Climate Change Gets Real For Americans

cimino4.jpg

The missing heat is melting ice, so figure it out. What happens when there is no ice to melt? Comets are made of ice!!

It's called stalling the jet stream. The jet stream is meandering further south causing persistent weather over a particular area. It should bring new weather systems from the west and it isn't.

And this is an entirely new thing on planet earth?

Don't you know the Atlantic Ocean cooled once Panama connected North and South America?

The missing heat is melting ice, so figure it out. What happens when there is no ice to melt?

Do you know how much heat it takes to melt ice at 32 degrees F to 32 degrees F water?

Since you are so damned smart, what temperature will that 32 degree F water become if the same amount of heat is added after it melts?

:lol::lol::lol: Sure it is dumbdumb. Care to delineate the variables a little better there, currently your question is un-answerable based on your parameters. I thought you were a SUPER DUPER GENIUS? I would expect a SUPER DUPER GENIUS to know how to frame a proper scientific question.

The Atlantic Ocean cooled and the modern Gulf Stream started. The world changed and so did climate sensitivity. Now, because we send so much warmth and moisture to the north, we have Ice Ages, because of Milankovich Cycles.

What makes you think we want a cold world? We just want care taken in changing things when they are happening too rapidly. There are three major ice sheets on this planet and four if you count Patagonia, which is minor and melted in two. Wiping out all the coastal cities on Earth isn't a smart thing to do.

Now, if you want to pretend it can't happen, go ahead! I would bet in three years we are going to see major changes that will get the world's attention. Things like melting the arctic sea ice obviously didn't. When your ass is on the line, you'll care.

Wow, you really have no idea what you just posted do you......

cimino4.jpg

The missing heat is melting ice, so figure it out. What happens when there is no ice to melt? Comets are made of ice!!

It's called stalling the jet stream. The jet stream is meandering further south causing persistent weather over a particular area. It should bring new weather systems from the west and it isn't.

The patterns have changed, but you'll deny it just so a stinking oil company can put another buck in it's pocket.

When you get done your destruction, how many times more will it cost? I had a youngest brother like you who wanted to build a fort. He goes over to this land rented by Ichthyological Associates and cuts things down. The Biologists who worked there put up a sign saying: "Can't you spread your destruction around. Don't keep it all gathered in one place!"

There has to be other planets in the universe you can destroy.

The patterns have changed, but you'll deny it just so a stinking oil company can put another buck in it's pocket.

There is that cognitive disconnect again....I asked you if this was a new thing on earth. Is that such a tough question?

There is that cognitive disconnect again....I asked you if this was a new thing on earth. Is that such a tough question?

The disconnect is you thinking that a past Earth is the same as today. It's the same Earth, but a different planet, because our present Earth is based on how it is now. When you go back millions of years, the world was different place. There were major events in the past that changed it.

The Earth is mostly a water planet and when events change that circulation, it drastically changes the climate. Another factor is time. Millions of years aren't the same as short periods of time. Look at all the mass extinctions that happened! They had to happen for a reason.

Looking into the past is certainly helpful, if someone wants to figure out how planets behave, or what was, but doing so with deceit isn't helpful at all.

I'm a very open-minded person, but when I say the sky is blue and they tell me it's red, I ask what planet are you on?

You can't melt ice without heat.

Tell me, what happened in 2012 that falls into the purview of the unprecedented. Not temperatures, they have certainly been hotter. Not drought as there have been at least 6 years since the 1930's that have had worse droughts and five of those were prior to 1960. Not extreme weather in the form of tropical cyclones as the US is experiencing fewer than ever. Not tornadoes as they are at a near all time low. Not wildfire as fewer acres burned in 2012 than have burned in many years.

So what happened this year that made climate change real beyond some imaginitave and quite dishonest reporting by the main stream media?

As to the science being settled and the discussion over, only an idiot and propagandist would make such a claim.

I wish it was hotter. Im freezing my ass off here.

cimino4.jpg

Yep.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

cimino4.jpg

Yep.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

cimino4.jpg

Weather and Climate Summit - Day 6, Comets are made of Ice!

Last edited:
The Earth is mostly a water planet and when events change that circulation, it drastically changes the climate. Another factor is time. Millions of years aren't the same as short periods of time. Look at all the mass extinctions that happened! They had to happen for a reason.

