Christian Street Preachers Assaulted at Gay Pride Festival

And if the same people had gotten beaten up at their OWN parade, say a Christian pride parade..you would still say they brought it upon themselves.

What you are saying, and always say, is that attacking Christians is okay, and they have it coming. You would have made a great nazi, and i've no doubt you will make a good one yet.

And fascists who want to declare open season on Christians are going to find there are a lot of Christians and non-Christians who won't think twice of fighting back, with lethal force.

Typical Christians. Didn't know it was okay to use violence against someone who has done you no harm. Must have missed that part in the Bible.

Noomi, you'll notice that Koshergrl was referring to Christians who won't think twice about FIGHTING BACK, which implies that harm was indeed done to them. When you "fight back," that terminology implies that someone else was the aggressor.

And if the same people had gotten beaten up at their OWN parade, say a Christian pride parade..you would still say they brought it upon themselves.

What you are saying, and always say, is that attacking Christians is okay, and they have it coming. You would have made a great nazi, and i've no doubt you will make a good one yet.

If the gays turned up at a Christian parade, or an anti gay marriage march, they should be hauled away on their asses. I expect people to respect each other, and that means not going to an event to cause trouble.

Justifying the Violent Suppression of Speech again... Nice word rderp. :thup:

:)

peace...

There is "free speech" and then there are "attacks". Too often, the right wing hides behind "free speech" when what they are actually engaging in are "attacks".

If you want to hate, fine, but why take the time to travel to my neighborhood only to scream your hatred of me? So because you scream hate, I have to listen to it? I have to take it? Where are my rights? This is a question so many Americans could ask the right wing.

The Christian guys were SCREAMING at the gays? I didn't pick up on that in the story. I'll go read it again.

Okay, so I read it again and watched the video again. I don't get the impression that the Christians were SCREAMING at anyone.

And fascists who want to declare open season on Christians are going to find there are a lot of Christians and non-Christians who won't think twice of fighting back, with lethal force.

Typical Christians. Didn't know it was okay to use violence against someone who has done you no harm. Must have missed that part in the Bible.

Noomi, you'll notice that Koshergrl was referring to Christians who won't think twice about FIGHTING BACK, which implies that harm was indeed done to them. When you "fight back," that terminology implies that someone else was the aggressor.

The Christians were attacked ONLY because they caused trouble, screaming and insulting the people marching. Sometimes, you get what you deserve.

How is physically assaulting people you don't agree with, with the objective of shutting them up, respecting them?

How is physically assaulting people you don't agree with, with the objective of shutting them up, respecting them?

How is turning up at a gay pride parade, to force your religion on people, showing them respect?

Is it okay for gay people to walk into a church half naked, and speak about homosexual sex?

If the gays turned up at a Christian parade, or an anti gay marriage march, they should be hauled away on their asses. I expect people to respect each other, and that means not going to an event to cause trouble.

Noomi, in this country people can protest what they disagree with. For example, here in Anchorage, Alaska, we have a Fur Rendezvous celebration every year, and every year people from PETA or other organizations will show up to protest the killing of animals for their fur. They just walk around the events with signs, like these Christians were doing at the Gay Pride event. No one gets to beat them up for doing it, that's not the way it works. If you beat them up, YOU are the one breaking the law.

(I happen to agree with PETA on this one...trapping is a horrible and brutal thing, and I even have trappers in my family. It disgusts me. But I digress.)

Noomi, in this country people can protest what they disagree with. For example, here in Anchorage, Alaska, we have a Fur Rendezvous celebration every year, and every year people from PETA or other organizations will show up to protest the killing of animals for their fur. They just walk around the events with signs, like these Christians were doing at the Gay Pride event. No one gets to beat them up for doing it, that's not the way it works. If you beat them up, YOU are the one breaking the law.

(I happen to agree with PETA on this one...trapping is a horrible and brutal thing, and I even have trappers in my family. It disgusts me. But I digress.)

You can walk around with a sign, but you need to keep a distance away and keep your mouth shut, and let the people have their parade. There is no sense in shouting about how people are sinning and that God can save you. Just stay away, and don't disrupt.

