Christian Views on Homosexuality

So what? Pizza parlors leave fliers on people's doors as well. Likewise, we get bombarded with political bullshit every day through advertising and billboards.

Should all of that be illegal, too? Or only the Christian ones?

And sorry, loser, my God is already in YOUR LAWS, if you live in the US. My God is the reason we have a free nation, and people are given the liberty to speak, worship and write as they please.

If you don't like it, move the fuck on. Of course, you'll have to borrow money from daddy first, and move out of the basement....

A pizza is real.

My God is the reason we have a free nation

First, that's not even true. People came here escaping religious persecution. Did you even go to school?
Where does it say in the law I have to listen to supernatural and occult nonsense? The next thing you will be telling us is "Noah's Ark" is a historical event.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what? Pizza parlors leave fliers on people's doors as well. Likewise, we get bombarded with political bullshit every day through advertising and billboards.

And sorry, loser, my God is already in YOUR LAWS, if you live in the US. My God is the reason we have a free nation, and people are given the liberty to speak, worship and write as they please.

If you don't like it, move the fuck on. Of course, you'll have to borrow money from daddy first, and move out of the basement....

A pizza is real.
So is speech.

No. Fuck you. You've shown the respect you have for your fellow man. You have so much respect for him that you're ready to rip the constitution apart in order to assure yourself complete isolation from varying points of view. You want to force ppl of faith into hiding and isolation, so you can stroll down the street without being "subjected" to anything you don't want to hear.

Nice. And did I say fuck you? You realize, despite the disproportionate number of losers like yourself that show up on internet message boards, despite that, you are still the minority. In what is still a democratic republic.

No, he's saying keep our religion out of politics and national law. kthanx

A pizza is real.
So is speech.

Which is why we have laws telling people they can't shout "fire" in a crowed theater or make threats.

So is speech.

Which is why we have laws telling people they can't shout "fire" in a crowed theater or make threats.
How is it that shouting fire in a theater equates to another speaking about their religion in your mind?

Ask the gays.

This country is technologically the greatest nation on earth. However, we are losing that edge. Those with a mystical background are convincing Americans to turn away from science. How many Einsteins and Curies have we lost because of those turning off their children to science? Less than 6% of scientists are Republicans. They used to be in the majority. For a country such as ours, this is devastation.

How is it that shouting fire in a theater equates to another speaking about their religion in your mind?

Ask the gays.
dodge.jpg

Why so much illogical thought processes? Are you uneducated?

Why, it's not the bible that feels a need to talk about assfucking? Why does the bible even mention it? Was there an epidemic of people going around assfucking each other that the bible needed to address it? :lol:
So, you are both uneducated and obsessed with who is fucking whom. The irony.

dogbreath, stop skirting the issue: why does the bible have to address assfucking at all? It's christians who bring it up in the bible.

Sunni, go buy a bible, it's the story about adam and eve, read up on it.

gayshangingiran-1.jpg

Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: "We have no homosexuals in Iran"

The current revolution in Iran is because the people want religion out of government. Because the founder of Islam, Judaism and Christianity was Abraham, except for some cultural differences and a few religious characters playing different roles (Jesus the prophet, Jesus the deity), the beliefs are remarkably similar.

If this happened in this country, you would have Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause.

You have no clue what you are talking about, in any part of this statement.

Why, it's not the bible that feels a need to talk about assfucking? Why does the bible even mention it? Was there an epidemic of people going around assfucking each other that the bible needed to address it? :lol:
So, you are both uneducated and obsessed with who is fucking whom. The irony.
Sunni, go buy a bible, it's the story about adam and eve, read up on it.

You claimed that Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden for having hetero sex.

I looked in the Bible and it doesn't say anything like that.

Please provide chapter and verse.

Or else just admit you are again making things up as usual.

