Christie will be Romney VP:

Christie may be a lot of things but he’s not stupid. He won’t jeopardize his 2016 bid for the WH by climbing aboard a losing ticket this year.

Romney-Christie is not likely to be a losing ticket. The only reason Obama won in 2008 was that he vastly outspent McCain, $730 million to $333 million, and that won't happen this time around. Even with the advantage of incumbency, on an even playing field Obama will be shown to be the lightweight he is.

if what you are saying is true, then obama is a bullshit artist typical politician liar.

do you think that romney is not a bullshit artist typical politician liar?

or is he more of the same?

I've heard this lame message touted in other places. Anyone that is stating that Romney and Obama are the same is seeing what they want to see. It may not be the stark contrast many of us wanted with Paul and Obama. But to state Romney and Obama are near the same is just phony.

Christie may be a lot of things but he’s not stupid. He won’t jeopardize his 2016 bid for the WH by climbing aboard a losing ticket this year.

Romney-Christie is not likely to be a losing ticket. The only reason Obama won in 2008 was that he vastly outspent McCain, $730 million to $333 million, and that won't happen this time around. Even with the advantage of incumbency, on an even playing field Obama will be shown to be the lightweight he is.

that was by far not the only reason.

any R-candidate was tainted by the bush presidency.

mccain was the same old shit. at the wrong time.

2008 was not winnable for any R-candidate, despite the little surge in the summer.

then came the economy crash, that sealed it.

Why do I say this? Because one of the first things Romney said he was going to do as president would be to visit Israel. And his future VP is there now.

Christie visits Israel and prays at Wailing Wall

I don't think Romney could make a better choice.

I used to think that, until Christie had the NJ flag LOWERED for Whitney Houston. She is nobody's hero, and she wasn't in a war......i lost total respect for him at that point.

if what you are saying is true, then obama is a bullshit artist typical politician liar.

do you think that romney is not a bullshit artist typical politician liar?

or is he more of the same?

I've heard this lame message touted in other places. Anyone that is stating that Romney and Obama are the same is seeing what they want to see. It may not be the stark contrast many of us wanted with Paul and Obama. But to state Romney and Obama are near the same is just phony.

they are not the same.

but roudy's bullshit artist liar line applies to most politicians, and to ALL successfully campaigning politicians.

I think Romney may be afraid Christie might eat him.

He does have those "Hungry Eyes"..

Is Christie "inclusive"? I don't see what he brings to the ticket, though Republicans have a big "NOBAMA" advantage anyway.

Pick Christie - Get a genuine person that can fire up the tea party, independents and democrats.

Pick Rubio - Get a phony person that can probably garner a significant portion of Hispanics and even blacks (at least black Cubans in Florida).

I'll take Christie any day.

Christie already called the tea party a bunch of dumb fucks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p179cgHrDoU]Christie defends appointing Muslim judge - YouTube[/ame]

That alone will turn off the Tea Party..and Evangelists.

I doubt it. It is far more likely that Romney will nominate a social conservative to appease the religious right.

Only in the primaries. In the general election the social conservatives will vote against Obama. Romney must win the majority of independents, and Christie is sufficiently conservative to win the social conservative vote running against Obama-Biden and sufficiently independent to win the independent vote.

I doubt it. Romney already wins moderates and independents- he needs to unify the base and get them enthused. He will choose a conservative with unassailable credentials, not another moderate.....

The Democrats might hope he will do that, but just as liberals who are disappointed in Obama will vote for him rather than a Republican, conservatives will vote for Romney rather than Obama and both candidates will be playing for the independent vote which will be based more on the issues than on orientation. That's where the election will be won or lost.

that was by far not the only reason.

any R-candidate was tainted by the bush presidency.

mccain was the same old shit. at the wrong time.

2008 was not winnable for any R-candidate, despite the little surge in the summer.

then came the economy crash, that sealed it.

No, it was all about money. The race was really quite close until McCain started to run out of money and had to cut TV ads in battleground states and then had to cut TV ads in states where he still had a narrow lead. Turn it around, give McCain $730 million to spend and Obama only $333 million to spend and we would be wondering who the Democrats will be running against President McCain.

Pick Christie - Get a genuine person that can fire up the tea party, independents and democrats.

Pick Rubio - Get a phony person that can probably garner a significant portion of Hispanics and even blacks (at least black Cubans in Florida).

I'll take Christie any day.

I am a registered democrat who had the good sense to vote for McCain in the last election. And if Romney receives the GOP nomination with Christy as VP, I will vote republican once again.

Why do I say this? Because one of the first things Romney said he was going to do as president would be to visit Israel. And his future VP is there now.

Christie visits Israel and prays at Wailing Wall

two questions.

1. isn't christie, the future vp, then upstaging romney, the future president?

2. did christie walk to the wall or did he ride a golf-cart?
Why would he be upstaging Romney? Romney will be showing his ability to make the right choices and management skills. Unlike Obama's choice, who is known for being a goofball. If we're talking the VP playing the role of a pitbull and taking the gloves off, Christie is an ideal candidate. He both connects well with your average American, and kicks his opponents ass at the same time.

Forum List

Back