Christianity Declines, Unbelief Rises, Islam Fastest-Growing Faith in England

My apologies then. I thought this was another one of those scary Mulsim thread. My bad.

Quite frankly, I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. I don't know you from Adam but I wonder how you relate to the "disappearance of America"? Nearly everything that this country was founded upon is very quickly being either a., purposely bred out of us or b., being legislated or adjudicated out of us.

I'm an old man. I have lived a good life as an American citizen; but this is NOT the country I grew up in.

We denegrate and belittle those (like me) who profess a belief in Jesus Christ on a daily basis. We pass laws that stifle the free expression of Christianity ANYWHERE but a church. God help us if we offer a prayer for our country in public. I attended my Grand Son's "Winter Extravaganza" last night and never once was there a mention of "Christmas". Never once. But the last song was all about "inclusion". inclusion of WHAT, exactly?

Yet, we are told CONSTANTLY that we must make "allowances" for Muslims, and their beliefs and practices. Why exactly? I was traveling on business several years go and had a layover in Kansas City. The "Muslim" cab drivers were striking to get "foot baths" so they might pray on company time. I heard later that they struck, yet again, to refuse to accept any passenger that THEY felt was intoxicated, or had been drinking at all.

I can only imagine what the uproar might have been had a, say, Baptist or Lutheran done the same thing.

Again, this is NOT the country I grew up in. We use to open each day with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. Try that now and, most likely, you will be thrown into Federal prison.

I can relate to every word you said.

I remember a commerical for Oldsmobile some years back that said "this isn't your father's Olds".

Same for the country...not the one I grew up in and although still the greatest nation on earth... not one I particularly identify with any longer. But like you, I too wil be able to live the remainder of my life pretty much the way I lived the first part. The next generation isn't so lucky. They just don't realize it yet.
Actually, it's the country that all our forefathers fought for. Quit whining and be thankful that they didnt sit around whining like you do. Instead, their hard won prize is what gives you the right to sit around and whine.

Don't like it?

Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

This thread makes curious.

Do ever have threads where liberals whine about First Amendment rights?

It really seems like its always the rw's who want rights taken away from their fellow Americans.

Gee, thanks. I didn't ask you to nor do I see them as a threat personally but thanks for the protection. Do I owe you anything? :cool:

My apologies then. I thought this was another one of those scary Mulsim thread. My bad.

Quite frankly, I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. I don't know you from Adam but I wonder how you relate to the "disappearance of America"? Nearly everything that this country was founded upon is very quickly being either a., purposely bred out of us or b., being legislated or adjudicated out of us.

I'm an old man. I have lived a good life as an American citizen; but this is NOT the country I grew up in.

We denegrate and belittle those (like me) who profess a belief in Jesus Christ on a daily basis. We pass laws that stifle the free expression of Christianity ANYWHERE but a church. God help us if we offer a prayer for our country in public. I attended my Grand Son's "Winter Extravaganza" last night and never once was there a mention of "Christmas". Never once. But the last song was all about "inclusion". inclusion of WHAT, exactly?

Yet, we are told CONSTANTLY that we must make "allowances" for Muslims, and their beliefs and practices. Why exactly? I was traveling on business several years go and had a layover in Kansas City. The "Muslim" cab drivers were striking to get "foot baths" so they might pray on company time. I heard later that they struck, yet again, to refuse to accept any passenger that THEY felt was intoxicated, or had been drinking at all.

I can only imagine what the uproar might have been had a, say, Baptist or Lutheran done the same thing.

Again, this is NOT the country I grew up in. We use to open each day in school with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. Try that now and, most likely, you will be thrown into Federal prison.

Good Lord(just a figure of speech) the OP's article was about Brittan.

As far as the America you grew up with, (seems I'm a generation behind you) my America is also gone, it's called progress.

Frankly I don't care where you pray, how you pray, who you pray too, or if you pray at all. Also I don't think Muslims deserve any special treatment above any other religion or beliefs. In your example of the cab company, I think the cab company should fire them if they deny a fare because drinking offend their religion. Get another job then. But that's just me.

The road to islam goes right through secularism. In all the countries that has a fast rise in islam, they have already been secular for a number of years.

Wait, wait, wait...
Are you saying that somehow, because I don't believe in God, I'm going to start... believing in God?

I'm confused.

I don't think the poster is saying that at all. Unlike Muslims, it makes no difference to me what you believe in or don't believe in. You choose not to believe, no skin off my nose. However, your ideology of making certain that Muslims have their beliefs protected at all costs will serve to accomplish one thing - folks, like you, who choose not to believe in Alah, will be the first to have their heads severed at the neck. Congratulations!!

