Christ-Mass is of no concern for Protestants, why do you even

I'm not interested in arguing with you about a religion that is not your own.

What religion do you belong to and how can you possibly stand to read a Bible that was prepared by a pretend religion?

I think you might call that pretend religion the whore of Babylon, right?

There was only one way for this to occur( Daniel 12:4) here in these last days. Correction to translation and false teachings. Not an easy task. But its been done. Truth is now abundant.
So the Bible has been corrected and now it is good to go?

When did it get corrected? And by whom?

The New world translation has corrected it. But rejected by the majority. Even though the teachings of Jesus and Facts back the JW teachers.
But the men were free to use their own words. In fact, doesn't Jesus actually tell us that what got written down in the OT about divorce was not what God wanted but a concession to the hardened hearts of men.

In other words, it was what the men wanted, right?

God does grant requests of humans in the bible. He even granted satans request against the true followers concerning job. Those are part of the issues against Gods name as were some in Eden.
What were Jesus' exact words when he was discussing marriage and divorce?

The Jews don't believe that Satan exists. They believe God employs an angel to temp and test us. They point to Job as a basis for that.

1Chronicles 21:1 You missed this. The Israelites know all of the OT. So your post is error.

I'll come back to the Jewish belief that there is no devil later, ok.

In the NT it says God only recognizes divorce on the grounds of adultery.
I shared the scripture with you that mentions satan in the OT--So YES the Israelites know satan exists. It is NOT a jewish belief he does not exist.
Matthew 19 New International Version (NIV)
Divorce
19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there. 3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?” 4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

"jealous" is a name of "God"??? Can you spell that for me in Hebrew?
That's how I remember it when I read it, yes.

No, I can't spell that in Hebrew. I don't play the translation game. I try to peel back the layers of the onion to find deeper meanings.

The bible teaches God is a jealous God. It did not say it is a name. Their is only one God, one truth, one faith, one religion. Few have found the road because 99% of all religion does not belong to God.
"For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14)

I need that line in Hebrew to interpret it
Ok, I can't help you there.

oh-------well----it is silly to interpret anything from a faulty translation. I have no idea what "jealous god"
means or how the phrase is expressed in Hebrew----IF it does exist in the bible ------which I doubt

There was only one way for this to occur( Daniel 12:4) here in these last days. Correction to translation and false teachings. Not an easy task. But its been done. Truth is now abundant.

The New world translation has corrected it. But rejected by the majority. Even though the teachings of Jesus and Facts back the JW teachers.
God does grant requests of humans in the bible. He even granted satans request against the true followers concerning job. Those are part of the issues against Gods name as were some in Eden.

The Jews don't believe that Satan exists. They believe God employs an angel to temp and test us. They point to Job as a basis for that.

1Chronicles 21:1 You missed this. The Israelites know all of the OT. So your post is error.

I shared the scripture with you that mentions satan in the OT--So YES the Israelites know satan exists. It is NOT a jewish belief he does not exist.
Divorce
19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there. 3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?” 4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

Moses screwed it up?

No, I can't spell that in Hebrew. I don't play the translation game. I try to peel back the layers of the onion to find deeper meanings.

The bible teaches God is a jealous God. It did not say it is a name. Their is only one God, one truth, one faith, one religion. Few have found the road because 99% of all religion does not belong to God.
"For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14)

oh-------well----it is silly to interpret anything from a faulty translation. I have no idea what "jealous god"
means or how the phrase is expressed in Hebrew----IF it does exist in the bible ------which I doubt

Its in there:
EXODUS 34:14, no I don't know Hebrew, but its in there with the true 10 commandments.
---------------------------------------------

14For you shall not prostrate yourself before another god, because the Lord, Whose Name is "Jealous One," is a jealous God. ידכִּ֛י לֹ֥א תִשְׁתַּֽחֲוֶ֖ה לְאֵ֣ל אַחֵ֑ר כִּ֤י יְהֹוָה֙ קַנָּ֣א שְׁמ֔וֹ אֵ֥ל קַנָּ֖א הֽוּא:
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 34 (Parshah Ki Tisa)

Last edited:

Its in there:
EXODUS 34:14, no I don't know Hebrew, but its in there with the true 10 commandments.