I think you have more questions about the Bible than about how Christians feel about it. You clearly need to do some Bible study, though, because there is a very large number of verses that can address homosexuality, from various perspectives. For example, The Bible is very clear on what marriage is according to God. Marriage is between one man and one woman. (Clearest in the NT) It is clear that sex outside of marriage is sin. Therefore, when a person has sex outside of marriage, they are in sin. This would clearly mean that since gay marriage is not God's plan, it is outside of marriage, according to God. Thus it is sin.

One must study the Bible in more ways than just topical. one has to look at various angles of an issue.

There is not a difference in the God of the OT and of the NT. Because of what God was doing in the OT, establishing a kingdom, and designing the boundaries, He worked in some really radical ways. In the NT, The kingdom was established by definition, and design, and Jesus was the King of that Kingdom. God began to work in a different way. However, God did not change in character. In the NT God became more personal with the people of the Kingdom, because He designed the Kingdom as a body who has a real and personal relationship with Him through the Holy Spirit.

The OT was elementary school, and now we are in high school. We can take in more, but, by design, the reason we can is because the Holy Spirit enables us to do so. God gave the laws of the OT to show mankind that they were not able to abide by a righteous standard. We would violate His laws. Once He established that, He made a way, because of His awesome love, to be forgiven. He showed that all through the OT, but in the NT He gave the true Lamb for the eternal, once needed sacrifice for all who will accept it.

The OT is as significant as the NT. One must learn to walk before they can learn to run. In the NT it is like this, as babies in Christ we need the milk of the word, but when we mature it is the meat that will be our strength. The OT is the milk, and the NT is the meat.

So in other words all of you "Christians" can pick and choose which laws to live by? HMMM seems like BLATANT hypocrisy doesn't it?

Nope. We don't do that. We study the scripture, unlike you, and we know where the laws actually apply.

You might wanna try study sometime...Not!

I know the kitten has a problem with wiki, but, shit..........

Book of Leviticus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Leviticus)

Books of the Torah

1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. Numbers
5. Deuteronomy

Leviticus (Greek: Λευιτικός, "relating to the Levites") or Vayikra (Hebrew: ויקרא, literally "and He called") is the third book of the Hebrew Bible/Christian Old Testament, and the third of five books of the Jewish Torah or Pentateuch.

Leviticus contains laws and priestly rituals, but in a wider sense is about the working out of God's covenant with Israel set out in Genesis and Exodus - what is seen in the Torah as the consequences of entering into a special relationship with God (specifically, Yahweh). These consequences are set out in terms of community relationships and behaviour.

The first 16 chapters and the last chapter make up the Priestly Code, with rules for ritual cleanliness, sin-offerings, and the Day of Atonement, including Chapter 12 which mandates male circumcision. Chapters 17-26 contain the Holiness Code, including the injunction in chapter 19 to "love one's neighbor as oneself" (the Great Commandment). The book is largely concerned with "abominations", largely dietary and sexual restrictions. The rules are generally addressed to the Israelites, except for the prohibition in chapter 20 against sacrificing children to Molech, which applies equally to "the strangers that sojourn in Israel."

According to tradition, Moses authored Leviticus[1] as well as the other four books of the Torah [2]. Modern biblical scholars believe Leviticus to be almost entirely from the priestly source (P), marked by emphasis on priestly concerns, composed c 550-400 BC, and incorporated into the Torah c 400 BC.[3]
Contents

Now, I ask yet again..........if Christians won't follow Catholic doctrine and ritual in their churches, why then do they continually decide to quote things from a BOOK FOR THE JEWISH HIGH PRIESTS! THE LEVITES!

Oh yeah.........I remember now........they like to cherry pick things out of the Bible to support their own bigotry and hatred.

Sunni, since you play-doh muslims seem to know everything (but never invented anything more than cooking your food with dried camel dung), why don't you tell me why they were kicked out of eden?

gayshangingiran-1.jpg

Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: "We have no homosexuals in Iran"

The current revolution in Iran is because the people want religion out of government. Because the founder of Islam, Judaism and Christianity was Abraham, except for some cultural differences and a few religious characters playing different roles (Jesus the prophet, Jesus the deity), the beliefs are remarkably similar.

