Christians look to form new nation in U.S.

Originally posted by NewGuy
"using the force" is new-age.

The whole batch o' movies is ridden with new age philosophy. -That is NOT following Christ. It is NOT Christian.

Um, not at all. Star wars was based on Christianity. Virgin birth. Fall and redemption of Vader and the Jedi restoration by the son, Luke saving the kingdom. Its a very christian themed movie. But you are probably one who says Harry Potter is an evil book.

Originally posted by ajwps
It becomes obvious that your Isaiah 53:1-3 verses do not refer to Jesus but to the Jewish people as the suffering servant of the L-rd. [/B]

What's become obvious is that your interpretation of Scripture is way off, but NewGuy has already addressed that. Besides that, you failed to even talk about the rest of the chapter. You cannot say that Israel was figuratively killed, or buried in a rich man's tomb, or punished for the sins of the world. Those prophecies are Messianic in origin, but you are hiding yourself from their meaning.

Most physicians can afford to buy a vowel. :cof:

NewGuy you have the most unbelievable ability to turn meanings into something that had no resemblence to what was actually said in the original Hebrew text (which I can read). Let me try again.

The fifty-third chapter of Isaiah describes profoundly and movingly the career of a Servant who, through his acts and suffering, fills a role in G-d's plan for mankind. The Christian Church has always pointed to this passage as a prophetic description of the life and death of Jesus of Nazareth. Most Christian scholars now honestly believe that Jesus was not, and could not have been, the Servant depicted in this scripture, and I would like to show why I believe thus, and whom I believe is the actual suffering Servant of G-d Himself.

By examining certain key phrases, basing our understanding on the original Hebrew-text, Christian scholars from all denominations see most clearly that any christological interpretation of this chapter is, at best, forced and baseless. For example, verse 10 in the Hebrew reads: " im taseem asham nafsho " (if his soul offers itself as a sin offering), "yireh zera, yaarikh yamim" (he shall see seed, prolong days). In other words, on the condition that the Servant willingly offers his soul as a sin offering, he shall have descendants and live a long life. Jesus died childless at the age of about thirty. Moreover, the passage says, "if", which means that the Servant has a choice - to obey or not to obey! According to Mark 14:36, Jesus was unwilling, yet did not have a choice. The same scripture says: " Ve HaShem (G-d) hafetz dakeo heheli " (and G-d desires to oppress him with disease). Jesus was never stricken by any oppressive disease. Verse 8 says: " mipesha ami nega lamo " (as the result of My people's sin were they... stricken). In other words, the Servant is a "they", not a "he"; a collective Servant, not a single person. Verse 9 says: " ve-et asheer bemotav..." (and with the wealthy, in his deaths...). "Motav" in Hebrew is plural, more than one death... many deaths, even millions of deaths! Verse 3 says: "he is despised and rejected of men". According to the Gospel tale, Jesus was popular and admired by the masses. This same verse describes the Servant as being a "man of pains", ( makhovot), "chronically diseased" (yedua holi). Neither of these descriptions fit Jesus. Moreover, verse 11 and 12 were never fulfilled in Jesus' life. He died frustrated and defeated.

Who, then is the despised, unattractive (verse 2) Servant who was considered, in every generation, to be stricken and punished by God (verse 4); when in reality he was being stricken by the sinning nations? Which Servant was labeled 'heretic' by the Church and burnt during the inquisition, the Crusades, the pogroms, etc...? In Chapter 52, verse 15, the kings of the Gentiles are the ones whose mouths shut in amazement, and these very rulers of the Gentiles confess and proclaim in Chapter 53, "Who would have believed what we've heard? Those coarse, "unbelieving" Jews who were led like sheep to the slaughter in gas chambers, infants and mothers, were the Servant(s) of G-d!

For centuries, the Jew has suffered because the gentiles sinned against him. Now it can be told! "Behold thou, Israel, My Servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham, My friend!" Isaiah 41:8. "Who is blind, but My Servant? Or deaf, as My messenger that I send" (chap. 42:10).

To get the identity of the servant, one must read the chapters beginning with 41 of Isaiah. Who do the Hebrew Scriptures of Israel reveal as the servant of the ETERNAL CREATOR? Beginning in chapter 41, the CREATOR's servant is Israel or Jacob, which is comprised of both Houses of Israel, Ephraim, and Judah.
Isa. 41:8-9 "But thou, Israel, art My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham My friend. Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art My servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away."

