Classy President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it on Fox News. Oddly enough, it's the only time I have ever heard Obama give a speech in which he did not lie. Too bad it took such a tragic event to hear him speak honestly.

Romney did the same and MSNBC kind of made light of his effort. Then took the opportunity to jump on the gun control script.

I do commend the president though for his display of leadership during this tragedy.

Leadership!

The insufferable fool could not help himself from making it all about him. obama's speeches are like what happens when ice cream hits a sensitive tooth, a sudden shooting pain. I, me, mine, there is a whole world that does not involve obama!

Obama Prays For CO Victims: "What If Malia And Sasha Had Been At The Theater?" | RealClearPolitics

"Ultimately it's how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another," President Obama said about the shooting in a Colorado movie theater. "It's what we do on a daily basis to give our lives meaning and to give our lives purpose. That's what matters. At the end of the day, what we'll remember will be those we loved and what we did for others. That's why we're here. I'm sure that many of you who are parents here have the same reaction that I did when I heard this news. My daughters go to the movies. What if Malia and Sasha had been at the theater, as so many of our kids do every day? Michelle and I will be fortunate enough to hug our girls a little tighter tonight and I'm sure you will do the same with your children."

"I think is a day for prayer and reflection," Obama said in conclusion. "I'd like us to pause in a moment of silence of the victims of this terrible tragedy."

The only class was shown by Mitt Romney who managed to give a statement without making it about him, not even one time.

Leadership!

The insufferable fool could not help himself from making it all about him. obama's speeches are like what happens when ice cream hits a sensitive tooth, a sudden shooting pain. I, me, mine, there is a whole world that does not involve obama!

Obama Prays For CO Victims: "What If Malia And Sasha Had Been At The Theater?" | RealClearPolitics

"Ultimately it's how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another," President Obama said about the shooting in a Colorado movie theater. "It's what we do on a daily basis to give our lives meaning and to give our lives purpose. That's what matters. At the end of the day, what we'll remember will be those we loved and what we did for others. That's why we're here. I'm sure that many of you who are parents here have the same reaction that I did when I heard this news. My daughters go to the movies. What if Malia and Sasha had been at the theater, as so many of our kids do every day? Michelle and I will be fortunate enough to hug our girls a little tighter tonight and I'm sure you will do the same with your children."

"I think is a day for prayer and reflection," Obama said in conclusion. "I'd like us to pause in a moment of silence of the victims of this terrible tragedy."

The only class was shown by Mitt Romney who managed to give a statement without making it about him, not even one time.

Yay.
More partisan bullshit.

It's called Empathy, K

Romney didn't say, I'm a father, I'm an American, or any other sentences that included the word I???

:cuckoo:

Campaign stump stop in Ft Meyers, FL turned into ,moment of silence and he calls for a day of prayer and reflection.

very well done
:clap2:

:salute:

Is this really a big deal to you? Are you so desperate to prop up "your" President that you feel the need to provide evidence that Obama is human/humane?

Romney also had some very solemn and heartfelt words to say about the shooting, too.

If you are NOT a partisan hack, then why didn't you also mention what Romney had to say about the shooting?

Campaign stump stop in Ft Meyers, FL turned into ,moment of silence and he calls for a day of prayer and reflection.

very well done
:clap2:

:salute:

Is this really a big deal to you? Are you so desperate to prop up "your" President that you feel the need to provide evidence that Obama is human/humane?

Romney also had some very solemn and heartfelt words to say about the shooting, too.

If you are NOT a partisan hack, then why didn't you also mention what Romney had to say about the shooting?

Because, if you look at the time of the OP, Romney hadn't spoken to his crowd yet.

AND if you use that little "Search" feature at the top of the page, you'd see I also clapped and saluted in Sallow's thread giving Romney credit.

Still to difficult to grasp?

I'm a Republican and Sallow's a Democrat.

get it now?

Good.

