Church denies funeral to gay man

I think worrying a little less about how whether other people are doing it right and focusing on your own salvation is probably the best way to deal with outside criticism. If you're attending to your own salvation and you know that you're doing your part to the best of your ability, who cares what the world thinks? We aren't supposed to care. They are going to say nasty things about us, that doesn't make them true, nor does it mean we need to placate them.

No, it isn't cruel. What is inhuman is using your dead son to carry out a beef against a church.

I love how the anti-Christians believe that the sole purpose of Christians is to accede to whatever demand is made of them, in whatever context, from whomever..and who maintain that unless we behave as the willing slaves of the depraved, we aren't *good* Christians. What utter hogwash.

Please, there are so many FAKE Christians running around, judging others, behaving as if they are better (when they are NOT), treating other human beings like crap because they don't agree with their lifestyle and then use their bible as an excuse. This is not what God or Jesus would want, I am quite SURE of that.

I am 100 percent sure the parents in this case knew that the pastor they were trying to trick into blessing the funeral had preached against the lifestyle their son adopted. I am 100 percent certain that they are using their dead kid to make a political statement.

I love how the anti-Christians believe that the sole purpose of Christians is to accede to whatever demand is made of them, in whatever context, from whomever..and who maintain that unless we behave as the willing slaves of the depraved, we aren't *good* Christians. What utter hogwash.

Please, there are so many FAKE Christians running around, judging others, behaving as if they are better (when they are NOT), treating other human beings like crap because they don't agree with their lifestyle and then use their bible as an excuse. This is not what God or Jesus would want, I am quite SURE of that.

*Yawn*.

I get it. You hate Christians. Ok.

I am 100 percent sure the parents in this case knew that the pastor they were trying to trick into blessing the funeral had preached against the lifestyle their son adopted. I am 100 percent certain that they are using their dead kid to make a political statement.

Post a link, or we can just put this post in the garbage heap.

Here we have a demonstration of that wonderful Christian compassion and empathy. :cry:

I don't care what your "teachings" are. It is CRUEL to turn this mom away and refuse to hold a funeral for her son. Why can't you people let GOD decide? Why do you have to be cruel to the grieving mom?

I thought you didn't believe in G-d? Our G-d did decide. He gave us a book. We follow the book.

If you don't believe in G-d, or if you believe in a G-d different from our Bible... that's fine. You and your church can follow that G-d.

As for me and my house, and my Church.... we serve the Lord.

He *DID* decide. He wrote in our book, how we are to deal with people who are hypocrites. We are letting G-d make the decision. We didn't write it ChrisL.

We're not trying to be mean. We're not trying to upset anyone. But..... we are trying to follow our beliefs, as best we can. That ticks people off, I know. But if I have choose to between making you happy, and G-d mad, or making G-d happy, and you mad.... I'll choose the latter.

No, I don't believe in YOUR idea of what God is. I don't believe in your book either.

And that's fine! It's alright. I have no problem with you at all.

But you asked why we can't do what you can do.... and that's why. We *DO* believe in our G-d. He's a real to me as you are. And we *DO* believe in our Book, G-d's Word, the Bible.

And our G-d, and His Word, tells us what we can, and can not do. It's not our deal.... it's His deal.

We have to follow what we believe, just like you have to follow what you believe. I would never tell you to act in a way, contrary to what you believe. In fact, I have greater respect for someone who is at least honest about their own views, and follows them.

So by all means, join whatever group that holds your views, and do whatever you think you should. It's perfectly fine with me.

But we can't. There are things we can't do, because of our G-d, our Bible, and our beliefs. That's how that works. You asked... and I'm just answering. :)

*Yawn*.

Just phonies like yourself. My aunt is a Christian and she would NEVER treat people the way you do. She is a REAL Christian who loves people, no matter their alleged "sins."

No, it isn't cruel. What is inhuman is using your dead son to carry out a beef against a church.

What is cruel is a person like you making phony accusations against a woman who you know nothing about who has just lost one of the most important people in her life!!! THAT is cruel. This woman is SUFFERING.

You sound a bit hysterical. But hysterics will not change the facts...

The facts are that the mother of this child deliberately chose a pastor and a church that openly preached against the lifestyle that her son adopted, and she did not tell them that he had adopted this lifestyle.

The church isn't going to condone dishonesty, OR a homosexual lifestyle. Get over it.

Gotta go to work now. I'll be back later though. I'm not done with this because when the church turned away this woman, they were HURTING her. They must know this. Anyone with an OUNCE of common sense would know this. I want to know what kind of people are capable of such coldheartedness.

*Yawn*.

Just phonies like yourself. My aunt is a Christian and she would NEVER treat people the way you do. She is a REAL Christian who loves people, no matter their alleged "sins."

Good heavens, what do you know about how I treat people? You're going off the deep end there, Chris. I haven't treated anybody like crap. Stating that the church is justified in their decision, and the mother was dishonest to try to trick them into performing the service, does not equate "being a bad Christian" or "treating people like crap". Disagreeing with you is not the same as abusing you.

Seriously. Take a break. You are getting all worked up.

10300276_10152336664011275_658219944289941009_n.png

Gee a made up internet sign to hide behind. Gee, now we know what a weak little bitch you really are.

My bible says, God is angry with the wicked every day. What book are you reading?
Tales from the Great Spaghetti Monster.