Here is the identity of the famous suffering servant. There is no need to speculate or hypothesize. The identity is clearly revealed as the nation of Israel. The servant is not a man at all, but an entire nation of people. Next, this servant is to be led by the Spirit of the CREATOR to bring judgment to the gentiles. How very plain that is. Isa. 42: 1-4 "Behold My servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom My soul delighteth; I have put My Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he has set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law."

It is very interesting to see the views of some bible commentaries on this issue. To define the issue in 'Christian' terms we will first quote a 'Christian.' Clark's Commentary says:

"That this chapter speaks of none but 'Jesus' must be evident to every unprejudiced reader who has ever heard the history of his suffering and death. The Jews have endeavored to apply it to their sufferings in captivity; but, alas for their cause! they can make nothing out in this way. Allowing that it belongs to our blessed 'Lord' (and the best men and the best scholars agree in this), then who can read verses 4 through 10 without being convinced that his death was a vicarious sacrifice for the sins of mankind?"

Dr. Clark as a Christian and attempts to defend the doctrines and traditions of his church. It has been noted that "the best men and scholars" he refers to are also Christian. His comments are clearly biased toward his personal beliefs, as his opening remarks illustrate.

From a different point of view note what the Collegeville Bible Commentary says:

"...this focuses on the coming transformation of the servant from extreme humiliation to glory. Since this change will be witnessed by kings and nations, ...the servant is the Israelite nation or someone who represents it."

Not to be deterred by the facts note that the Interpreters Bible states that 'Christians' are unconcerned:

"For the 'Christian' community this passage has a supreme significance; it depicts the life history of the 'Lord.' The church is not disturbed over discrepancies between the OT portrait [of this passage being about Israel and not a man] and the NT reality."

In other words, 'Christians' do not seem to mind that their claims of the servant being a man from Galilee are in clear contradiction to the context in Hebrew Scriptures for preceding chapters. This study will first show how these prophecies in Isaiah cannot possibly refer to the Galilean. Next, it will show how they do apply to the nation of Israel, which remember was made up of twelve tribes originally. Lastly, it will show that the tribe of Judah (the Jews of today) are specifically being refereed to in parts of Chapters 52 and 53 of Isaiah. If you begin by examining a few key verses and see how they cannot possibly refer to the man from Galilee.

Isaiah 52:14
Isa. 52:14 "As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men."

This verse is supposed to show the Galilean's ordeal and crucifixion. 'Christian' ministers have stated that he was so badly beaten by the Romans that even Mary Magdalene did not recognize him in the garden. The book of Luke, however, dispels this notion at once:

Luke 24:13-17,13 "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, 'Jesus' himself drew near, and went with them. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him."

If the Galilean had been beaten unrecognizable to even his closest friends, why did he have to supernaturally conceal himself from these men? Yet, according to Luke, he clearly could be recognized, so the 'Christian' argument of Isa. 52:14 being a prophecy of the disfigurement of a Galilean fades away.

No Jesus was not the Messiah in Isaiah.....

Originally posted by -=d=-

I think God would be pissed that you leave the 'o' out of His name.

Thou Shalt Not Take The Name of Thy G-d In Vain

But you two would have no concept of the meaning of this one of the ten commandments.

This means that you may use his name for things dealing with holyness and not profane it by conversing with idolators.

Originally posted by Mustafa

NewGuy you have the most unbelievable ability to turn meanings into something that had no resemblence to what was actually said in the original Hebrew text (which I can read). Let me try again.

I cannot read Hebrew.

That will not change in the next couple days, for sure.

I CAN research your point and verify wether you are correct, however.

THAT I will do.

Until then, I will reserve judgement on the validity of your post.

Regardless of your logic or interpretation, until the exact originality of text is determined, all further dialog is pointless.

I have argued many times the original Hebrew claimed what I said it did as by all of my evidence, I was correct.

Now you force me to dig deeper.

Rest assured, I will find the answer. When I do, I will post a reply.

Thou Shalt Not Take The Name of Thy God In Vain

But you two would have no concept of the meaning of this one of the ten commandments.

