Christian Bake Shop Must Serve Gakes

This is no different than a court forcing a Jewish kosher deli to serve pork sandwiches.

American's are slowly losing their personal freedoms. .... :evil:

I don't know that a Jewish deli would have issue with that. Most of the stores in my hometown were Jewish owned and they promoted Christmas like it was going out of style. Most of the workers were not Jewish and they were the ones doing the selling. Now, a muslim deli might have issue with it.
There is a jewish area in my city that is very conservative.

I assure you no pork is served at their food establishments.

Heck, there is even a kosher chinese restaurant. ... :lol:

There are Chinese rabbis.

If forced to do so, I would make sure said cake was inedible. Say...add ten times the usual amount of salt.

Every retailer's dream - becoming famous for truly crappy products!

Or, is it your experience that friends and family are excluded from marriage celebrations?

If forced to do so, I would make sure said cake was inedible. Say...add ten times the usual amount of salt.

Or, is it your experience that friends and family are excluded from marriage celebrations?

If you force me to do something at gunpoint, you will NOT get my best effort!

This is no different than a court forcing a Jewish kosher deli to serve pork sandwiches.

Well, first of all, the wedding cake was well within what they create on a daily basis. So, your analogy is ridiculous.

But, yes, we're losing our "freedoms".

We can't even kick the blacks off the lunch counter stools anymore.

What's this world coming to - right? We're being limited to fewer and fewer ways to express our pure hate and bigotry, and how can you possible reconcile that with what America stands for.

If you force me to do something at gunpoint, you will NOT get my best effort!
Just one more good reason to restrict gun ownership on the basis of deprecated mental capacity.

And what exactly did the court say about the gays on this matter? "Let them eat cake."

Man the jokes that can be made of this one.

Well, first of all, the wedding cake was well within what they create on a daily basis. So, your analogy is ridiculous.

But, yes, we're losing our "freedoms".

We can't even kick the blacks off the lunch counter stools anymore.

What's this world coming to - right? We're being limited to fewer and fewer ways to express our pure hate and bigotry, and how can you possible reconcile that with what America stands for.
America used to be a free country.

You had the freedom to serve or not serve any customer you wanted.

And it shouldn't be the government's business. .... :doubt:

If I had to bake the cake I would do so to the best of my ability and make the experience so horrible the gay customers spread the word to all their gay friends. Gays today are quite likely to create another hoax so they can complain. I would let them know that I expected a hoax. Video tape the order. Photograph all the paperwork including the receipt. Have them initial everything in triplicate. All conversations had to be wtinessed by two witnesses.

Then the wedding cake would be baked and decorated according to their specifications but the bakery does not provide the figurines fot the topper and provides only curbside delivery. They are responible for constructing the cake themselves.

I would appeal this. The judge is way out of his jurisdiction on this one.

For those of us who do not acknowledge gay marriage because it is in conflict with our faith (myself included), there is no way we could respect the judge's ruling. I would surely not renounce my faith to respect some judge's ruling. Freedom of religion should supersede any judge's ruling.

meh.ro9581.png

ACLU attorney Amanda Goad said no one is asking Phillips to change his religious beliefs.

That statement is false. As a man of faith, if I was asked to partake in any activity that supports or acknowledges gay marriage, I would be in direct violation of my religious beliefs. I would definitely need to renounce my faith as there is no point in practicing a faith if you don't follow it's teachings.

Nicolle Martin, an attorney for Masterpiece Cakeshop, said the judge's order puts Phillips in an impossible position of going against his Christian faith.
Nonsense.

Nowhere in Christian doctrine or dogma is there a provision stating that to accommodate a gay customer is a ‘sin,’ or in anyway violates Christian doctrine or dogma.

ACLU attorney Amanda Goad said no one is asking Phillips to change his religious beliefs.

Correct.

The storeowner remains at liberty to practice his faith as he sees fit, he is not being disallowed by the state to practice a given aspect of his faith, nor is he being compelled to act himself in a manner contrary to his faith.

Note also that this ruling was made in the context of Colorado state law, where is it illegal for businesses to discriminate concerning public accommodations with regard to sexual orientation.

Moreover, as the court correctly noted, per Employment Division, one cannot claim a ‘religious exemption’ from a law enacted and enforced in good faith, such as Colorado’s anti-discrimination law.

From the ruling:

In Employment Division v. Smith, supra, the Court announced the standard applicable to cases such as this one; namely, that “the right of free exercise does not relieve an individual of the obligation to comply with a valid and neutral law of general applicability on the ground that the law proscribes (or prescribes) conduct that his religion prescribes (or proscribes).” Employment Division v. Smith, 494 U.S. at 879.9 This standard is followed in the Tenth Circuit, Grace United Methodist Church v. City of Cheyenne, 451 F.3d 643, 649 (10th Cir. 2006) (a law that is both neutral and generally applicable need only be rationally related to a legitimate governmental interest to survive a constitutional challenge).

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/initial_decision_case_no._cr_2013-0008.pdf
The wisdom of the Employment Division Court is clear: to excuse criminal acts or other violations of the law because to comply with the law would ‘violate’ a religious tenet would result in disastrous judicial chaos.

That statement is false. As a man of faith, if I was asked to partake in any activity that supports or acknowledges gay marriage, I would be in direct violation of my religious beliefs. I would definitely need to renounce my faith as there is no point in practicing a faith if you don't follow it's teachings.

Then cite the Christian dogma forbidding one to accommodate a gay customer, or where to indeed accommodate a gay customer would constitute a ‘sin.’

Homosexuality is a sin, and anything that someone does to promote homosexuality would be a sin too

Then cite the Christian dogma forbidding one to accommodate a gay customer, or where to indeed accommodate a gay customer would constitute a ‘sin.’
Well, if we look at 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, homosexuality is listed as a sin. Now if we participate in any activity that supports homosexuality (like preparing a gay cake), we are endorsing homosexuality.

The same analogy can be used in the commission of a crime. Say someone who wants to rob a bank finds a driver to assist with the getaway after robbing the bank. The driver does not rob the bank, but he is just as guilty since he supported the act by helping with the getaway. For the guy who bakes the cake, even though he doesn't practice homosexuality, he is just a guilty if he prepares the cake as he is supporting a homosexual lifestyle.

So if anyone wants to prove to me that I'd be off the hook with God if I baked a gay cake, one way to do that would be to prove to me that if I were a getaway driver for a bank robbery, I'd be off the hook with law enforcement.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV - Or do you not know that the unrighteous - Bible Gateway

Baking a cake and selling said cake to a gay customer isn't any kind of sin a rational person would believe. A wedding cake that requires participation by the baker in attending the venue is something entirely different.

Baking a cake and selling said cake to a gay customer isn't any kind of sin a rational person would believe. A wedding cake that requires participation by the baker in attending the venue is something entirely different.
True. Apparently though this was supposed to be some "special" type of gay cake with a rainbow or such.

I would gladly bake the standard cake though.

Jesus Christ, can the man have his freedom of religion

Forum List

Back