Christian Street Preachers Assaulted at Gay Pride Festival

Typical Christians. Didn't know it was okay to use violence against someone who has done you no harm. Must have missed that part in the Bible.

Noomi, you'll notice that Koshergrl was referring to Christians who won't think twice about FIGHTING BACK, which implies that harm was indeed done to them. When you "fight back," that terminology implies that someone else was the aggressor.

The Christians were attacked ONLY because they caused trouble, screaming and insulting the people marching. Sometimes, you get what you deserve.

Perhaps you can point out where that happened, and explain why insulting me means I can beat the crap out of you. In the meantime, I am going to hop a plane and come beat the crap out of you for insulting me.

:eusa_whistle:

And if the same people had gotten beaten up at their OWN parade, say a Christian pride parade..you would still say they brought it upon themselves.

What you are saying, and always say, is that attacking Christians is okay, and they have it coming. You would have made a great nazi, and i've no doubt you will make a good one yet.

If the gays turned up at a Christian parade, or an anti gay marriage march, they should be hauled away on their asses. I expect people to respect each other, and that means not going to an event to cause trouble.

I think respect means admitting that there are people that will always disagree with me, that they have a right to do so, and that they have a right to do so even when I don't want them to.

Then again, I know what respect means.

I think that respect is your right to go out and take part in a march, or rally, and not have me, or anyone else, there shouting insults at you.

Seems I know what respect means too - respect enough to stay away.

If they showed a little respect, they would have stayed away instead of turning up with the INTENTION of causing trouble.

Noomi, respect is mutual. Both sides need to give it. If you don't give it, don't expect it in return.

How were the preachers respecting the homosexuals, when the preachers turned up with the sole purpose of causing trouble?

Were they the ones assaulting anyone? No. Were they within their rights to be there? Yes. Were they intent on causing trouble? No. When you go out of your way to find someone and attack them for their beliefs, you are in the wrong, not the people you targeted.

Noomi, respect is mutual. Both sides need to give it. If you don't give it, don't expect it in return.

How were the preachers respecting the homosexuals, when the preachers turned up with the sole purpose of causing trouble?

Were they the ones assaulting anyone? No. Were they within their rights to be there? Yes. Were they intent on causing trouble? No. When you go out of your way to find someone and attack them for their beliefs, you are in the wrong, not the people you targeted.

Why else would they turn up at a gay pride event if not to cause trouble?

If the gays turned up at a Christian parade, or an anti gay marriage march, they should be hauled away on their asses. I expect people to respect each other, and that means not going to an event to cause trouble.

I think respect means admitting that there are people that will always disagree with me, that they have a right to do so, and that they have a right to do so even when I don't want them to.

I think that respect is your right to go out and take part in a march, or rally, and not have me, or anyone else, there shouting insults at you.

Feel free to insult me anytime I join a march.

To express an opinion?

Were they arrested for disorderly conduct? Perhaps all they wanted to do was spread the gospel. Harmlessly. They have that right. If you want so-called Christians causing trouble, look no further than Westboro Baptist Church, whom I loathe with a particular vengeance. If you want an example of how not to be a Christian, there it is.

I wouldn't insult you - if you took part in a march, I would stay away and let you march. Even if I disagreed with your opinion, I wouldn't turn up and be an asshole.

I wouldn't insult you - if you took part in a march, I would stay away and let you march. Even if I disagreed with your opinion, I wouldn't turn up and be an asshole.

So, shouldn't you be holding these gay people to the same standards?

Of course - if the Christians had a march against gay marriage, and the gay people turned up and started making a scene, haul them away in handcuffs for being inconsiderate, disrespectful morons.

Of course - if the Christians had a march against gay marriage, and the gay people turned up and started making a scene, haul them away in handcuffs for being inconsiderate, disrespectful morons.

But you are here justifying this behavior against them now as "they caused trouble and got it." If they were actively seeking to disrupt this event, that would be a totally different ballgame. Seeing as how I see none of that happened, what right did the gays have to attack the preachers?

It's like a ride in the Amusement Park, if you don't like it, don't ride it.

But you are here justifying this behavior against them now as "they caused trouble and got it." If they were actively seeking to disrupt this event, that would be a totally different ballgame. Seeing as how I see none of that happened, what right did the gays have to attack the preachers?

They had no reason to show up. No reason at all.

They had no reason to show up. No reason at all.

Sure they did, namely the First Amendment, Noomi. If gay people can come and spread their gayness in Christian events, then so too are Christians allowed to spread the Word of God in gay ones.

Last edited:
Fuck you. In THIS country, we have a right to show up. You do NOT have a right to physically accost people because you don't like what they are saying.

So how far do you travel to insult and attack people you don't know?

There is "free speech" and then there are "attacks". Too often, the right wing hides behind "free speech" when what they are actually engaging in are "attacks".

If you want to hate, fine, but why take the time to travel to my neighborhood only to scream your hatred of me? So because you scream hate, I have to listen to it? I have to take it? Where are my rights? This is a question so many Americans could ask the right wing.

The Christian guys were SCREAMING at the gays? I didn't pick up on that in the story. I'll go read it again.

The Christians should have shut the fuck up and let the homosexuals have their parade. Instead, they chose to disrupt it.

Well yea, because they have God on their side. But one wonders, why did God give so much talent to gays and so little to conservatives?

Forum List

Back