Are you a liar, or just ignorant. I have shown you that the ocean currents were not different during the Pliestocene epoch when it was at least 11 degrees warmer in the arctic.

Here....modern world. Look at the ocean currents.

000.jpg

Here.....last glacial maximum 18,000 years ago. Look at the ocean currents.

LGM.jpg

Here.....Miocene, 14 million years ago. Look at the ocean currents.

014.jpg

Here....Eocene. 50 million years ago...Finally a substantial change in the ocean currents.

050.jpg

You have this idea that if you go back a few thousand years, everything was different. Not so. Even during the Eocene, 50 million years ago, there was no major ocean current running between north and south america. That was a shallow sea and no such current is possible in shallow water. You might note the differences in changing ice cover absent your claimed changes in ocean circulation.

As ususal, you are klinging to a delusion...a fiction...a fabrication....a lie.

I'm a very open-minded person, but when I say the sky is blue and they tell me it's red, I ask what planet are you on?

No you aren't. You are a religious zealot clinging to a myth based not on any sort of actual scientific proof, but your political preferences. Prove me wrong by bringing some hard evidence that proves CO2 is driving the climate.

You can't melt ice without heat.

But you can move ice to a warmer location to melt it. Your own scientists say that most of the recent ice loss has been due to storms breaking up the ice and moving it to warmer water.

Get a grip and at least try to be honest. You claim to be an old man. Want to die with so many deliberate lies on your head?

:lol::lol::lol: Sure it is dumbdumb. Care to delineate the variables a little better there, currently your question is un-answerable based on your parameters. I thought you were a SUPER DUPER GENIUS? I would expect a SUPER DUPER GENIUS to know how to frame a proper scientific question.

Maybe he just feels like a super dooper genius because he stayed at a holiday inn express.
He's a liberal. Liberals are automatically experts in every single topic.

Just ask 'em.

When you get done your destruction, how many times more will it cost? I had a youngest brother like you who wanted to build a fort. He goes over to this land rented by Ichthyological Associates and cuts things down. The Biologists who worked there put up a sign saying: "Can't you spread your destruction around. Don't keep it all gathered in one place!"

There has to be other planets in the universe you can destroy.
We'd like to spread out to other planets, but anti-science Democrats don't want to spend the money. They'd rather spend it on cronyism and vote-buying schemes.

6 degrees here. where THE FUCK is my global warming?

Being that the "here" for global warming is the entire "globe," your warming is everywhere. You seem to be having a comprehension problem understanding the difference between local/seasonal variations and globally averaged temperature anomalies over time.

Being that the "here" for global warming is the entire "globe," your warming is everywhere. You seem to be having a comprehension problem understanding the difference between local/seasonal variations and globally averaged temperature anomalies over time.

A theory s0n. The "over time" statement is a hail mary pass guess based upon computer models.

Anyway.......the sceptic contingent in here really doesnt care about the warming. Perhaps it is happening for real.........could very well be. The "man made" stuff is a pile of shit though.........which is why we sceptics are always in her blowing the shit out of the warmist theories.:2up:

Then I trust you can link to posts of yours criticizing Chris for his endless "record high temperatures prove global warming" posts.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/160278-more-record-temps.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/184329-2011-the-second-hottest-summer-on-record.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/128720-2010-the-hottest-year-on-record.html

Then I trust you can link to posts of yours criticizing Chris for his endless "record high temperatures prove global warming" posts.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/184329-2011-the-second-hottest-summer-on-record.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/128720-2010-the-hottest-year-on-record.html

I have not seen any posts by Chris that state or strongly suggest the narrative you assert. Please provide compelling supportive evidences/links for your assertions. Record high temperatures, in and of themselves are not a "proof" of global warming. That said, in conjunction with other evidences, record high temperatures may provide a measure of supporting evidence for anthropogenic climate change.

I have not seen any posts by Chris that state or strongly suggest the narrative you assert. Please provide compelling supportive evidences/links for your assertions. Record high temperatures, in and of themselves are not a "proof" of global warming. That said, in conjunction with other evidences, record high temperatures may provide a measure of supporting evidence for anthropogenic climate change.

or not

Forum List

Back