Church urgers people to vote out Obama

blog_income_top_one_percent.png

You have the freedom to succeed that goes hand with the freedom to fail.... and whether you do either is of no concern to anyone else... including the government...

When this country was paying for the second world war anyone who earned mor than $300,000 per year paid 91% of the excess to the government. Back then every able bodied man under 40 years of age was drafted. That was fair...not that modern day Republicans will even make note of it. Now they use all the systems in this republic which were bought and paid for with young American blood and think all they have to do for the American dream is show up and shuffle papers. PHUCK THE 1%

1) Learn your history.. what was deemed income, what was not, what was deductible, etc... the effective tax rate was not nearly that high... you guys LOVE to spew the 91% bullshit without knowledge of the whole situation
2) Fair is SUBJECTIVE, you IGNORANT ASSHOLE
3) Equality in treatment is something the likes of you only scream for when it benefits YOU.. you are all for unequal treatment of others when it benefits you

FUCK THOSE who support unequal treatment for the purposes of pandering... like YOU, troll

The Middle Class was born of Unions! Collective Bargaining made it possible to negotiate a living wage and acquire the American Dream for millions. Without Unions there would not have been a middle class!

Ummm... no

The middle class was born of people not simply trying to be the sheep protected by numbers.. the middle class was born of individuals with drive, good choices, and the ability to not only sell their skills up improve upon them to make themselves desirable for employment...

We agree on the motivation necessary for an individual to do a good job. But, there are plenty of hard working non union poor people who will never attain middle class status because their income isn't high enough. Class... middle or otherwise, doesn't depend on how hard you work but on what your labor is worth. I dare say that the harder one works at physical labor the less money is accumulated for the worker and the more for his boss!
Unions were formed by frustrated hard working people who wanted more of the profit that their work produced. A living wage and humane working conditions for those who banded together improved the life and lifestyles of all involved. Unions provided the means by which those with drive and ambition could rise up and earn enough money to send their kids to college and provide for their future..

1) Advancement is because of the individual... there are plenty of hard working people that will not advance because of MANY reasons... and there are plenty of lazy people, people in the right situation, etc that will advance because of many reasons...

2) Class is not solely to do with what your labor is worth... there are many more things that go into it.. decisions abound... you can be making 100K and blowing it all away and still be lower class with nothing

3) Unions WERE formed by frustrated people coming together... not all were hard working just as not all are hard working now.... Today, unlike then, you have labor law that does what people used to think could only be done by unions.. and you have a greater wide-spread knowledge of the business world... unions did not bring about the middle class and they certainly are not necessary to have a middle class now

NO churches are charities.

I disagree.

Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant... churches are indeed charities

When viewed as a whole..meaning from their start til now churches are not charities. Just as Jerry Sanduski is not NOW a child molester beecause he hasn't butt fucked any kids in the last six months. The actions of the churches over their existance are no less horrific than the former Penn State coach. You can say "look at us NOW" all you want. There is NO statute of limitations on murder which they, the churches, most certainly participated in.

I disagree.

When viewed as a whole..meaning from their start til now churches are not charities. Just as Jerry Sanduski is not NOW a child molester beecause he hasn't butt fucked any kids in the last six months. The actions of the churches over their existance are no less horrific than the former Penn State coach. You can say "look at us NOW" all you want. There is NO statute of limitations on murder which they, the churches, most certainly participated in.

What does this have to do with churches being or not being charities?

Fair share fair share.

When do you start paying you greedy fuck?

Greedy fuck? :lol:

Seems rather inappropriate, but I should expect nothing less from an impotent aged man-child. Perhaps you could wipe the splatters of Ensure off your coke bottle glasses and read below?

I pay my fair share..

I own a home.
I pay my taxes, I only itemize when I need the money (last year was the first).
I accurately claim my taxes on contract jobs, down to the penny.
I have a full time, well paying job.
I pay for my health insurance and I NEVER go to the doctor.
I paid my student loans off last year.

OK, now you can continue sniffing bike seats, asshat. :lol:

So you needed money last year? Was that because business was down or your bad spending habits?

Save The Children is a charity. Operation Smile is a charity. The Red Cross is a charity.

The churches are self serving institutions more concerned with clinging to the power they have inherited over the last 2000 years. What little charity they engage in is tiny compared with the wealth they enjoy. Take all of the holdings of the churches which is likely in the trillions and examine how much they spend ...probably in the low billions and they wouldn't qualify as a true charity. Not if they only give less than 1/1000 of what they have. I'm not sure what the cut off is for a legal charity but it has to be more than 5% doncha think? .001% is just chump change....a loss leader.

