Zone1 Christianity has new convert

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the Dutch-American women's rights activist, mother, and former politician who ruffled feathers by calling Islam a "nihilistic cult of death" beyond reforming, noted in UnHerd that atheism is a "weak and divisive doctrine" that offers no hope, no anchorage, and no defense against destructive forces at home and abroad.

Ali, who still lives under a fatwa, was raised Muslim in Somalia. In addition to suffering genital mutilation and getting married off to a distant cousin, she was told that many of the things she loved, including music, dancing, and movies, were accursed worldly pleasures and instruments of damnation. Her encounters with the Muslim Brotherhood in Kenya helped cement her antipathy for Islam.

Ali then became an atheist for a number of years but could not escape the vacuous nature of the nonbelief, seeing that it could not combat all the evil forces rising up to destroy humanity.

Not only that, she needed meaning in life and hope that can only come through the God of the Bible.

If there is no God, then the forces of evil will easily consume the globe from here on out. But with God, evil will ultimately fail as those who embrace it will have no hope of their own.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the Dutch-American women's rights activist, mother, and former politician who ruffled feathers by calling Islam a "nihilistic cult of death" beyond reforming, noted in UnHerd that atheism is a "weak and divisive doctrine" that offers no hope, no anchorage, and no defense against destructive forces at home and abroad.

Ali, who still lives under a fatwa, was raised Muslim in Somalia. In addition to suffering genital mutilation and getting married off to a distant cousin, she was told that many of the things she loved, including music, dancing, and movies, were accursed worldly pleasures and instruments of damnation. Her encounters with the Muslim Brotherhood in Kenya helped cement her antipathy for Islam.

Ali then became an atheist for a number of years but could not escape the vacuous nature of the nonbelief, seeing that it could not combat all the evil forces rising up to destroy humanity.

Not only that, she needed meaning in life and hope that can only come through the God of the Bible.

If there is no God, then the forces of evil will easily consume the globe from here on out. But with God, evil will ultimately fail as those who embrace it will have no hope of their own.
Prayed for her for a long time, like a St Monica for Augustine.
A spectacular woman, whose truth was put to the test by Muslims threats to kill her, an honest long stretch of atheism.

What most made me a fan was her undeniable statement as an atheist

10 yeas ago the Libertarians and Liberals deserted her for saying what is undeniably true

"“My observation is yes, Christianity is different from Islam…The worst thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the rudest thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the thing that made me most uncomfortable that a Christian said to me was ‘I’m going to pray for you. I hope you will be safe. I hope you will be redeemed.’ But within my own family and my own community, when I say I’m in doubt about the Koran and Muhammad and life after death and all that, it is ‘well, you are to die.’ So I just want to point out the differences between the religions…What makes me angry is the moral equivalence.”"

Forum List

Back