Christian Views on Homosexuality

Hey it was Allie who neg reped and personally attacked me so don't act like I'M the instigator.
You aren't the only one; that's definite. The odd thing is, I think you and I are on the same page on a lot of this (beliefs or lack of aside). No offense, but I think I am a lot calmer about it all. So, where does this all go from here?

It's difficult. The religious believe their religion is being attacked if you ask them to just stop throwing it in my face. They insist this is a Christian nation. They tell people, "If you don't like it, move to another country", as if they have that right.

When you point out supremely obvious facts, such as, those in Iran are undergoing a revolution because they are trying to get religion out of government, they can't see the connection between what the government of that country is doing and what they want to do here.

When you point out that many religious and political leaders in this country have talked about "rounding up the gays" and "gays are the fault of Katrina and 9/11" and attempts to keep gays from teaching or having any type of protections. The problems with gays not being allowed to visit a partner in the hospital or create a binding will. If you bring any of this up, the same right wing leaders will say, "Oh, you're making me cry. Boo hoo".

When you are a veteran, you can get VA benefits, including a guaranteed housing or loan or education benefits. Things denied to gays. Even when we have gay soldiers from other countries who have secret clearances walking through our Pentagon. We can't ban them because they are our allies. Isn't that funny?

All of it. the gay hatred, wanting to teach mysticism in public schools. It's all based on that crappy occult. There is no reason there. There is nothing there to reason with. They have God on their side.

ALL religions are bankrupt, ya glorious dingleberry. Then, there is that really vile one that ignores it's own precepts and exaggerates the good . Tell me, which ONE is that, pray tell? Can’t tell them apart, except for Sept. 11, 2001. Then the sarcasm sort of evaporates, sweet pea. Islam loses it’s allure bigtime.

Hey it was Allie who neg reped and personally attacked me so don't act like I'M the instigator.
You aren't the only one; that's definite. The odd thing is, I think you and I are on the same page on a lot of this (beliefs or lack of aside). No offense, but I think I am a lot calmer about it all. So, where does this all go from here?

It's difficult. The religious believe their religion is being attacked if you ask them to just stop throwing it in my face. They insist this is a Christian nation. They tell people, "If you don't like it, move to another country", as if they have that right.

When you point out supremely obvious facts, such as, those in Iran are undergoing a revolution because they are trying to get religion out of government, they can't see the connection between what the government of that country is doing and what they want to do here.

When you point out that many religious and political leaders in this country have talked about "rounding up the gays" and "gays are the fault of Katrina and 9/11" and attempts to keep gays from teaching or having any type of protections. The problems with gays not being allowed to visit a partner in the hospital or create a binding will. If you bring any of this up, the same right wing leaders will say, "Oh, you're making me cry. Boo hoo".

When you are a veteran, you can get VA benefits, including a guaranteed housing or loan or education benefits. Things denied to gays. Even when we have gay soldiers from other countries who have secret clearances walking through our Pentagon. We can't ban them because they are our allies. Isn't that funny?

All of it. the gay hatred, wanting to teach mysticism in public schools. It's all based on that crappy occult. There is no reason there. There is nothing there to reason with. They have God on their side.

No, we have freedom of speech and religion on our side.

We don't want religion taught in schools. We want children who are religious to be allowed to pray in school, we don't want schools that pray punished, and we want the mysticism of the evolution of man to be taught as a THEORY alongside other theories, including the theory that God created man, or eliminated as the others have been.

I understand. I posted a quote from a Republican politican earlier about how the RR (religious right) is politically pushy. That has always left a foul taste in my mouth because, fundamentally, it is an authoritarian approach. I am no fan of authoritarian ideals, whether from the socially left or socially right.

We need to keep focused on what the Constitution allows - for the religious and for those who are not. As long as we do that, I think this country will be fine.

On the other side of the coin, the desire of those who are non-believers to infringe on a believer's right to practice or even talk about their beliefs that gives me concern as well.

We don't want religion taught in schools. We want children who are religious to be allowed to pray in school, we don't want schools that pray punished, and we want the mysticism of the evolution of man to be taught as a THEORY alongside other theories, including the theory that God created man, or eliminated as the others have been.