If this happened in this country, you would have Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause.

You have no clue what you are talking about, in any part of this statement.

Actually, a lame "retort" is, "You have no clue what you are talking about" and then leaving it there. You can't call it an "argument" because you didn't argue. It's ok, I don't expect you to. The reason? Because you can't.

I'm right about Iran.

I'm right about the Abrahamic religions (why do you think they are called the Abrahamic religions?)

And I'm right about Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause over the murder of the gays.

And I'm right that you don't have a clue. That makes me four for four and you zero for one. Pity. Not so "smart" after all, eh?

A pizza is real.

My God is the reason we have a free nation

First, that's not even true. People came here escaping religious persecution. Did you even go to school?
Where does it say in the law I have to listen to supernatural and occult nonsense? The next thing you will be telling us is "Noah's Ark" is a historical event.
A simple click of a switch should remedy your personal problems.

Sunni, since you play-doh muslims seem to know everything (but never invented anything more than cooking your food with dried camel dung), why don't you tell me why they were kicked out of eden?

Actually, it was Adam and Eve that were kicked out of Eden.

Abraham was traveling through Egypt when he and his wife Sarah were taken prisoner by pharoh. When asked, Abraham told them that Sarah was his sister, so instead of killing him, pharoh tried to buy Sarah with a dowry.

When God came to pharoh in a dream and told him that Sarah was actually married to Abraham, and that pharoh would die if he married Sarah, pharoh gave Abraham gold and servants to take with him on his way out of Egypt, one of which was an Egyptian princess named Hagar, who later bore a son for Abraham named Ishmael.

When Hagar started to disrespect Sarah (her mistress) over the fact that she couldn't bear children, Sarah dealt with it for a while until Issac came along, and then Hagar and Ishmael were kicked out of the tribe of Abraham, where they traveled to Saudi Arabia and started IsLAME at the site of the Zam Zam well.

The MusLAMES weren't kicked out of Eden, they were kicked out of Abraham's tribe.

why don't you tell me why they were kicked out of eden?

Genesis 2:17: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam and Eve's sin was disobeying God.

Their punishment was to to be kicked out of the Garden of Eden and face mortal death as a human on the Earth.

There is nothing about them having sex.

Yes, yet another gay marriage thread! If you're not interested, by all means pass this one up.

These are some questions I have for any Christian really, but specifically any Christian who is against gay marriage (which is many, I would assume).

I understand that the Bible has a few passages which condemn homosexuality as a sin, one in particular describing it as an "abomination." There can be no debate that in the Christian religion, homosexuality is considered a sin. There CAN be debate as to whether the fact that something is considered a sin in a particular religion should be cause to make it illegal, but that's not what I want to focus on in this thread.

What I DO want to focus on here are the specific verses in the Bible which condemn homosexuality. These verses are found in the Old Testament.

I have heard conflicting opinions from Christians on how important the books of the Old Testament are to Christianity. There are obvious differences between the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament, and I have heard many Christians account for this by saying something to the effect that God's word changed with the coming of Jesus. It was no longer so much about the practices and strict behavioral outlines put forth in the Old Testament as it was about accepting Jesus' sacrifice and believing in him, as stressed in the New Testament.

So, it seems that to many Christians the New Testament is much more important than the Old. However, I'm sure there would be many (and I would be inclined to agree with them) who would say that whether or not the New Testament is more important to Christians, the Old Testament cannot be disregarded completely. It contains countless important and fascinating stories and accounts that Christians still cherish, and countless laws and commandments that Christians still abide by.

So, it does make sense to me that, even to Christians, the Old Testament should still have authority. So verses such as these...

Leviticus 18:22 - "You shall not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13 - "If there is a man who lies with a man as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

...should not be forgotten by Christians just because they are found in the Old Testament.