14For you shall not prostrate yourself before another god, because the Lord, Whose Name is "Jealous One," is a jealous God. ידכִּ֛י לֹ֥א תִשְׁתַּֽחֲוֶ֖ה לְאֵ֣ל אַחֵ֑ר כִּ֤י יְהֹוָה֙ קַנָּ֣א שְׁמ֔וֹ אֵ֥ל קַנָּ֖א הֽוּא:
קַנָּ֣א

"His name is "jealous" is a really lousy translation--------a better translation would
be something like -----"He guards his NAME thru retribution" ---- "name' in the sense
of REPUTATION -------ie If anyone DISSES him----that person will be in trouble.
The operative word is קַנָּ֣א
I think a better translation would be INDIGNANT as a characteristic, קַנָּ֣א שְׁמ֔וֹ
means something like "INDIGNANT REGARDING HIS NAME (aka REP.)
קַנָּ֣א
^^^^ is an adjective----not a NAME

Divorce

Its in there:

קַנָּ֣א

"His name is "jealous" is a really lousy translation--------a better translation would
be something like -----"He guards his NAME thru retribution" ---- "name' in the sense
I think a better translation would be INDIGNANT as a characteristic, קַנָּ֣א שְׁמ֔וֹ
קַנָּ֣א

Yes, God put his name behind all of his creation-- It was not saying his personal name is Jealous( as his name) it carried meaning, like you have shared.

Divorce

Its in there:

קַנָּ֣א

קַנָּ֣א

Yes, God put his name behind all of his creation-- It was not saying his personal name is Jealous( as his name) it carried meaning, like you have shared.

Yes he did not think to highly of the Hebrews calling them stiff necked, and he was afraid to be in their mist since he might of destroyed them. He wanted complete devotion and if not watch out. He made the wonder aimlessly for 40 years in a desert. He was punishing them, and they never learned.

It exists in almost every translation.

Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Can you please provide the Hebrew translation into English?

I would very much like to hear it as I have always been curious about that verse.

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood .

So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday.

So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.
Protestants are referred to as the Daughters of the Whore in Scripture, so it's not surprising they would celebrate the Mother's pagan festivals.

Last edited:

Divorce

Moses screwed it up?
Not if you are Jewish. You guys don't recognize the NT. :wink:

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood. So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday. So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

Mass is a celebration of the last supper, Penelope.

Divorce

Moses screwed it up?
Not if you are Jewish. You guys don't recognize the NT. :wink:[/QUOTE

what do you guys know about what jews recognize. "THE DEVIL" told you? in latin or greek?
I recognize the NT a lot more than do you. I can read it with a greater level of understanding
than can you. YOU are clueless

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood. So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday. So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

Mass is a re-creation and a perversion of the blessing upon wine and bread that
goes on in jewish households INCESSANTLY. My very own hubby does it a lot
better than does the POOOOP in Rome-------more "jesus like" Martin Luther
knew that which is why, based on his Jew-O-Phobia------he tossed it in the trash

Divorce

Moses screwed it up?

what do you guys know about what jews recognize. "THE DEVIL" told you? in latin or greek?
I recognize the NT a lot more than do you. I can read it with a greater level of understanding

Wow. It doesn't take much to set you off. My last post was me trying to be respectful by making what I thought was a harmless joke. Good grief.

knew that which is why, based on his Jew-O-Phobia------he tossed it in the trash
Why don't you try and be a little more disrespectful with your tone. I think you may be holding back.

I think I'm done here.

Why don't you try and be a little more disrespectful with your tone. I think you may be holding back.

I think I'm done here.

disrespectful of what? MARTIN LUTHER? For disrespect of Martin Luther check out
CROMWELL. Of course I am holding back------I was brought up to be NICE

I think I'm done here.

Try harder. See ya later.

I think I'm done here.

heed your OWN ADVICE !!!!

Divorce

Moses screwed it up?

Wow. It doesn't take much to set you off. My last post was me trying to be respectful by making what I thought was a harmless joke. Good grief.

there is nothing "funny" about the hijacking, perversion and ultimate denigration of jewish practices

I think I'm done here.

heed your OWN ADVICE !!!!
Interacting with you makes me want to start a go fund me page for Palestine. Way to go. :thup:

Forum List

Back