Citizen Journalism Catches Elite Liberal Media Lie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bitterlyclingin, Aug 17, 2011.

1. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449
    As we have already covered earlier today, MSNBC and ABC News attempted to peddle a baldfaced lie about Perry, using deceptive editing to make it appear that Perry had made a racist remark about President Obama. Before the blogosphere existed, other news organizations would have simply run with ABC’s interpretation of the facts and before the nascent Perry campaign could have formulated an effective response, a substantial portion of America’s population would have been told by the media that Perry has a problem with a black man being President.

However, thanks to Breitbart.tv’s Larry O’Connor (host of the Stage Right Show, which will be a national radio show soon if there is any justice), this meme was stopped in its tracks before it could even take hold. ABC News was forced to surreptitiously doctor their page to note that Perry was actually talking about the national debt. Futhermore – miracle of miracles – MSNBC’s Ed Schultz was forced to actually sort of apologize for his blatant distortion of the truth:

Citizen Journalism Stops a Liberal Meme In Its Tracks | RedState

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,666
    In the wake of fat Eddie's slut suspension he really had no choice, but he should have also apologized for his comments about Perry, not just for using their 'gotcha' video.

3. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    But..but...but, I am assured by liberals that the mainstream media has not an iota of liberal bias.

4. Patrick2

Patrick2 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    While it's also been a boon to leftwing propagandists, and played a key role in the election of obama, the internet has destroyed for all time the previous liberal near-monopoly on news dissemination - they can never again get away with their massive frauds, bias, and censorship, as in the past.

5. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    I care what Ed says about as much as I care what Rush says... and I'm not sure there is a measurement small enough to show how little I care what Rush says.

6. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    Where are the liberals condemning this? Where's Media Matters?

Oh...not Fox News related.

That would explain the deafening silence from the left.