What about the THEORY that we were created by ALIENS? Can't forget that one now can you?

What about the THEORY that we were created by ALIENS? Can't forget that one now can you?

If you want to teach the THEORY that we are somehow descended from nothing, then by all means. So long as you spend equal time and give equal serious attention to all the creation theories.

It's equally possible, and equally impossible to prove. So it should either be there, or the theory of the evolution of man from a microrganism should be deleted.

Far easier for some. Not for all. And it's never been proven, so exists only as a theory. Just like the biblical theory.

Teach all theories or none.

As far as creationism being taught in a science class, I am against that. No scientific theory is proven, only disproven. Theories are supported, though.

I have no issues with it being taught is a social studies or philosophy class along with other philosophies, though.

Being well-informed on social issues is in the best interests of our students.

The current revolution in Iran is because the people want religion out of government. Because the founder of Islam, Judaism and Christianity was Abraham, except for some cultural differences and a few religious characters playing different roles (Jesus the prophet, Jesus the deity), the beliefs are remarkably similar.

If this happened in this country, you would have Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause.

You have no clue what you are talking about, in any part of this statement.

Actually, a lame "retort" is, "You have no clue what you are talking about" and then leaving it there. You can't call it an "argument" because you didn't argue. It's ok, I don't expect you to. The reason? Because you can't.

I'm right about Iran.

I'm right about the Abrahamic religions (why do you think they are called the Abrahamic religions?)

And I'm right about Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause over the murder of the gays.

And I'm right that you don't have a clue. That makes me four for four and you zero for one. Pity. Not so "smart" after all, eh?

Just because they claim a character in common, does not mean they are the same basic religion. They are different religions, and do not agree in most aspects of their religions. The Jewish faith is the foundation of the Christian faith, and we do not claim any different characters, of change their titles. Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah, but everything in their Bible, and in the rest of the Christian Bible does say that He is.Many Jews have recognized that, and they are reaching out to the rest of the Jewish community to show them that Jesus really is the Messiah.

Islam changes the titles of characters, picks and chooses parts of the Bible to use, and rewords some of it. The God of the Jewish and Christian Bibles is not the same God as that of the Muslim scriptures.

In any case, you don't believe this, and that is up to you. I'll not try to convince you, that is the task of the Holy Spirit.

Oh, If my response was so lame, why did you respond the same way? LOL

It's clear to me you neither understand the constitutional freedoms, nor evolution, yet draw conclusions and speak as if you do. There's a term for that: ignorance.

You see, you have *freedom* of religion, which refers to the right to believe any religious practice. That does not, by extension, grant you the right to practice any religious event as you see fit whenever and wherever you'd like. For example, take the Hawaiian case where a man insisted smoking marijuana was part of his religion. Guess what happened to him? The Supreme Court ruled "the free exercise clause of the First Amendment is not a viable defense".

The *purpose* of public school is education. If you enroll your child in public school, expect them to be there for education, not praying. Similarly, you should not expect them to be able to bring guns to school, despite their constitutional right.

Far easier for some. Not for all. And it's never been proven, so exists only as a theory. Just like the biblical theory.

Teach all theories or none.
Now that we've established that schools are for learning, I will extend that to say learning things that are true or otherwise supported. The bible is not supportive evidence of creationism. Your "theory" is a layperson theory, equivalent to a hunch or a guess. A scientific THEORY, on the other hand, is as close as you can get to fact. Gravity, for example, is also a scientific theory, holding the same weight as evolution. Nothing in your book can possible dissuade intelligent teachers from believing in either evolution nor gravity.

The fact that YOU don't understand evolution but believe it to be incorrect, doesn't mean that future generations should be as equally blindly ignorant. If you'd like to enter into a discussion on what evolution is, I'll start by shooting down all the things you believe it is which are completely incorrect (for example, evolution has nothing to do with creation from nothing - one myth you already brought up).

So after every ruling board has thoroughly dismissed ignorant hick attempts to get creationism in the classroom, the only question remains is: Do you want your children to be smarter than you or not?

Forum List

Back