Of course, as we all know, these two verses most definitely have NOT been forgotten by Christians.

If Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 carry as much weight as they do in the Christian community, the Old Testament obviously cannot and should not be disregarded. So why are verses such as these...

Leviticus 18:19 - "Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness during her menstrual impurity."

Leviticus 20:18 - "If there is a man who lies with a menstrous woman and uncovers her nakedness, he has laid bare her flow, and she has exposed the flow of her blood; thus both of them shall be cut off from among their people."

...not regarded as highly as the ones forbidding homosexual sex? These two verses are both within just a few verses as the two which forbid homosexuality, and yet you don't often hear Christians preaching about the evils of having sex with a woman while she's on her period. But shouldn't the fact that sex with a menstruating woman is right next to same-sex relations on God's list of immoral sexual acts make doing so just as immoral as homosexuality?

Here are several more Old Testament verses...

Leviticus 20:10 - "If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife...the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 - "If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods'...you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people."

Deuteronomy 14:8 - "And the pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses."

Deuteronomy 14:22 - "You shall surely tithe all the produce from what you sow, whic comes out of the field every year."

Deuteronomy 22:11 - "You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together."

Deuteronomy 22:22 - "If a man is found lying with a married woman, then both of them shall die; the man who lay with the woman, and the woman."

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 - "If a man finds a girl who is a virgin, who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her and they are discovered, then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall become his wife because he has violated her; he cannot divorce her all his days."

Deuteronomy 23:1 - "No one who is emasculated, or has his male organ cut off, shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

Deuteronomy 23:2 - "No one of illegitimate birth shall enter the assembly of the Lord; none of his descendants, even to the tenth generation, shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

Deuteronomy 23:19-20 - "You shall not charge interest to your countrymen; interest on money, food, or anything that may be loaned at interest. You may charge interest to a foreigner, but to your countryman you shall not charge interest."

...that you don't often see Christians abiding by or seeming to give much thought to at all.

So my question is this: the verses in Leviticus which condemn homosexuality are no more holy than the other Levitical laws against immoral sexual acts, or any of the other Levitical laws for that matter...or any of the other verses throughout the Old Testament.

So why is the fact that homosexuality is considered a sin clung to so fervently by so many Christians, when the fact that having sex with a woman on her period, wearing clothes made of both linen and wool, charging interest to your countrymen, eating pork, and being an illegitimate child are all considered sins of the same caliber by the same Biblical standards? Are these of God's laws not as important as the one that forbids homosexuality?

I'd appreciate if there is anyone here who would be able to clarify to me what it is about the Biblical laws forbidding same-sex relations that elevate them above other Biblical laws put forth in the same books of the Bible by the same God.
Nothing is "elevated". People go by what is in their hearts and what they have learned. All children do not grow at the same pace. God's children are much the same. Some get sidetracked and all are subjected.

The Bible is meant to be a personal guide. It is up to you personal to kill these things within your life that inhibits a personal relationship with God. Each portion of scripture is piece and a portion of learning how to overcome the things of the world.

Then of course if you do not believe the Bible is of no effect for you. For those who do believe it is the guide, their tools and toolbox. Jesus told his disciples to examine themselves. Paul talked about circumcision and detailed in Chapter 5 of Galatians about it. "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another."Paul went on to say, "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

I believe the majority of Christians that you are against are those who do not wish to follow in the footsteps of Sodom and Gomorrah.
"And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;"

So tell me what is going to happen when Hispanics become the MAJORITY and then Catholocism becomes the dominant religion? According to you "Christians" then they will be able to ENFORCE through legislation on the rest of Americans. Some pretty strict doctrines in Catholocism. Like NO CONTRACEPTION, NO DIVORCE, and any host of other RELIGIOUS LAW. I often try to get people to think about what happens when the OTHER side gets to legislate THEIR laws.

Forum List

Back