Christie curbs Union donations!!!

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
On his first day on the job, Christie signed eight executive orders including on which labor leaders and democrats are calling an attack on their current system of pay to play politics in New Jersey. The order states that unions are now added to the list of groups who are barred from receiving state contracts of more than $17,500 if they had donated more than $300 to a campaign for Governor or county political committee in the previous 18 months. The order is expected to curb the union influence and patronage that was prevelant during the Corzine administration.

Christie signs executive order to limit union backed pay to play politics : New Jersey News – Jackson Township, Toms River, Freehold, Ocean County, NJ, US and World News

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yay for him!

It's time for politicians to recognize that there is only one special interest group.... 'We, the People'.

Yay for him!

It's time for politicians to recognize that there is only one special interest group.... 'We, the People'.

I don't really have a problem with individual donations to any campaign because those individuals in theory can pull the lever and vote. I see Union donations no differently than I do large corporate donations to a party or campaign and in my opinion they have no place in the election process.

On his first day on the job, Christie signed eight executive orders including on which labor leaders and democrats are calling an attack on their current system of pay to play politics in New Jersey. The order states that unions are now added to the list of groups who are barred from receiving state contracts of more than $17,500 if they had donated more than $300 to a campaign for Governor or county political committee in the previous 18 months. The order is expected to curb the union influence and patronage that was prevelant during the Corzine administration.

Christie signs executive order to limit union backed pay to play politics : New Jersey News – Jackson Township, Toms River, Freehold, Ocean County, NJ, US and World News

Excellent work Governor Christie, other Governors around the country should follow his lead.

Yay for him!

I don't really have a problem with individual donations to any campaign because those individuals in theory can pull the lever and vote. I see Union donations no differently than I do large corporate donations to a party or campaign and in my opinion they have no place in the election process.

Corporations are barred by law from giving political donations.

Yes, anything that puts a weed up union's asses is Ay Okay in my book. They are the cause of about half the problems in America.

Yay for him!

Yes, anything that puts a weed up union's asses is Ay Okay in my book. They are the cause of about half the problems in America.

Yeah, let's return to the good old days of sweatshops and child labor.

Yay for him!

Exactly the reason why I see them as no different than corporations when it comes to campaign donations.

What a fucking tool you are.

Nice, useless post. Good job!:clap2:

Im curious how the current Supreme Court decision today effects this. Though to be honest, I dont know that it will effect it much since it just prevents Unions/Corporations from donating and then getting contractual bids rather than an outright ban.

A Union is there to represent it's members as I understand it, the members themselves are the ones that vote not the Union, so as a member paying dues you pay them to support the Union to advocate on your behalf for salary and benefits not to influence political elections. If a company were to give Candicate X 100 million dollars for a campaign and send it's employee's out to protest, support or back candidates using the funds of that company to do so, then that is trying to influence an election for the benefit of the company and it's employee's , it is no different if you substitute the word company for Union. The constitution does not say " We the Company or We the Union, it says We the People" and the right to vote is an individual right as your freedom to choose who you should be able to donate too on an election. As companies do not vote in elections nor do unions, then they have no rights in them period.

Last edited:
Really?

Trade union membership (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (January 28, 2009). "Union members in 2008". Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Labor. )

16.1 million

Percentage of workforce

▪ Total - 12.4%
-----------------

87% of US emploement are sweatshops and employ child labor?

Show us that.

A Union is there to represent it's members as I understand it, the members themselves are the ones that vote not the Union, so as a member paying dues you pay them to support the Union to advocate on your behalf for salary and benefits not to influence political elections. If a company were to give Candicate X 100 million dollars for a campaign and send it's employee's out to protest, support or back candidates using the funds of that company to do so, then that is trying to influence an election for the benefit of the company and it's employee's , it is no different if you substitute the word company for Union. The constitution does not say " We the Company or We the Union, it says We the People" and the right to vote is an individual right as your freedom to choose who you should be able to donate too on an election. As companies do not vote in elections nor do unions, then they have no rights in them period.

And I disagree. PEOPLE make up Unions and Corporations. PEOPLE pay dues and expect the Union to work FOR them, same with Corporations PEOPLE make up a Corporation. They have a duty to look out for their self interests.

I have no problem with this Governor stopping a gravy train but I have a problem when that impedes and effects freedom of SPEECH. The Supreme Court just threw out some times of curbs on Corporations and Unions in regards National elections. I suspect this will see Court time.

Forum List

Back