Christmas box

So...my co workers and I adopted a family for Christmas. Mother passed away in March. Two boys ages 2 and 9 being raised by their grandma. 9 year old only asked for books to read.

I bought him about 5 books ( May get more) and I have put together a Christmas stocking with a search and find book,Mad Libs,splat ball, kite,and 2 small erector sets ( a race car and an air plane). Plus candy.

I want to get him something else just not sure what 9 year old boys like? I usually buy for girls.

is he interested in any specific sports teams?

tees, sweatshirts, other team paraphernalia usually does well.
Any ideas?
Grandma was vague when asked...said blanket and Jacket. Nothing specific to things he likes.
I was going to suggest something practical like a blanket or jacket or gloves (if you live in a cold part of the country). Kids who don't have a lot appreciate stuff luckier kids wouldn't. A really cool blanket--maybe Harry Potter where he's a reader--or one of fake fur.

So...my co workers and I adopted a family for Christmas. Mother passed away in March. Two boys ages 2 and 9 being raised by their grandma. 9 year old only asked for books to read.

I bought him about 5 books ( May get more) and I have put together a Christmas stocking with a search and find book,Mad Libs,splat ball, kite,and 2 small erector sets ( a race car and an air plane). Plus candy.

I want to get him something else just not sure what 9 year old boys like? I usually buy for girls.

Any ideas?
Nintendo DS and a couple 5 dollar lego video games to go with it. Batman and StarWars are very popular

Get him a kindle and download books all year long!
I would but these families are chosen from Chaplain services at the hospital and were aren’t allowed to give them electronics for some reason. Probably because they are high dollar items,but I dont know for sure.

Any ideas?

A tooth brush (why candy?)
A tooth brush for a 9 year old on xmas....let that sink in...

Match box cars, go to the dollar store and look around for cheap stocking stuffers, little boys like alot of stuff ..

Just wasn’t sure if he was too old for cars or not. Good ideas though!
Kohl’s has a great sale going on for 3D puzzles right now I’d bet he might like-
7A4CA5B9-5A31-42A8-9E0B-D1C90B1ABCA5.png

Any ideas?
Nintendo DS and a couple 5 dollar lego video games to go with it. Batman and StarWars are very popular

^ listen to him he has a young one .

Match box cars, go to the dollar store and look around for cheap stocking stuffers, little boys like alot of stuff ..

Kohl’s has a great sale going on for 3D puzzles right now I’d bet he might like-
View attachment 231414
He probably would. I do know he likes books about animals,insects and adventure. I might check into that for sure.

Any ideas?

^ listen to him he has a young one .

My 4 year old grandson plays that stuff and on occasion asks for my help. I just look at it with a bewildered look of confusion lol

The Lego games are basically endless puzzles in digital form. They usually require reasoning skills to figure out which character can solve which puzzles. Tetris is a good cheap one too

View attachment 231414
He probably would. I do know he likes books about animals,insects and adventure. I might check into that for sure.

And no red Ryder BB gun, he might shoot his eye out.

This is not a joke I talked to my 2nd wife a few years ago and the youngest boy did , he shot his eye out.

She sent me pictures he had a glass eye.

is he interested in any specific sports teams?

tees, sweatshirts, other team paraphernalia usually does well.
Any ideas?
Grandma was vague when asked...said blanket and Jacket. Nothing specific to things he likes.
I was going to suggest something practical like a blanket or jacket or gloves (if you live in a cold part of the country). Kids who don't have a lot appreciate stuff luckier kids wouldn't. A really cool blanket--maybe Harry Potter where he's a reader--or one of fake fur.
One of my friends bought everyone a jacket,PJ’s and sweats/sweat shirts/socks.

View attachment 231414

And no red Ryder BB gun, he might shoot his eye out.

This is not a joke I talked to my 2nd wife a few years ago and the youngest boy did , he shot his eye out.

She sent me pictures he had a glass eye.
Aw..that really sucks. Poor kid.

A good pocket knife.
Every boy should have a good pocket knife.

I bought my son his first knife at about that age.

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

Video games and stuff, little boys are so easy to buy for, just don't get him socks and underwear.

I figured girls...lol

But no :)

And heck no to socks and underwear...no fun.
Socks and underwear OK if there are plenty of fun things too.

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

Video games and stuff, little boys are so easy to buy for, just don't get him socks and underwear.

I have a 9-year-old boy, and I will go along with this. They like video games, and any kind of electronic gadget. This kid sounds like he's probably a smart kid who likes learning and imagining. Depending on how much you want to spend, you might consider visiting your local craft store - Joann's or Michael's or Hobby Lobby, whatever you have handy - and looking in their section for kids' craft and activity kits. They have a lot of cool, science-based build-your-own things that my son just drools over.

Just as a couple of for-instances:

15952823.jpg

2453744.jpg

Any ideas?

A lot of my friends got a new toothbrush in their stocking every Christmas. I got a jar of green olives, my favorite.

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

I figured girls...lol

But no :)

And heck no to socks and underwear...no fun.
Socks and underwear OK if there are plenty of fun things too.
NO NO NO UNDERWEAR! NO.

Any ideas?

A lot of my friends got a new toothbrush in their stocking every Christmas. I got a jar of green olives, my favorite.

they knew your affinity for martinis?

Well, Blue Gin, it sounds like he's going to have a pretty darned good Christmas, what with all the stuff you've gotten him already.

Well done.

Forum List

Back