Cincinnati Reds Baseball Team Under Investigation by Health Department

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
bilde-220x167.jpg

The Cincinnati Reds decided to celebrate their first playoff berth since 1995 by lighting up victory cigars in their clubhouse after defeating the Houston Astros 3-2 on Sunday night. Now they’re being investigated by the Health Department for violating Ohio’s statewide smoking ban.
If that weren’t bad enough, the Reds’ own fans are the ones who reported them.
According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, five people called a smoking ban complaint hotline as the Reds’ clubhouse celebration took place. Team owner Bob Castellini could be seen handing out and lighting up the victory stogies, and some (annoyingly) vigilant Ohioans took exception.
According to the Enquirer, “no fine is attached to any initial violation.”
Watch out, though: if you are caught smoking by an inspector a second time, you could be fined $100. The fine goes up to $500 after that.
Read the rest.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -C.S. Lewis

A Smoking Ban Complaint Hotline.... why am I hearing the sound of jackboots? Is it cuz the Nazi's are coming?

You should talk to a doctor about these sounds you're hearing. It could be any number of mental issues.

You're such a sad bastard that even the voices in your head don't want to talk to you.

I'm sorry. I apologize for making a dick comment. Not having the best afternoon.

Classy fans lol.

Seriously, why are people such busy bodies that they have to complain about things that have NO effect on them whatsoever?

Forum List

Back