I had a feeling this was going to become a Scary Muslim thread.

Severed Heads??? Oh My!!!

Wait, wait, wait...
Are you saying that somehow, because I don't believe in God, I'm going to start... believing in God?

I'm confused.

I don't think the poster is saying that at all. Unlike Muslims, it makes no difference to me what you believe in or don't believe in. You choose not to believe, no skin off my nose. However, your ideology of making certain that Muslims have their beliefs protected at all costs will serve to accomplish one thing - folks, like you, who choose not to believe in Alah, will be the first to have their heads severed at the neck. Congratulations!!

The mooslims are coming! The mooslims are coming!:ack-1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC637PdFwg8]I'm so scared - YouTube[/ame]

:D:D

Again, this is NOT the country I grew up in. We use to open each day in school with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. Try that now and, most likely, you will be thrown into Federal prison.

Here we go again. Another thread of nutter rw's objecting to the First Amendment. R rather, objecting to First Amendment rights for anyone other than old white men.

Well, you'll find plenty of support here for your wacko beliefs.

Note to katzen-nutter - the tin foil in your beanie needs to be replaced.

Wow!! Who knew that an old man ( you have no idea of my ethnicity, however, I'm black, thank you) expressing his views would cause such consternation! What's next? you call me an "uncle Tom" for not towing the presidents line? Sorry, but that "ain't 'bout to happen 'Massa!"

My "wacko" beliefs? I merely pointed out MY experiences in my youth and it seemed to bother you greatly. That's unfortunate. I have no illusions whatsoever about convincing anyone, let alone someone as educated as you seem to be, about anything, let alone your non-belief or belief in a deity. Again, I couldn't care less about you, or what you believe. That's a personal choice. I profess Christianity and apparently, it bothers those on the left greatly.

I find it odd, however, that the attacks came swiftly. As soon as I posted. I can handle that with ease. I fought in Vietnam for your right to express your opinion any time you please and would do so again in a heartbeat (were I able) to ensure YOUR continued right to do so. I often wonder, however, if folks, like you, would be so willing to sacrifice YOUR freedoms to protect mine...Funny, but I have seen posts from the "educated" types like you on boards all over this country. I doubt that most of you could be bothered enough to wear the uniform.

Again, "object" to the first amendment? hardly.

I absolutely DO STAND by my statement: This is NOT the country that I grew up in. Some things are better. The only people that still refer to me as "******" are members of my own race who are too stupid to understand that they are STILL slaves. My Political Science Professor at the University of Louisville in 1973 (a white gentlemen) told me when I languished in the idea of "Black Power" that until "You wake up and smell the coffee" YOU can NOT change YOURSELF. God bless that man.

This country is following in the EXACT footsteps of England, (for the above referenced article). The GOP is, for the most part, finished in America. "Old People", regardless of race or gender, are merely "in the way" now. I get it.
I (and those of my generation) will be gone at some point and this mess that "you folks" are engineering by killing all that this country once was, will be left to you.

YOU get to explain to YOUR kids what the hell happened to THEIR country. Lets see if you are men and women enough to take the blame.

The unbelievers are growing faster than Islam. Don't worry we'll protect you from the mass hoads of Islamic boggiemen trying to enslave you.

Ill trust in God and protect myself, thank you very much. I would recommend you trust God and do the same.

Here we go again. Another thread of nutter rw's objecting to the First Amendment. R rather, objecting to First Amendment rights for anyone other than old white men.

How the heck does the first amendment have anything to do with census data from Great Britain?

This thread makes curious.

Do ever have threads where liberals whine about First Amendment rights?

It really seems like its always the rw's who want rights taken away from their fellow Americans.

you guys constantly complain about the First Amendment. How many threads have you guys started on Citizens United? How many anti-Christian threads have you guys started?

Of course, your question is based on a complete lie because no one has argued to take away anyones rights from any Americans in this thread. Hell, the thread is about census data in Great Britain. It would help if you read it sometime.

Wow!! Who knew that an old man ( you have no idea of my ethnicity, however, I'm black, thank you) expressing his views would cause such consternation! What's next? you call me an "uncle Tom" for not towing the presidents line? Sorry, but that "ain't 'bout to happen 'Massa!"

