Christianity and Homosexuality

As many of you know, homosexuality is now "in."

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

So, what're Christians et al to do?

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?

For many Christians both then and now, it is a live and let live philosophy. If today's secular policies stopped people from being bullied, that is a plus. On the minus side is the idea that it is actually cool to be a homosexual or engage in that activity. It is confusing to many young teens. That is also on the minus side. There are also some preliminary studies out that tend to support the Biblical stance that gay sex and partnership has consequences and carries greater risks to both physical and emotional health. The emotional toll, it is being discovered, is not simply a consequence of earlier rejection. These studies also note that children growing up with gay parents have a much greater likelihood to reject one of their parents.

It is my opinion that heterosexuals--for a variety of reasons--should remain silent. How sad is it that for the sake of wanting to feel "cool" heterosexuals jump on the bandwagon to cheer for a homosexual lifestyle, apparently either oblivious or perfectly okay with encouraging people into a lifestyle fraught with physical and emotional difficulties? Nor is it within heterosexual's authority to shame homosexuals. We need to clean up the mess we've made of our own sexuality.

Some people commit adultery and their lives and the lives of others become shambles. Others commit the same sin and life remains a bowl of cherries. Homosexuals need to know there are odds. Some will beat them--a few more will not. It is their choice, their decision. They are the ones who must weigh the odds and then live with the choice. Christians are taught not to judge, and I believe this remains good advice. Don't judge gay as "in"; don't judge gay as an abomination. Be kind and love, and let that final judgement remain in the hands of a loving and merciful God.

As far as the left-handed/right-handed comparison--that is a logical fallacy and one that doesn't work well. Some left-handed people in my own family learn to use their right hands; some of us who are right-handed learned to use our left.

why does it have to be cool or not cool? How about just the way some people are? this is not about a fad like the length of shorts or color or hair. This is about the nature of some people and who they are attracted towards sexually.

Is it bad for me to ignore a liar who deliberately tries to manipulate me by using the term, "Holy Spirit"?

The spirit in you will lead you to truth if that is what you are seeking.

Is it bad for me to ignore a delusional person who thinks they are being lead by the "Holy Spirit"?

see the response ^ above

Is it bad for me to ignore someone who is genuinely being lead by the Holy Spirit?

Another question that you will have to find the answer for yourself.

What is the difference between the three scenarios? They look exactly the same to me since I can't read minds.

If anyone is lost let them seek wisdom. If they are seeking in truth they will find it. If they ignore the truth when it comes it can lead to some misery and tribulation.

One would think if we are all looking at the same item we could all see the same thing but I learned that is not true. People that refuse to look for truth cannot see it. Some people think they will find all of God's messages in a church and do not consider the daily messengers sent to them that could look like anyone off the street. (I say that from experience) You are free to accept that as truth or deny it. That is called freedom and liberty. Even if you cannot accept a message today it may make sense to you ten, twenty or thirty years or more from this day. When a person sleeps they can only view things from a carnal place and cannot see beyond even when it is shown to them or told to them.

I can believe a liar and feel good about it until the day I die.
And so the Lord gave adam a covering of grace for adam would not die in their own shame. The Lord also gives adam new skins.

If we have the freedom to disregard people who abuse the name of God or the name of the Holy Spirit doesn't that give people the freedom to disregard you when you abuse the name of God or the Holy Spirit?

It just seems to be to your disadvantage when you say, "they aren't really listening to God" "they aren't really a Christian" "the Holy Spirit didn't really tell them that". How are you going to be able to manipulate people if you give away the scam?
If someone is unable to hear that have no ears to hear.

Your phrasing >"they aren't really a Christian".

Most people cannot recognize the difference between the right hand or left hand of the spiritual hosts of humankind. Most think as carnal beings; It is human nature and so the beastly portion rules over each when they deny and refuse truth.

A test;

Let's say you have an important decision to make and we are having a brief conversation. I ultimately say "I know what I would do" but do not go into details and you do not ask. You make a bad choice of your own accord.

Is that your fault or mine that you made a bad choice?

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?
That's a decision that the head of your organized church group has to make.

Some churches are run by a head man. Others are run by some kind of council.

You can say the same thing about alcohol, polygamy, pedophilia, or even bestiality.

why does it have to be cool or not cool? How about just the way some people are? this is not about a fad like the length of shorts or color or hair. This is about the nature of some people and who they are attracted towards sexually.
Maybe bestiality will be cool someday too. Catherine the Great and Madonna both loved their horses, for example. I suspect a lot of girls also love their dogs and ponies.

Maybe bestiality will be cool someday too. Catherine the Great and Madonna both loved their horses, for example. I suspect a lot of girls also love their dogs and ponies.

Animal and snakes have long sexual animations of gods and fathered royals, demi-gods and heroes. They have been used for entertainment in arenas and coliseums to have sex with women.

Dolphins will actually rape swimmers.

Is it bad for me to ignore a liar who deliberately tries to manipulate me by using the term, "Holy Spirit"?

Is it bad for me to ignore a delusional person who thinks they are being lead by the "Holy Spirit"?

see the response ^ above

Is it bad for me to ignore someone who is genuinely being lead by the Holy Spirit?

What is the difference between the three scenarios? They look exactly the same to me since I can't read minds.

If anyone is lost let them seek wisdom. If they are seeking in truth they will find it. If they ignore the truth when it comes it can lead to some misery and tribulation.