Save The Children is a charity. Operation Smile is a charity. The Red Cross is a charity.

The churches are self serving institutions more concerned with clinging to the power they have inherited over the last 2000 years. What little charity they engage in is tiny compared with the wealth they enjoy. Take all of the holdings of the churches which is likely in the trillions and examine how much they spend ...probably in the low billions and they wouldn't qualify as a true charity. Not if they only give less than 1/1000 of what they have. I'm not sure what the cut off is for a legal charity but it has to be more than 5% doncha think? .001% is just chump change....a loss leader.

Nevertheless churches are charities

I know they are listed as charities, however I don't think they should get that status by simply being a church.

Just because you think it does not make it so.

This is true. Perhaps when we eventually get around to fixing the tax code we will make the tax exempt status harder to obtain. Unions shouldn't be tax exempt or churches, unless they meet a standard of charitable giving. I'd say 5% is a good number :)

I disagree.

Your focus jumping is also irrelevant

You are not even clever. Most republican christians are at least clever liars and obviscators of the facts. I won't ask you to address my factual assertions that should disqualify churches as charities... because you cannot... thus the vague insult.

Fair share fair share.

When do you start paying you greedy fuck?

Greedy fuck? :lol:

Seems rather inappropriate, but I should expect nothing less from an impotent aged man-child. Perhaps you could wipe the splatters of Ensure off your coke bottle glasses and read below?

I pay my fair share..

I own a home.
I pay my taxes, I only itemize when I need the money (last year was the first).
I accurately claim my taxes on contract jobs, down to the penny.
I have a full time, well paying job.
I pay for my health insurance and I NEVER go to the doctor.
I paid my student loans off last year.

OK, now you can continue sniffing bike seats, asshat. :lol:

So you needed money last year? Was that because business was down or your bad spending habits?

Nope, my spending habits are not as bad as yours.

I needed to sod my entire yard, the house I purchased was not very well kept, I tried to keep it alive... Working 60hrs a week does not help in the "free time" dept.

You are not even clever. Most republican christians are at least clever liars and obviscators of the facts. I won't ask you to address my factual assertions that should disqualify churches as charities... because you cannot... thus the vague insult.

Factual assertions? What facts did you cite? I see nothing in your last post that is factual at all. You made up a number that has nothing to do with reality as the amount of cash that the church takes in and then used more made up numbers that have no basis in reality for the amount they give to charity.

Try and actually come up with facts and someone might actually address them.

El Paso Catholic church bulletin urges Obama defeat - El Paso Times

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

No candidate was mentioned by name.

Catholics shouldn't vote for the candidate who's on the altar of the "Politically Correct."

They should vote for those most closely aligned with the church, i.e. pro-life, marriage between a man and a woman, etc.

Names don't need to be dropped (this church didn't).

Any idiot should be able to figure out who's in line/out of touch with the church.

Need help?

People who are in touch with the church believe a 2000 year old fairy tale.....you know, Republicans.

Funny thing, 80% of the nation identify as ‘Christian’ so I would assert that (as a simple extension of logic) that a vast majority of democrats are also ‘in touch’ with the church.

Of course, that does not matter to bigots but you would not be a bigoted religious hater, would you?

Churches are a collection of like minded people developing their beliefs together. IT is the PERFECT place to discuss politics. I can see why dems would oppose to this concept though. There is nothing to gain for them in the idea.

I won't even discuss the other notions briught up in this thread -- It's just more examples of hate and intolerance from the left.

Churches are a collection of like minded people developing their beliefs together. IT is the PERFECT place to discuss politics. I can see why dems would oppose to this concept though. There is nothing to gain for them in the idea.

I won't even discuss the other notions briught up in this thread -- It's just more examples of hate and intolerance from the left.

Oba., some churches have exploited their flock,and exploited the children,one would think they should put their house in order,not let the peverted get away with what is....... murder.

instead of pissing around with politics........trouble is the church has always been political,to the detriment of man(and woman)kind...steve

I know they are listed as charities, however I don't think they should get that status by simply being a church.

Just because you think it does not make it so.

This is true. Perhaps when we eventually get around to fixing the tax code we will make the tax exempt status harder to obtain. Unions shouldn't be tax exempt or churches, unless they meet a standard of charitable giving. I'd say 5% is a good number :)

They are a charity because their christian church doctrine dictates them too be. Look it up it's in the bible.

Forum List

Back