Civil Servants under attack by the Right Wing.

And a GM employee would have found a job with Ford or maybe Toyota....or whomever.

The bailouts were nothing than politicians paying back supporters....with our money.

You missed the irony..oh well.:lol:

No I didnt.

I took the irony and I made a point.

I am pretty good at multi tasking.

Um..okay..but having Lehman bought out by England's Barclay may have been a desirable result in your book..but in my book it was losing an over hundred year old American financial institution to a foreign entity.

And although there probably was a component of "payback" involved..more of it had to do with saving the US economy from a catastrophic collapse.

I'm a teacher, my brother was a cop. He managed to get to deputy chief for his last 8 years, before he retired at 52. His pension? $88,500 a year. Granted it didn't look like it was going to be that when he started at $22k per year, back in late 70's. He didn't take the job for the money, any more than I chose my career path. However, he would be the first to say that those joining police, fire, etc. today should not count on those benefits, it must change. It's not just the 'first responders' and teachers, but secretaries, clerks, etc. that are getting 2/3 salaries and such. He will not be paying for his medical coverage either, it's part of his package.

So what does a 52 year old do?
He double-dips...That's what.

But, somehow or another, cutting back on spending for the bureaucratic Bournemouth is something that's supposed to gain sympathy?

No I didnt.

Um..okay..but having Lehman bought out by England's Barclay may have been a desirable result in your book..but in my book it was losing an over hundred year old American financial institution to a foreign entity.

And although there probably was a component of "payback" involved..more of it had to do with saving the US economy from a catastrophic collapse.
Who is to say that institutions like Barclay's aren't as good at "saving the US economy from a catastrophic collapse" as the politician?

I mean besides the politicians and their useful idiot enablers.

I'm a teacher, my brother was a cop. He managed to get to deputy chief for his last 8 years, before he retired at 52. His pension? $88,500 a year. Granted it didn't look like it was going to be that when he started at $22k per year, back in late 70's. He didn't take the job for the money, any more than I chose my career path. However, he would be the first to say that those joining police, fire, etc. today should not count on those benefits, it must change. It's not just the 'first responders' and teachers, but secretaries, clerks, etc. that are getting 2/3 salaries and such. He will not be paying for his medical coverage either, it's part of his package.

So what does a 52 year old do?
He double-dips...That's what.

But, somehow or another, cutting back on spending for the bureaucratic Bournemouth is something that's supposed to gain sympathy?

Exactly my point. Many of the 'civil servants' do just that. My bro and I were talking about this just the other day, he expects that they are going to make 'vested' at least 10 years, but when? Mind you, this is a very conservative, but wealthy suburb. Only 2 ways to get on police or fire departments, BS in law enforcement/fire protection or 2 year degree and military service. That's it. However, they pay well, including those in parks, streets and san, etc. All of them reap the benefits, not just the first responders.

No I didnt.

Who is to say that institutions like Barclay's aren't as good at "saving the US economy from a catastrophic collapse" as the politician?

I mean besides the politicians and their useful idiot enablers.

You wanna give away your store to foreigners, lock, stock and 2 smokin barrels be my guest. But when that is going to be done with institutions that are interconnected with the government and the economy in a way that would weaken both if they were to fail, or be foreign controlled..there are many that are not going to let that happen. And IMHO no one should support the collapse of the American Economy.

No I didnt.

Lehamn failed. It made bad decisions and it failed. A hundred year old institution or not is irrelevant. It failed.

So did J. Walter Thompson for other reasons...White and Case...Finley Kumble Wagner Hein and Unterberg...A C and R Advertising...Scali McCabe and Sloves....Pan American Airways...Peoples Express...I can go on and on.

Exactly why did any other company warrant a bailout?

And as for Barclays capitalizing? So what? So did many other companies as the business was still spread amongst many competitors....

That is the free market at work. The strong survive the weak fail. The smarter survive, the less wise fail.....

No I didnt.

You see...you bought into that "saving the US economy from a catastrophic collapes" thing.
I dont blame you. Politicians running for office found it to be a great platform to work from.
Me?
I have seen worse. I have seen 21% prime rates. No one was able to afford to borrow back then so it was the same as no lending at all. I have seen mid teens unemployment. I have seen market drops in one day greater than what we saw in 2008. I saw the NASDAQ go down over 50%. I saw an entire marketplace go up in smoke (dot com).
I recognized that politicians found the best way to get elected was to paint the blackest picture possible and blame it on the people in the office at the time.

You know...politicas as usual.

You bought into it based on rehetoric.

I didnt buy into it..... based on history.

You believe rhetoric over history?

I dont.

No I didnt.

Lehamn failed. It made bad decisions and it failed. A hundred year old institution or not is irrelevant. It failed.

So did J. Walter Thompson for other reasons...White and Case...Finley Kumble Wagner Hein and Unterberg...A C and R Advertising...Scali McCabe and Sloves....Pan American Airways...Peoples Express...I can go on and on.

And as for Barclays capitalizing? So what? So did many other companies as the business was still spread amongst many competitors....

