CDZ Civilized Humans ???

Sometimes I think we'd be better off living like animals, true to our instinctive nature.

This attempt at being civilized is failing miserably and even worse, may be the death of us

To some extent we already are or perhaps still do live like animals. Scratch the surface of most people and you get the lurking savage underneath. Do not forget that the vast majority of humanity is living day to day and in many places struggling just to exist. From time immemorial we have been trying to accumulate wealth and power at the expense of others, have we not? Mostly all we've done is find new ways and weapons to do it on a grander scale. Which is not to say as a species we have not devoted time and effort to find cures for diseases and study the sciences to improve the lot in life for a lot of people. It ain't all bad, but there's no doubt we haven't worked harder than we should have on the social aspects of science rather than the technological aspects that increase the standard of living but also create great wealth.

It ain't like we can't do it, we got the smarts to stop wasting time, money, and blood on stupid wars and petty squabbling. But obviously it's going to take some time. A lot of time would be my guess, it could be that we're in a race to adjust our priorities before a major catastrophe that maybe could have been prevented wipes us out. Or most of us. But - we ain't ready yet to grow up enough. JMO.

I think there will always be factions and fighting. I have no need to compete so I don't get it, but seems it's the norm

I think there will always be factions and fighting. I have no need to compete so I don't get it, but seems it's the norm
Our economic system is built on individualism and competition. Of course it is the norm.

Sometimes I think we'd be better off living like animals, true to our instinctive nature.

This attempt at being civilized is failing miserably and even worse, may be the death of us
Procreation would often fit our civilized definition of rape.

Examples of miserable failings, please.

I am speaking only of our situation in the US. News is just a bunch of juvenile nonsense. Most TV and movies are junk. We eat nothing but crap. We can't get decent individuals to be President because the entire system is corrupt. We can't even start our own businesses because of all the red tape, and, all the big money companies are gobbling up the smaller ones etc etc

Humans are animals. In fact humans are the most violent, dangerous animals that ever walked this rock.

Our gossamer veil of civilization cannot obscure this fact.

I am speaking only of our situation in the US. News is just a bunch of juvenile nonsense. Most TV and movies are junk. We eat nothing but crap. We can't get decent individuals to be President because the entire system is corrupt. We can't even start our own businesses because of all the red tape, and, all the big money companies are gobbling up the smaller ones etc etc
Its a bit extreme to want to live as animals because of perceived imperfections in our civilization.

I understand the frustration - some of the things you list can be modified in lives if we choose ..diet, entertainment, etal. Over regulation, or targeted regulation can be a small business killer, true. Corruption in the political system is in direct proportion to our willingness to be distracted - turning on one another - toeing a party line, lack of intellectual curiosity, etc....showing little grace toward or understanding of issues that sincerely worry others. 'Course I have to say - looking at the bigger picture - most of these are problems unique to a successful society.

There is a political/economic movement though that is toiling diligently to enable humans to live as animals, insects actually - bees or ants - they'd describe that world as as brave, and new. :)

Its a bit extreme to want to live as animals because of perceived imperfections in our civilization.
Perceived imperfections?

The imperfections of our so called civilization are the people who comprise it.

Most of the benefits of civilization are invisible to most, maintained by people we've never seen or even know exist, by services and infrastructure that ' was already here n stuff' long before we're born, countless small inventions and large ones, and generally incomprehensible, especially to spoiled Burb Brats who are all mad n stuff at any restraints on mindless self-indulgence, and have this bizarre idea that they're more 'intelligent n stuff' than all previous generations when the truth is a lot less kind to that notion than their Mommies are. Faux 'Rationalism' faddists in particular have this conceit.

Last edited:

Until you smell yourself after a week of no bathing or clean clothes...

I do too honestly
Then again, look how long it took us just to get here. It will take us a while to get to there
I guess the Bible may be true...knowledge may be our downfall
Where in the Bible does it state that ignorance is bliss?

Move to Afghanistan or what's left of Isis territory to live your dream of living without civilization where a gun decides who controls people's lives.

I do too honestly
Then again, look how long it took us just to get here. It will take us a while to get to there
It doesn't, in fact it says let us reason together. Again, there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom

Move to Afghanistan or what's left of Isis territory to live your dream of living without civilization where a gun decides who controls people's lives.

They can just move to Chicago or Detroit for that. Democrats work for that sort of environment day and night.

I do too honestly
It doesn't, in fact it says let us reason together. Again, there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom
Only when written in third person..

They can just move to Chicago or Detroit for that. Democrats work for that sort of environment day and night.

People in America that denigrate their own country. You are what you are.

Democrats don't count as 'our country'. Have any other strawmen you want to throw out for us?

Forum List

Back