Christianity and Homosexuality

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
As many of you know, homosexuality is now "in."

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

So, what're Christians et al to do?

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

Lesbianism isn't even mentioned in the Old Testament. The New Testament book of Romans is the only place that condemns female homosexuality.

The New Testament is actually more harsh on homosexuality than the Old Testament. The Old Testament approached it from a political perspective. The New Testament approaches it from a spiritual perspective. Romans chapter one is way more harsh than anything in Leviticus.

Lesbianism isn't even mentioned in the Old Testament. The New Testament book of Romans is the only place that condemns female homosexuality.

The New Testament is actually more harsh on homosexuality than the Old Testament. The Old Testament approached it from a political perspective. The New Testament approaches it from a spiritual perspective. Romans chapter one is way more harsh than anything in Leviticus.

yes -- you are following Paul, not Jesus.

Jesus warned you about wolves in sheep's clothing and false prophets several times, yet precious few Christians place their trust in Jesus rather than Paul.

Why?.

It's pretty simple. Don't agree with homosexuality? Don't be a homosexual.

The Bible preaches more against eating shrimp than it does homosexuality, but nobody seems to give a fuck.

It's such an incredibly silly taboo. People should concern themselves with actual morality instead of preserving these rigid social conventions of societies long dead.

If people cannot prove one person or one group is harming another by their actions, they are not dealing in morality, but mere prejudice.

Being gay is no more immoral than being left handed.

It's such an incredibly silly taboo. People should concern themselves with actual morality instead of preserving these rigid social conventions of societies long dead.

If people cannot prove one person or one group is harming another by their actions, they are not dealing in morality, but mere prejudice.

I hate left handed people.

Being left handed doesn't cause anal tearing. The Red Cross hasn't deemed the blood of left handed people to be unacceptable. Try to stop being dishonest. Anal sex is way more dangerous than other types of sex. According to New Testament scripture faithfulness is not part of the mindset of a homosexual. Homosexuals are more likely to have intercourse with multiple partners than heterosexuals.

As many of you know, homosexuality is now "in."

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

So, what're Christians et al to do?

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?
Best advice ever given concerning the scriptures, 'Read the Bible like every word is speaking to you personally'. When people come to that realization that they are 'Adam- red (red earth' that radical portion pouring out seeds) the human' and that spirit of the Lord awakens them from being asleep with their own riyb 'a case at law, strife or contention' their world begins to change.

Best advice ever given concerning the scriptures, 'Read the Bible like every word is speaking to you personally'. When people come to that realization that they are 'Adam- red (red earth' that radical portion pouring out seeds) the human' and that spirit of the Lord awakens them from being asleep with their own riyb 'a case at law, strife or contention' their world begins to change.

Will you stand by that even if I showed you scriptures that tell you how to interact with other people?

Will you stand by that even if I showed you scriptures that tell you how to interact with other people?
You can quote whichever scriptures you desire but if you cannot grasp first that the awakening happens to 'ones self' first it may not help with anything other than confusion. The majority of people do not know the difference between the right hand and the left hand. Even those who have dedicated their whole lives to study can only get the portions that the spirit allows them to grasp.

You can quote whichever scriptures you desire but if you cannot grasp first that the awakening happens to 'ones self' first it may not help with anything other than confusion. The majority of people do not know the difference between the right hand and the left hand. Even those who have dedicated their whole lives to study can only get the portions that the spirit allows them to grasp.

The Bible is deliberately ambiguous to create appeal to a wider audience.

Without the Holy Spirit to guide a person through the Bible or any other scroll inspired by the Holy Spirit that has been written through the ages cannot be fully understood without that Holy Spirit leading the way. That serves Jehovah's purpose also. As the Believer grows spiritual more is given to understand. As a child you think as a child (that has nothing to do with human age. It is a spiritual thing).

Without the Holy Spirit to guide a person through the Bible or any other scroll inspired by the Holy Spirit that has been written through the ages cannot be fully understood without that Holy Spirit leading the way. That serves Jehovah's purpose also. As the Believer grows spiritual more is given to understand. As a child you think as a child (that has nothing to do with human age. It is a spiritual thing).

I know some people in my life that was lead by the Holy Spirit to do some catastrophically stupid things. I'm not sure I'd be willing to rely on the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit doesn't seem to give very good guidance.

I know some people in my life that was lead by the Holy Spirit to do some catastrophically stupid things. I'm not sure I'd be willing to rely on the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit doesn't seem to give very good guidance.
Maybe that wasn't the Holy Spirit? Luke 9:55

Maybe that wasn't the Holy Spirit? Luke 9:55

They said it was the Holy Spirit.

It is Biblically forbidden in the Torah for two males to engage in anal intercourse in public.
The laws of the witnesses and the two males make it almost impossible to prosecute the case in a court of law.

Forum List

Back