My "wacko" beliefs? I merely pointed out MY experiences in my youth and it seemed to bother you greatly. That's unfortunate. I have no illusions whatsoever about convincing anyone, let alone someone as educated as you seem to be, about anything, let alone your non-belief or belief in a deity. Again, I couldn't care less about you, or what you believe. That's a personal choice. I profess Christianity and apparently, it bothers those on the left greatly.

I find it odd, however, that the attacks came swiftly. As soon as I posted. I can handle that with ease. I fought in Vietnam for your right to express your opinion any time you please and would do so again in a heartbeat (were I able) to ensure YOUR continued right to do so. I often wonder, however, if folks, like you, would be so willing to sacrifice YOUR freedoms to protect mine...Funny, but I have seen posts from the "educated" types like you on boards all over this country. I doubt that most of you could be bothered enough to wear the uniform.

I absolutely DO STAND by my statement: This is NOT the country that I grew up in. Some things are better. The only people that still refer to me as "******" are members of my own race who are too stupid to understand that they are STILL slaves. My Political Science Professor at the University of Louisville in 1973 (a white gentlemen) told me when I languished in the idea of "Black Power" that until "You wake up and smell the coffee" YOU can NOT change YOURSELF. God bless that man.

This country is following in the EXACT footsteps of England, (for the above referenced article). The GOP is, for the most part, finished in America. "Old People", regardless of race or gender, are merely "in the way" now. I get it.
I (and those of my generation) will be gone at some point and this mess that "you folks" are engineering by killing all that this country once was, will be left to you.

YOU get to explain to YOUR kids what the hell happened to THEIR country. Lets see if you are men and women enough to take the blame.

How did the Vietnam war threaten free speech again?

I will stand up for your right of free speech.

Do the English have a constitutional right of free speech?

1. How did the Vietnam war threaten free speech again? You're showing your age sonny. What? 23-24? maybe 30? Vietnam was part of the Cold War and the fight against communism. Was it justified? They didn't pay me - a kid of 18 - to make those determinations. Unlike people like you, I didn't choose to run and hide. As an American, it was my duty to serve. Far be it for someone like you to judge me.

2. I will stand for your right of free speech. I'm sure you will. Until those like you can finally ban MY free speech "for the good of the state".

3. Do the English have a constitutional right of free speech? What's this? Your way of "baiting" me? Well, no they do not. However, The UK is known around the world for its respect for and tolerance of free speech. Although free speech has long been recognized as a common law right in Britain, it also has a statutory basis in Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights (the "Convention"), which has been incorporated into UK law by the Human Rights Act 1998.

In fact, Article 10 of the Convention goes beyond free "speech" and guarantees freedom of "expression," which includes not only the spoken word, but written material, images and other published or broadcast material.

Nice try Pseudo-intellectual. One of the great things about old age is that you can see an ambush a mile away. But you keep trying there, skippy.

Last edited:

1. How did the Vietnam war threaten free speech again? You're showing your age sonny. What? 23-24? maybe 30? Vietnam was part of the Cold War and the fight against communism. Was it justified? They didn't pay me - a kid of 18 - to make those determinations. Unlike people like you, I didn't choose to run and hide. As an American, it was my duty to serve. Far be it for someone like you to judge me.

2. I will stand for your right of free speech. I'm sure you will. Until those like you can finally ban MY free speech "for the good of the state".

3. Do the English have a constitutional right of free speech? What's this? Your way of "baiting" me? Well, no they do not. However, The UK is known around the world for its respect for and tolerance of free speech. Although free speech has long been recognized as a common law right in Britain, it also has a statutory basis in Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights (the "Convention"), which has been incorporated into UK law by the Human Rights Act 1998.

In fact, Article 10 of the Convention goes beyond free "speech" and guarantees freedom of "expression," which includes not only the spoken word, but written material, images and other published or broadcast material.

Nice try Pseudo-intellectual. One of the great things about old age is that you can see an ambush a mile away. But you keep trying there, skippy.

Wow. What bullshit rationalizations.

No one who fought in VN fought to protect our right to free speech.

No rights of ours were threatened by VN, let alone free speech.

We fought for nothing over there other than what started out as a pathetically stupid attempt to prop up French colonialism.

We fought for nothing over there other than what started out as a pathetically stupid attempt to prop up French colonialism.

So, obviously, I take it from your response that you never had the stones to do your "patriotic" duty, huh? That qualifies you as a coward. Nothing more and nothing less.

So, obviously, I take it from your response that you never had the stones to do your "patriotic" duty, huh? That qualifies you as a coward. Nothing more and nothing less.