I don't care what your "teachings" are. It is CRUEL to turn this mom away and refuse to hold a funeral for her son. Why can't you people let GOD decide? Why do you have to be cruel to the grieving mom?

I thought you didn't believe in G-d? Our G-d did decide. He gave us a book. We follow the book.

If you don't believe in G-d, or if you believe in a G-d different from our Bible... that's fine. You and your church can follow that G-d.

As for me and my house, and my Church.... we serve the Lord.

He *DID* decide. He wrote in our book, how we are to deal with people who are hypocrites. We are letting G-d make the decision. We didn't write it ChrisL.

We're not trying to be mean. We're not trying to upset anyone. But..... we are trying to follow our beliefs, as best we can. That ticks people off, I know. But if I have choose to between making you happy, and G-d mad, or making G-d happy, and you mad.... I'll choose the latter.
You serve the lord? So you're a waiter? Cool, go get me a coffee.

Gotta go to work now. I'll be back later though. I'm not done with this because when the church turned away this woman, they were HURTING her. They must know this. Anyone with an OUNCE of common sense would know this. I want to know what kind of people are capable of such coldheartedness.

The cruel people are the ones who think they can FORCE churches to accommodate those who attack the church, lie to clergy in order to trick them into lending their support, and who seek to force the church to perform actions that are in direct opposition with the beliefs of the congregation. They happen to be the same people who can justify killing the unborn, killing the bedridden, and burning the churches.

I agree!

That's why I asked the question before....

So you are in a Church, and a bunch of people join your church who don't believe what you and your church teaches. They live completely opposite of what you believe is right. They run around telling everyone they are part of your church, and everyone can see they are fake and hypocrites.

Everyone says "ChrisL is part of that hypocrite church. She's one of 'those' people"

So what would you suggest? You can't kick them out of your church, because this whole thread is all about you, and those with you, saying it's wrong for us to kick them out.

So what is your solution?

What would YOU do? Let them stay in the church, and have everyone accuse your church of being full of hypocrites? Just like you are accusing right now?

And the Christians wonder why people are leaving them behind in droves??? It's because a lot of them are just mean nasty people who think they are better than everyone else and treat other people like crap, but they are really JUST judgmental assholes and hypocrites. Some of you sure don't seem like "Christians" to me. I think the devil has you fooled. :rolleyes-41:

God Loves Sinners

I am saddened by the hatred that some professed “Christians” have for the unsaved. It is tragic. Yes, God hates sin and the wrath of God abides upon Christ-rejecters (John 3:36); but let us never stray from the great Biblical doctrine of God's wondrous love for mankind, which allowed Christ to be nailed to the cross for our sins. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Notice the words, "God so loved THE WORLD."

What I wrote a few minutes ago is to the church. Not the unbeliever, Chris. To be clear Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it! If Jesus did not come to condemn the world in that he did not come to judge them in their sins but rather provide the answer for the escape from it - then this is the call of the Christian. To warn the church - to most definitely warn the church - that if you are not doing what God has called you to as a Believer? You will not enter the kingdom of heaven. The Believer is to share the good news with the world which does not know what Christ did for them. "Some" of the world has a false understanding of the work of the Cross in many instances - because the LORD has been misrepresented with the prosperity gospel while completely leaving out the true message of holiness, repentance, forgiveness, loving our enemy - doing good to those who hate us - this has been left out - why? Because there are few laborers, Chris. Few. Jesus said so. The laborers are few! How many laborers do you see on this board, Chris? How many people do you see claiming to be believers in Jesus Christ? Where are they spending their time? How many sermons do they put up? How much christian music, sermons, testimonies do you see being put up? Why not? Why not put up evidence of what you believe so others may believe too?

Here is the truth, Chris. We say we want heaven but the truth is - we don't want it enough to part with Egypt. Still living in Egypt, hanging on to the relatives and their parties and all that the world does and then have the nerve to tell them, we are going to heaven and you are not. ( because you didn't say the magic prayer or keep the Sabbath like we do ) No, Chris. The truth is the Sabbath keeping and holy day keeping is under the law. Tithing is under the law. Loving your neighbor as yourself, do not commit adultery, do not lie, do not steal, those are fulfilled in Christ because if you walk in the Spirit you won't be fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. It is not about our ability, Chris but about the LORD's ability and what He has made available to all mankind through the cross. That is the truth and for some a very inconvenient truth. Nevertheless, it is the truth! Every day is holy unto the LORD in my life - not any single day, Chris! Every day! Every day is the LORD's. I'm not taking any breaks from God! Who are these people? That is the question coming to my mind! If it offends some religious zealots maybe it is right for me to speak it out loud. Who knows? Maybe someone will come into contact their conscience about it. One can only hope.

Gee a made up internet sign to hide behind. Gee, now we know what a weak little bitch you really are.

My bible says, God is angry with the wicked every day. What book are you reading?
Tales from the Great Spaghetti Monster.

Atheists who die atheists are in hell, Billy, as are Christians who hate someone and are bound in unforgiveness. ( which is where hate comes from in my belief - unforgiveness which leads to a root of bitterness and unbelief) . Neither one could enter the kingdom of heaven in such a state - according to the Word of God which is Truth. Tell Pastor Tate to read his bible.

Forum List

Back