This means that you may use his name for things dealing with holyness and not profane it by conversing with idolators.

It's quite obvious you have no idea what 'taking a name in vain' means.

in vain:

1. To no avail; without success: Our labor was in vain.
2. In an irreverent or disrespectful manner: took the Lord's name in vain.

It's neither irreverent nor disrespectful to type 'God' or "JHWH", or Jahweh, Jesus, or JC, and such, when He is the topic of discussion, such as this.

Isaiah 52:14
Isa. 52:14 "As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men."

This verse is supposed to show the Galilean's ordeal and crucifixion. 'Christian' ministers have stated that he was so badly beaten by the Romans that even Mary Magdalene did not recognize him in the garden. The book of Luke, however, dispels this notion at once:

Luke 24:13-17,13 "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, 'Jesus' himself drew near, and went with them. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him."

If the Galilean had been beaten unrecognizable to even his closest friends, why did he have to supernaturally conceal himself from these men? Yet, according to Luke, he clearly could be recognized, so the 'Christian' argument of Isa. 52:14 being a prophecy of the disfigurement of a Galilean fades away.

No Jesus was not the Messiah in Isaiah.....

Upon His resurrection, Jesus's body had been supernaturally reconstructed, so that the wounds from His scourging were healed (though the Bible clearly says that the holes in His hands and feet were still there). It also states that Jesus is able to appear and disappear with His human body, in a way no other human can. So it is no stretch to me to see that Jesus would have been able to disguise Himself to the point where He would not be recognizable.

Sorry, your attempt to disprove Isaiah 53 fails again, ajpws/mustafa.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
besides him LOL

Adams and Washington are rumored to both have said it.

Adams in a document (Tripoli?), and Washington in a speech of some sort, but I have not yet seen proof or context.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Upon His resurrection, Jesus's body had been supernaturally reconstructed, so that the wounds from His scourging were healed (though the Bible clearly says that the holes in His hands and feet were still there). It also states that Jesus is able to appear and disappear with His human body, in a way no other human can. So it is no stretch to me to see that Jesus would have been able to disguise Himself to the point where He would not be recognizable. Sorry, your attempt to disprove Isaiah 53 fails again, ajpws/mustafa.

Convenient..... In Jesus spirit body, he was able to perform quick body changes like an actor on stage. His wounded body healed, except for holes left in his hands and feet, appear and disappear at will but the question remains why did he need to DECEIVE his own disciples and his followers like Mary, et al.?

Magic shows in Vegas and in Jesus' Jerusalem were not unknown tricks used to deceive the eye.

Isaiah was a prophet who had no need to deceive or fool anyone. G-d Almighty has no need to perform magic tricks or to use PRETENSE (Philippians 1:18) in order to convince humans that he is someone else.

You failed to try to explain the other Gospel contradictions in the same post.

No I think Isaiah did not refer to Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Adams and Washington are rumored to both have said it.

Adams in a document (Tripoli?), and Washington in a speech of some sort, but I have not yet seen proof or context.

it was just washington that I'm aware of.

Thou Shalt Not Take The Name of Thy G-d In Vain

Taking the Lords name in Vain is more than that. Besides you can speak His name if you arent profaning it.

But like i said its more than that. When we are baptized we make a covenant with God and take His name upon us. We profane His name when we willfully violate those covenants and pretend to be a disciple of Christ when we really arent.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

Taking the Lords name in Vain is more than that. Besides you can speak His name if you arent profaning it.

But like i said its more than that. When we are baptized we make a covenant with God and take His name upon us. We profane His name when we willfully violate those covenants and pretend to be a disciple of Christ when we really arent.

You are speaking like a gentile who has no idea of why G-d's name is not spelled out in full.

To avoid writing any name of G-d casually because of the risk that the written Name might later be defaced, obliterated or destroyed accidentally or by one who does not know better.

The commandment not to erase or deface the name of G-d comes from Deut. 12:3. In that passage, the people are commanded that when they take over the promised land, they should destroy all things related to the idolatrous religions of that region, and should utterly destroy the names of the local deities. Immediately afterwards, we are commanded not to do the same to our G-d. From this, we inferred that the commandment not to destroy any holy thing, and not to erase or deface the name of G-d.

But feel free to write out anything you want.

You are speaking like a gentile who has no idea of why G-d's name is not spelled out in full.

