Christmas box

So...my co workers and I adopted a family for Christmas. Mother passed away in March. Two boys ages 2 and 9 being raised by their grandma. 9 year old only asked for books to read.

I bought him about 5 books ( May get more) and I have put together a Christmas stocking with a search and find book,Mad Libs,splat ball, kite,and 2 small erector sets ( a race car and an air plane). Plus candy.

I want to get him something else just not sure what 9 year old boys like? I usually buy for girls.

Any ideas?

A tooth brush (why candy?)
A tooth brush for a 9 year old on xmas....let that sink in...
A lot of my friends got a new toothbrush in their stocking every Christmas. I got a jar of green olives, my favorite.

they knew your affinity for martinis?
I guess the love of martinis came from wanting the olive.

So...my co workers and I adopted a family for Christmas. Mother passed away in March. Two boys ages 2 and 9 being raised by their grandma. 9 year old only asked for books to read.

I bought him about 5 books ( May get more) and I have put together a Christmas stocking with a search and find book,Mad Libs,splat ball, kite,and 2 small erector sets ( a race car and an air plane). Plus candy.

I want to get him something else just not sure what 9 year old boys like? I usually buy for girls.

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

Video games and stuff, little boys are so easy to buy for, just don't get him socks and underwear.

I figured girls...lol

But no :)

And heck no to socks and underwear...no fun.
Socks and underwear OK if there are plenty of fun things too.
NO NO NO UNDERWEAR! NO.

Exactly if you want to disappoint a little boys Christmas give him socks or underwear..

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

Video games and stuff, little boys are so easy to buy for, just don't get him socks and underwear.

I have a 9-year-old boy, and I will go along with this. They like video games, and any kind of electronic gadget. This kid sounds like he's probably a smart kid who likes learning and imagining. Depending on how much you want to spend, you might consider visiting your local craft store - Joann's or Michael's or Hobby Lobby, whatever you have handy - and looking in their section for kids' craft and activity kits. They have a lot of cool, science-based build-your-own things that my son just drools over.

Just as a couple of for-instances:

15952823.jpg

2453744.jpg
This is a good idea. A couple of years ago I bought one of the kids we adopted a build your own tornado kit....complete with house and cow. It was kind of cool lol

Any ideas?

Best Toys & Gift Ideas for 9 Year Old Boys in 2018 | Borncute.com

Gifts | Age 9 | Buy Toys for 9-Year-Old Boys

26 Best Toys for 9 Year Old Boys Who Have Everything - Toy Notes
that first link is a good one. Far too many people buy kids things that they think are cool and that the kid would like too. I like the development information thrown in with the list of gifts.

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

I figured girls...lol

But no :)

And heck no to socks and underwear...no fun.
Socks and underwear OK if there are plenty of fun things too.

This I agree with

Any ideas?

A 9 year old girl?

Just kidding..

I have a 9-year-old boy, and I will go along with this. They like video games, and any kind of electronic gadget. This kid sounds like he's probably a smart kid who likes learning and imagining. Depending on how much you want to spend, you might consider visiting your local craft store - Joann's or Michael's or Hobby Lobby, whatever you have handy - and looking in their section for kids' craft and activity kits. They have a lot of cool, science-based build-your-own things that my son just drools over.

Just as a couple of for-instances:

15952823.jpg

2453744.jpg
This is a good idea. A couple of years ago I bought one of the kids we adopted a build your own tornado kit....complete with house and cow. It was kind of cool lol

You can never go wrong with teaching a kid while he thinks he's just having a good time. :)

Any ideas?

I actually just found some really cool Star Wars tooth brushes on my way home from work with caps of Darth Vader and C3PO. So...added them to the stockings. Your wish came true after all.

Last edited:

Any ideas?

I actually just found some really cool Star Wars tooth brushes on my way home from work with caps of Darth Vader and C3PO. So...added them to the stocking. Your wish came true after all.

You're a very good person blue gin .

Models are pretty fun too. And they can keep a kid occupied for a long time.
I’m making a list and then this weekend I’m going to hunt this stuff down to see what I find.

Any ideas?

I actually just found some really cool Star Wars tooth brushes on my way home from work with caps of Darth Vader and C3PO. So...added them to the stocking. Your wish came true after all.

Thank You. I think searching for the gifts is just as fun for me as it will ( hopefully) be for them.

Any ideas?

Thank You. I think searching for the gifts is just as fun for me as it will ( hopefully) be for them.

I am kind of pissed thinking about it..I remember when my daughter was little she wanted candy, she said she had the money and I told her no..

I so wishi told her yes now.

I have not seen her in 15 years or so since her mom died

Any ideas?

I am kind of pissed thinking about it..I remember when my daughter was little she wanted candy, she said she had the money and I told her no..

I so wishi told her yes now.

I have not seen her in 15 years or so since her mom died
I know what you mean. There have been things I wish I had done differently when my kids were small. But you kind of learn as you go. Trial and error. Don’t beat yourself up too much.

Since this will be their first Christmas without their Mom...….maybe try to include a little something that is more interactive with others....something the boy and Grandma can do together. Maybe a set of checkers? Or something like that???

Since this will be their first Christmas without their Mom...….maybe try to include a little something that is more interactive with others....something the boy and Grandma can do together. Maybe a set of checkers? Or something like that???
I like the idea of games. My family always has a game night during the holidays...complete with prizes for winners. We always have a lot of fun.

Any ideas?

I actually just found some really cool Star Wars tooth brushes on my way home from work with caps of Darth Vader and C3PO. So...added them to the stockings. Your wish came true after all.

Did you get them the Star Wars toothpaste to go with it?

th

That is an excellent idea. I would imagine they're feeling rather disjointed and disconnected from their previous life and traditions right about now. Some family-building time would probably go a long way.

Forum List

Back