The guy committing the act was a repeat felon. IMO, that has a lot more to do with it than the gay issue. The OP seems to be just an excuse to paint people with a broad brush. FAIL!!!

^Will go to any Dishonest Lengths to Defend the Gay Agenda...

More than the one Deviant was Arrested and Charged. :thup:

Also, looking at the Video... You can see that more Arrests are Likely.

Why do you Defend the Suppression of "Free Speech" that you don't Like or Agree with?

I'm not defending the suppression of free speech; I'm attacking your attempt to attach the actions of a career criminal to the gay rights agenda.

The girl threatened him was a career criminal? Do you have evidence of that?

How is turning up at a gay pride parade, to force your religion on people, showing them respect?

Is it okay for gay people to walk into a church half naked, and speak about homosexual sex?

Noomi, not it is not okay for gay people to walk into a church half-naked and speak about homosexual sex. Not unless the church and congregation want them there. Do you know why? It's because a church is private property.

I'm pretty sure this Gay Pride event wasn't on private property, it was on public property, that's why it was legal for the protesters to be there. They can't disrupt the event, but they can be there with their signs. Now if the Gay Pride group had rented or reserved the property for their event, perhaps then they would have cause to have the protesters removed...by the police. It doesn't make it okay for them to beat them up.

You can walk around with a sign, but you need to keep a distance away and keep your mouth shut, and let the people have their parade. There is no sense in shouting about how people are sinning and that God can save you. Just stay away, and don't disrupt.

No, you don't have to keep a distance away. These anti-fur protesters walk right amongst the crowd who are shopping for fur items. They are pretty much ignored.

Fail. This is America or it used to be. We pride ourselves in speaking out. They can have their silly parade, and we can just as surely wave our freak flags high. Wave on.

No, you don't have to keep a distance away. These anti-fur protesters walk right amongst the crowd who are shopping for fur items. They are pretty much ignored.

Some anti fur protesters throw red paint at people with fur coats. I am on the side of the anti fur folk, but they need to show some respect at times.

Noomi, not it is not okay for gay people to walk into a church half-naked and speak about homosexual sex. Not unless the church and congregation want them there. Do you know why? It's because a church is private property.

I'm pretty sure this Gay Pride event wasn't on private property, it was on public property, that's why it was legal for the protesters to be there. They can't disrupt the event, but they can be there with their signs. Now if the Gay Pride group had rented or reserved the property for their event, perhaps then they would have cause to have the protesters removed...by the police. It doesn't make it okay for them to beat them up.

They did disrupt it just by being there. Their sole reason for being there was to cause trouble.

Fuck you. In THIS country, we have a right to show up. You do NOT have a right to physically accost people because you don't like what they are saying.

If they showed a little respect, they would have stayed away instead of turning up with the INTENTION of causing trouble.

Noomi, respect is mutual. Both sides need to give it. If you don't give it, don't expect it in return.

Fuck you. In THIS country, we have a right to show up. You do NOT have a right to physically accost people because you don't like what they are saying.

If they showed a little respect, they would have stayed away instead of turning up with the INTENTION of causing trouble.

Noomi, respect is mutual. Both sides need to give it. If you don't give it, don't expect it in return.

How were the preachers respecting the homosexuals, when the preachers turned up with the sole purpose of causing trouble?

There is "free speech" and then there are "attacks". Too often, the right wing hides behind "free speech" when what they are actually engaging in are "attacks".

If you want to hate, fine, but why take the time to travel to my neighborhood only to scream your hatred of me? So because you scream hate, I have to listen to it? I have to take it? Where are my rights? This is a question so many Americans could ask the right wing.

The Christian guys were SCREAMING at the gays? I didn't pick up on that in the story. I'll go read it again.

The Christians should have shut the fuck up and let the homosexuals have their parade. Instead, they chose to disrupt it.

So what?

I think respect means admitting that there are people that will always disagree with me, that they have a right to do so, and that they have a right to do so even when I don't want them to.

Then again, I know what respect means.

Forum List

Back