My serving in the military is utterly irrelevant to you making bullshit rationalizations about the justifiability of the War in Vietnam, you stuttering old turd.

That qualifies you as an idiot.

The coward is the one who refuses to actually address what was stated and spouts irrelevancies that have no bearing what the actual subject.

My serving in the military is utterly irrelevant to you making bullshit rationalizations about the justifiability of the War in Vietnam, you stuttering old turd.

The coward is the one who refuses to actually address what was stated and spouts irrelevancies that have no bearing what the actual subject.

You see there skippy, this is exactly what my first reply is about. This country is NOT what it used to be. Losers, such as yourself, would rather 'debate" in time of war than do what is necessary. Young people, such as yourself, are the reason this country will fall. Americans (when called upon) do what they their country asks of them, regardless of the "justification". We can (and did) debate the issues once the threat (whether real or not) is taken care of. You, on the other hand, who seemingly has absolutely no sense of anything "bigger" than yourself, would run and hide rather that fight for "the man".

There isn't much required of any person to carry the name "American". Nothing much, really. However, the one thing that IS required is that a person, when called upon, runs TOWARD the call....not away from it. But I'm sure that you (if you were alive then) chose to run away, but after the war was finished, returned to your great life.

Sonny, you either stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. Looks as though you have made your choice.

Last edited:

You see there skippy, this is exactly what my first reply is about. This country is NOT what it used to be. Losers, such as yourself, would rather 'debate" in time of war than do what is necessary. Young people, such as yourself, are the reason this country will fall. Americans (when called upon) do what they their country asks of them, regardless of the "justification". We can (and did) debate the issues once the threat (whether real or not) is taken care of. You, on the other hand, who seemingly has absolutely no sense of anything "bigger" than yourself, would run and hide rather that fight for "the man".

No, it's cowards like you who don't have the brains or the balls to question if a war might be justified or necessary, and you fool yourself into thinking it's your duty, so you unquestioningly go.

You're a bullshit 'my country right or wrong' kind of old fool, and thinking clearly isn't your strong suit.

And I work for 'the man', Grandpa, so your fantasy about who I am must remain exactly that: a fantasy.
There isn't much required of any person to carry the name "American". Nothing much, really. However, the one thing that IS required is that a person, when called upon, runs TOWARD the call....not away from it. But I'm sure that you (if you were alive then) chose to run away, but after the war was finished, returned to your great life.

Sonny, you either stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. Looks as though you have made your choice.

Again, you've got a very active fantasy life for an old fool.

I 'run towards the call' every night I pull a shift, Grandturd, but I'm not so stupid to fight in something I don't believe in.

Not to worry. The idiotic type of robot you once were is dying out, and we're the better for it.

No, it's cowards like you who don't have the brains or the balls to question if a war might be justified or necessary, and you fool yourself into thinking it's your duty, so you unquestioningly go.

You're a bullshit 'my country right or wrong' kind of old fool, and thinking clearly isn't your strong suit.

And I work for 'the man', Grandpa, so your fantasy about who I am must remain exactly that: a fantasy.

I 'run towards the call' every night I pull a shift, Grandturd, but I'm not so stupid to fight in something I don't believe in.

Not to worry. The idiotic type of robot you once were is dying out, and we're the better for it.

You're right there skippy. My generation is, indeed, dying out. Probably a good thing as well. Leaving a country with people (such as yourself) who can't communicate without cursing (no doubt a product of your upbringing) is the natural order of things.

IF you procreate, and right now I would say that the chances are rather slim - "most" women are smarter than that, remember that it will be on YOU to tell your children that it was YOU and YOUR generation that destroyed the greatest nation on earth and turned us into a 3rd world banana republic.

Good luck to you. You have no idea how much you're going to need it. I feel nothing but pity for you.

You're right there skippy. My generation is, indeed, dying out. Probably a good thing as well. Leaving a country with people (such as yourself) who can't communicate without cursing (no doubt a product of your upbringing) is the natural order of things.

IF you procreate, and right now I would say that the chances are rather slim - "most" women are smarter than that, remember that it will be on YOU to tell your children that it was YOU and YOUR generation that destroyed the greatest nation on earth and turned us into a 3rd world banana republic.

Good luck to you. You have no idea how much you're going to need it. I feel nothing but pity for you.

Thanks for confirming that you're a complete idiot, unable to stay on topic, and you dream of a NeverNever Land country that never actually was.

Must suck to live in fear like you do, but I'm sure living on your knees is something you've gotten used to over time.

Forum List

Back