause.

Forum List

Back