CIA used 'illegal, inaccurate code to target kill drones'

Discussion in 'Military' started by JBeukema, Sep 26, 2010.

1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    CIA used 'illegal, inaccurate code to target kill drones' ? The Register

2. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    nothing will come from this. the cia can do whatever they want and "the patriots" will cheer them on

3. RoccoR

RoccoR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,705
    et al,

Oddly enough, I watched a show on TV last night (Bloomberg: Intelligence Squared Debate), where the audience was the reactive part of a forum (a "Mute Court" arrangement), a jury of sorts, on the question of whether or not the terrorist should be given trials in regular federal court, or dealt with separately. They did a vote before the debate, and then they did a vote after the debate.
    • NOTE: BLOOM: I^2 Debate: Terrorists-treat as enemy combatants or common criminals --- ( I'm not allowed to post URLs but it is available on the internet at bloomberg.com/tv/shows/intelligence-squared-debates ). I highly recommend you watch at least the "highlights."
    Before the debate, the audience, many in military uniform, were evenly split into thirds: NO, YES, UNDECIDED

After the debate, the audience shifted, just a little more than marginally towards: YES! They should have a trail in federal court, like any other major crimes defendant. This speaks to how America thinks.

Most Respectfully,
    R

4. Toome

Toome Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Sorry, but this falls in the "welcome to the reality of war, Idiot!" category. (No offense to the OP, this is directed to the hand-holding, Kumbaya-singing, naive Retard who wrote the original "news" article.)

There are no rules when it comes to intelligence collection. If the bad guys are stupid enough to pop up on the electromagnetic spectrum, in whatever form it takes, from a cell phone call to cruising the internet, then the bad guys just became a legitimate target. Ain't technology wonderful?

As for the 13 meter crap, I think throwing steel on a target with a plus or minus 45 foot range of error is pretty damn accurate! Cannon cockers are trained to rain steel on an area approximately 3,500 by 3,500 feet on the battlefield. Looking at the math, the drones are sharpshooters by comparison.