That is the free market at work. The strong survive the weak fail. The smarter survive, the less wise fail.....

Hookay..

Citibank, Goldman, AIG, Bank Of America, Merrill Lynch, GM, Chrysler and possibly Ford all failing at the same time is aokay with you..eh?

:lol: Oh man.

Last edited:

Hookay..

Citibank, Goldman, AIG, Bank Of America, Merrill Lynch, GM, Chrysler and possibly Ford all failing at the same time is aokay with you..eh?

:lol: Oh man.

Wow...you threw in Ford?
OK.

But yeah.....why?

Becuase there are many that would have picked up the slack.

Small businesses would have all gotten a piece of the pie. You see...the money didnt disappear....it simply changed hands...and there are always companies to pick up the slack.

That IS how the free market works.

Why would you think it wouldnt?

Firefighters? Cops? Emergency Workers? Teachers? Librarians?

Ugh..

It would take one of them..nearly 100 years to get make annual bonuses of a good number of CEOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyCHV3DSQZE

I believe those civil servants took their jobs knowing what their compensation would be.
If they chose to, the could have done what was necessary to become a well paid CEO.

Are you saying that they made a bad choice by opting the career they chose?

Or are you saying that the CEO's made the right choice when opting for the career they chose?

The fact is some chose a career to serve and protect, others chose a career to serve themselves. Who is worth and actually earns a bonus of one or two or ten million dollars? How much is someone worth who puts themselves in harms way to save another.

Ultimately, everyone does what they do because of the rewards they receive. Even Mother Theresa "served the poor" because she believed it would get her rewards in heaven. If we apply your standards no one deserves to get paid.

Nice try.

Firefighters, cops and teachers are state and local employees, not federal bureaucrats.

Get a new scare tactic, because this dog don't hunt.

:lol:

Well since your off the grid and don't pay taxes..I guess you don't get how the whole thing works.
Wrong. He's off the grid because he understands exactly how it works.

When are you gonna' wake up?

Sallow buys into all of the Scams. The more money involved the more respect. It's who you know, not what you know. What they don't get is that the Parasite has outgrown the host. Some only know that they want more. Never enough, never satisfied.

Firefighters, cops and teachers are state and local employees, not federal bureaucrats.

One only needs to look at Chris Christie to know that this isn't the case. When Christie tore apart the teacher on youtube, many conservatives went wild with glee.

You really are an idiot, aren't you?

Christie never tore apart any teachers. What he did was go after their union, and told the actual teachers that people have been lying to them for years.

Just some liberal loons scared to death they might lose their gold-laden diamond encrusted benefit and retirement package.
Geez...maybe fed workers should not have 12 holiday paid days off a year, plus 5 weeks off - and only have to work 30 years.

there are a lot of Conservative Loons in that work pool.....do they look at their jobs differently?......

Explain why these "public servants" should live lives of opulent luxury whilst the taxpayers who support them eat dog food in retirement?

The fact is that you fascists support an aristocracy of government hacks who live far above the peasantry who support them.

how come i am not in that catagory?...:eusa_think:..must have gotten in the wrong line.....

but he said CIVIL SERVANTS not just Federal ......am i right?....
You're right.

But the current budgetary battle heating up is with the federal budget.

This raises the question: What's the motivation for AFSCME propaganda in this given context?

Firefighters? Cops? Emergency Workers? Teachers? Librarians?

Ugh..

It would take one of them..nearly 100 years to get make annual bonuses of a good number of CEOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyCHV3DSQZE
Pro union propaganda proves nothing. it's whining. The union people are seething because their way of life is being challenged.
Here's the deal for all you folks who think public workers are deserving of their incredibly high wages and lifetime benefits...
The workers themselves are not being "attacked"...
What is happening is the taxpayers have had enough. There is no more money. Taxes cannot continue to be increased to pay for public worker benefits.
Example.....NJ Governor Christie asked the NJEA( teacher's union) to have it's members contribute 2.5% of the annual cost of their health insurance. Currently the teachers get that on the taxpayer's dime. The Union said no and the teachers attacked Christie saying he doesn't care about education and he hates children..
Look, public worker unions have been coercing high wages and the type of benefits that the private sector worker could only dream of. The most insulting part of this is when New York governor Andrew Cuomo, BTW a liberal democrat, proposed an annual property tax cap, the public worker unions went bonkers.
New Jersey already has a property tax increase cap of 2%...
At the end of the day, the wages and benefits are unsustainable. Once again, there is no more money...
Public worker wages and benefits should be brought in line with private sector wages and benefits.
There should be no more sick and vacation time banking, no more 8 hours pay for showing up for two hours and going home, no more civil service protection or 100% job security. Union workers are protected from living in the real world. Public sector workers should be treated equally to their private sector counterparts.
Lastly, public sector workers are "SERVICE" to the taxpayer. The severs should not be more well off than those they serve.
You will disagree with this. You oppose the majority. Just ask anyone where you live if they like paying $15k per year in property taxes or the plethora of other confiscations to fund this nonsense.

Forum List

Back