The commandment not to erase or deface the name of G-d comes from Deut. 12:3. In that passage, the people are commanded that when they take over the promised land, they should destroy all things related to the idolatrous religions of that region, and should utterly destroy the names of the local deities. Immediately afterwards, we are commanded not to do the same to our G-d. From this, we inferred that the commandment not to destroy any holy thing, and not to erase or deface the name of G-d.

But feel free to write out anything you want.

Well. Let's analyze this, shall we?

Deuteronomy chapter 12
King James Version
1 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the LORD God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth.
2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:
3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.
4 Ye shall not do so unto the LORD your God.

Interesting. You are told to DESTROY the places which do not serve your god. You are told to BURN THEIR GROVES WITH FIRE.

5 But unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come:
6 And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:

Where are YOUR sacrifices? You still have them regulary as the Old Testament demands, right? You claim the New Testament is false, so you MUST do these still. -And don't forget, you still have to burn and destroy.

7 And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee.

-And delight in it.

Is that being fulfilled by you?

By nature of what you claim, if you are not doing these things, you are not right with god.

Unless, of course, the New Testament is what it claims, and then we DO worship the same God and you do not have to worry.

And, it is quite funny you get on others for "false documentation" and yet you INFER your own text.

Nice.

Well. Let's analyze this, shall we?

Okay that sounds fair...

Deuteronomy chapter 12
King James Version
1 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the LORD God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth.
2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:
3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.
4 Ye shall not do so unto the LORD your God.

Interesting. You are told to DESTROY the places which do not serve your god. You are told to BURN THEIR GROVES WITH FIRE.

Slightly wrong interpretation..... Destroy those places and everything that belonged to those evil idolworshipors that descrate all that is holy and the land chosen by G-d for the Hebrew people. This has nothing to do with property, trees or anything else serving G-d. Just the Hebrew people who serve their Creator.

5 But unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come:
6 And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:

Where are YOUR sacrifices? You still have them regulary as the Old Testament demands, right? You claim the New Testament is false, so you MUST do these still. -And don't forget, you still have to burn and destroy.

Once the Holy Temple was destroyed, the sacrificial aspect was no longer commanded as there was no longer a Temple in which to perform the ritual sacrifices. That aspect was replaced by prayer, good deeds, mercy to their fellow man and repentence. Once the Temple is rebuilt then and only then will one come to give the best of their handiwork, sacrifce of the best produce, or cattle which gives evidence that man is willing to give his Creator the things bestowed on them by Him.

7 And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee.

-And delight in it.

Is that being fulfilled by you?

Yes.... Now that G-d's Holy Temple was destroyed by the gentiles and no longer can those who know the only G-d do other than rejoice in following His commandments of life. The L-rd G-d has set this place in Jerusalem for the children of Israel and until that Temple is rebuilt, it is no longer holy but Jewish men and women still go to the wall that is the only thing that remains of the second Temple to this very day. Jesus himself said that the temple would be destroyed and 'not one brick would remain' until he returns. Unfortunately, the outer wall remains standing to this day in testimony that Christ was in error.

By nature of what you claim, if you are not doing these things, you are not right with god.

By your interpretation only. If you could only read the words as they were written in their original language. The English translation cannot accurately depict the meaning as it is with all languages translated into another. See below.

http://bible.ort.org/books/torahd5.asp?action=displaypage&book=5&chapter=12&verse=1&portion=47

Unless, of course, the New Testament is what it claims, and then we DO worship the same God and you do not have to worry.

Jesus was the son who prayed to his Father. Not the same god by any stretch of the imagination.

And, it is quite funny you get on others for "false documentation" and yet you INFER your own text.

Actually it is just the reverse. You use the Old Testament (Torah) to validate the messianic prophecies. You twist and contort the original to FIT a religion created by a man named Paul of Tarsus and a pagan Roman called Constantine.

You are the one who uses another Bible to make yours appear to be valid. Take the Old Testament out of your faith and see what you have left. PAGANISM and the MYSTERY RELIGIONS of the Romans.

Nice.

Mustafa - you REALLY need to learn how to quote in replies. Your replies are so mixed up and sloppy they are too difficult to read.

You are losing your (weak) points in a mix of bold, italic, and other text.

Forum List

Back