I have no problem bumping this

Obama ends Florida campaign trip early

In the aftermath of the Colorado shooting tragedy, President Obama has canceled today's scheduled campaign activities in Florida.

Neither do I..

That the President took time to recognize what an awful and horrible event this was..and to try and comfort the people effected showed a great deal of humanity.

And I guess we all know no other President would have done that.

Leadership!

Yay.
More partisan bullshit.

It's called Empathy, K

Romney didn't say, I'm a father, I'm an American, or any other sentences that included the word I???

:cuckoo:

Glad you brought that up.

Good morning and thank you for joining us, the senator and me, on this very sad day. And thank you to Father Christian for beginning this gathering with a — with a word of prayer.

Our — our hearts break with the sadness of this unspeakable tragedy.

Ann and I join the president and first lady and all Americans in offering our deepest condolences for those whose lives were shattered in a few moments, a few moments of evil in Colorado.

▼

Related
■Colorado shooting casts pall over presidential campaign
■Text of President Obama’s statement on shootings

I stand before you today not as a man running for office, but as a father and grandfather, a husband, an American. This is a time for each of us to look into our hearts and remember how much we love one another and how much we love and how much we care for our great country. There’s so much love and goodness in the heart of America.

In the coming days, we’ll surely learn more about the lives that have been lost and the families that have been harmed by this hateful act. We’ll come to know more about the talents and the gifts that each victim possessed. And we’ll come to understand the hope and the opportunity that’s been lost.

Our hearts break for the victims and their families. We pray that the wounded will recover and that those who are grieving will know the nearness of God.

Today we feel not only a sense of grief, but perhaps also of helplessness.

But there is something we can do. We can offer comfort to someone near us who is suffering or heavy laden, and we can mourn with those who mourn in Colorado.

This morning, Colorado lost youthful voices which would have brightened their homes, enriched their schools and brought joy to their families. Our prayer is that the Comforter might bring the peace to their souls that surpasses our understanding.

The Apostle Paul explained, ‘‘Blessed be God who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble.’’

What we do know is how evil is overcome and we’re seeing that greater power today in the goodness and compassion of a wounded community. Grieving and worried families in Aurora are surrounded with love today, and not just by those who are with them and holding them in their arms. They can also know that they are being lifted up in prayer by people in every part of our great nation.

Now, and in the hard days to come, may every one of them feel the sympathy of our whole nation and the comfort of a living god. There will be justice for those responsible, but that’s another matter for another day. Today is a moment to grieve and to remember, to reach out and to help, to appreciate our blessings in life.

Each one of us will hold our kids a little closer, linger a bit longer with a colleague or a neighbor, reach out to a family member or friend. We’ll all spend a little less time thinking about the worries of our day and more time wondering about how to help those who are in need of compassion most.

The answer — answer is that we can come together. We will show our fellow citizens the good heart of the America we know and love.

God bless you for being here and sharing together this moment of sorrow. And God bless the United States of America.

Thank you.

Do you see the difference now?

Romney's statement was sincere with no emphasis on himself. It was really beautiful and heartfelt. obama's on the other hand considers the shootings a personal affront against his campaign.

I'm not saying that Obama isn't a narcissistic ego-maniac.

Just that he did good in not using today for political gains.

Sorta figured this thread could follow suite........

shooda known better

Last edited:
Very classy act, very classy speech.

Our President gave a warm speech and helped with the healing process.

Leadership!

Just once, can't you stop this crap?

There is only one way for any of us to relate to this horror and that is from our own point of view.

Why do you conveniently ignore all the references he made to the families and others?

Because you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear and if the TRUTH does not fit your narrow little agenda of hate, why, you just LIE about it.

Just for a little while, can't you be just be a real human being?

I'm not saying that Obama isn't a narcissistic ego-maniac.

Just that he did good in not using today for political gains.

Sorta figured this thread could follow suite........

shooda known better

Well then, WHY pile on?

WTF is wrong with the nutty rabid rw's??

Can't you stop this, just for one friggin day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back