One would think if we are all looking at the same item we could all see the same thing but I learned that is not true. People that refuse to look for truth cannot see it. Some people think they will find all of God's messages in a church and do not consider the daily messengers sent to them that could look like anyone off the street. (I say that from experience) You are free to accept that as truth or deny it. That is called freedom and liberty. Even if you cannot accept a message today it may make sense to you ten, twenty or thirty years or more from this day. When a person sleeps they can only view things from a carnal place and cannot see beyond even when it is shown to them or told to them.

And so the Lord gave adam a covering of grace for adam would not die in their own shame. The Lord also gives adam new skins.

If we have the freedom to disregard people who abuse the name of God or the name of the Holy Spirit doesn't that give people the freedom to disregard you when you abuse the name of God or the Holy Spirit?

It just seems to be to your disadvantage when you say, "they aren't really listening to God" "they aren't really a Christian" "the Holy Spirit didn't really tell them that". How are you going to be able to manipulate people if you give away the scam?

Most people cannot recognize the difference between the right hand or left hand of the spiritual hosts of humankind. Most think as carnal beings; It is human nature and so the beastly portion rules over each when they deny and refuse truth.

A test;

Let's say you have an important decision to make and we are having a brief conversation. I ultimately say "I know what I would do" but do not go into details and you do not ask. You make a bad choice of your own accord.

Mine.

Maybe bestiality will be cool someday too.

It's bizarre to me that it was so common in the Israel/Palestine part of the world that it needed to be addressed. Perhaps it will be a problem again. It seems strange but it also seems strange for a man to stick his penis inside of another man's butthole. That's strange too but today it is the most awesome accomplishment that a person can achieve.

I wouldn't be surprised if bestiality becomes a virtue in my lifetime.

It's bizarre to me that it was so common in the Israel/Palestine part of the world that it needed to be addressed. Perhaps it will be a problem again. It seems strange but it also seems strange for a man to stick his penis inside of another man's butthole. That's strange too but today it is the most awesome accomplishment that a person can achieve.
The Torah addresses everything.
It's the NT followers who scream about it all day long.
They don't scream against White Collar crime.

see the response ^ above

A test;

Mine.
Now take that bad decision you made another step. Let's say your decision affects me in a negative manner. What should I do at that point. Should I just let it go, let us both suffer the consequences of your bad decision or stand up to what I know as the truth of that matter?

The Torah addresses everything.
It's the NT followers who scream about it all day long.
They don't scream against White Collar crime.
Many are involved in those industries that are a portion in that white collar crime biz.

Now take that bad decision you made another step. Let's say your decision affects me in a negative manner. What should I do at that point. Should I just let it go, let us both suffer the consequences of your bad decision or stand up to what I know as the truth of that matter?

You should stand up to what you know as the truth of the matter. You know the truth. Everybody else is incorrect. You are the go to source for matters of truth. It's probably because you have that connection to the Holy Spirit.

Wait! I could ask my cousin Kate. She prays for guidance from the Holy Spirit too. This is getting too weird.

You honestly don't believe that your connection to the Holy Spirit is superior to the connection that other people have to the Holy Spirit. Why are you trying to lie to yourself by pretending like you are special when you know deep down that you are just like everybody else?

It is outrageously arrogant and insulting that you think you have a monopoly on truth and others who use the name of God are misguided in some way. You are insulting me but mostly you are scaring me.

I know you are being sincere. I was in your shoes at one point in my life. Trust me. You aren't the most important person on the planet. That's stupid.

You should stand up to what you know as the truth of the matter. You know the truth. Everybody else is incorrect. You are the go to source for matters of truth. It's probably because you have that connection to the Holy Spirit.

Wait! I could ask my cousin Kate. She prays for guidance from the Holy Spirit too. This is getting too weird.

You honestly don't believe that your connection to the Holy Spirit is superior to the connection that other people have to the Holy Spirit. Why are you trying to lie to yourself by pretending like you are special when you know deep down that you are just like everybody else?

It is outrageously arrogant and insulting that you think you have a monopoly on truth and others who use the name of God are misguided in some way. You are insulting me but mostly you are scaring me.

I know you are being sincere. I was in your shoes at one point in my life. Trust me. You aren't the most important person on the planet. That's stupid.
Your paranoid and if you are insulted that is a personally problem that you will have to work out for your self.

Your paranoid and if you are insulted that is a personally problem that you will have to work out for your self.

Perhaps. It appears to me that people say, "The Holy Spirit is leading me to do ......" but they are really and truly full of shit. Maybe that is just m paranoia acting up. It appears to me that people say, "God wants this" but they are really and truly full of shit. Then again maybe I am just paranoid.

I don't know.

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

Lesbianism isn't even mentioned in the Old Testament. The New Testament book of Romans is the only place that condemns female homosexuality.

The New Testament is actually more harsh on homosexuality than the Old Testament. The Old Testament approached it from a political perspective. The New Testament approaches it from a spiritual perspective. Romans chapter one is way more harsh than anything in Leviticus.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers,nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

There is passage in Proverbs that says let the drunkard drink his wine to ease his troubled soul.

I don't know.

how did you sneak back in gizmo?

Sick minded sexual perversion is an abomination, why choose to live a life of shame and guilt that results in death(AIDS) and eternal hell??

Forum List

Back