Chris Sale has more courage than most athletes.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
It's true that professional baseball players make millions of dollars but corporate decisions to force them to dress in what amounts to sophomoric Halloween costumes is an insult not only an insult to their intelligence but to their self image and personal reputations. It is hoped he becomes available soon because teams like the Boston Red Sox will welcome him with open arms. How would most of us feel if our employers suddenly decided to make men wear turbans and women burkas for a day? Sale essentially committed an act of civil disobedience for the rest of his team and they no doubt are glad he did.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/0...seys-pictures/

Please tell me Sale's "clubhouse incident" that bought him 5 days off, was about more than the stupid uniform Chicago wore for their 4 game series with Detroit.

This is not "civil disobedience." CD is breaking a law that one finds untenable, AND LIVING WITH THE PUNISHMENT.

If wearing those uniforms is any kind of "insult" to the players, the players need to go out and get a real job somewhere, Sale is a self-aggrandizing idiot. I hope the suspension (which normally goes with a percentage-loss in pay) is very painful to him financially.

This is not "civil disobedience." CD is breaking a law that one finds untenable, AND LIVING WITH THE PUNISHMENT.

If wearing those uniforms is any kind of "insult" to the players, the players need to go out and get a real job somewhere, Sale is a self-aggrandizing idiot. I hope the suspension (which normally goes with a percentage-loss in pay) is very painful to him financially.
I agree if this was about the uniforms it was not CD. However, I haven't been about to find actual details on why Sale was punished. If anyone has found that info please share it!

Actually I'd like to see all three, disco collars, turbans and burkas. On flag day perhaps.

Actually I'd like to see all three, disco collars, turbans and burkas. On flag day perhaps.
It got old a long time ago. Pink uniforms on Mother's Day, blue for Father's Day, Negro league uniforms to honor Jackie Robinson...

The guy has an obvious problem. This is not the first time he has done stupid shit. The Sox should get him mental help...though he is having a great season.

The guy has an obvious problem. This is not the first time he has done stupid shit. The Sox should get him mental help...though he is having a great season.
Absolutely. He is a loon. Maybe another team will pick him up while he's hot -and steer him toward a nice shrink .

Well, this could have a silver lining. We could really use him in the Red Sox lineup. The only thing looney in this is the decision of corporate leadership to dress their players like a girl's field hockey team.

Absolutely. He is a loon. Maybe another team will pick him up while he's hot -and steer him toward a nice shrink .

Oh come on, he's in no more need of that than Trump and folks are fawning all over his looney ass.

Well, this could have a silver lining. We could really use him in the Red Sox lineup. The only thing looney in this is the decision of corporate leadership to dress their players like a girl's field hockey team.
I don't disagree about the stupid uniforms. Still, Sale is indeed a loon. While pitching against the Tigers last season, he threw a rather bizarre fit with accusations of a spy in center field with binoculars reading the catcher's signs and signaling Tiger batters.

Oh come on, he's in no more need of that than Trump and folks are fawning all over his looney ass.
What on earth does Trump have to do with baseball? You sound like a loon- so stuck on partisan nonsense you insert it everywhere.

What on earth does Trump have to do with baseball?

Loon, loon. Mental help, mental help.

What on earth does Trump have to do with baseball?

Loon, loon. Mental help, mental help.
Oh, excuse me, you are clearly not a loon, just a four year old.

I would change the OP title to a more truthful title:

Chris Sale has more market value than most athletes.

I agree with him, but if he was some #3 middle reliever he wouldn't have pulled that shit.

I loved it ...good for Sale

I'm tired of these stupid throwback games where athletes dress like clown to sell more crap in the gift shop

The league fines them for not acting professional but then humiliates the players to make a few extra bucks

0ap2000000144022_gallery_600.jpg

Here's some specifics on what happened. Does it take courage to trash a jersey? Maybe. It's certainly not very adult or professional. Oh well, it's a nice change of pace from naughty boys who take performance enhancing drugs.

The Chicago White Sox suspended left-hander Chris Sale five days without pay for destroying collared throwback uniforms the team was to wear.

The White Sox announced the punishment Sunday after Sale was scratched from his scheduled start and sent home the previous night.

The suspension comes to $250,000 of his $9.15 million salary. He also was fined about $12,700, the cost of the jerseys, according to a person familiar with the penalty who spoke on condition of anonymity.

“Obviously, we’re all extremely disappointed that we have to deal with this issue at this time both from the standpoint of the club as well as Chris’ perspective,” general manager Rick Hahn said.

Sale was not at the ballpark Sunday. He is eligible to return Thursday against the Cubs at Wrigley Field, though Hahn would not say whether Sale would start that game.

White Sox suspend Chris Sale for 5 days over jersey vandalism

Insubordination too?
White Sox suspend Chris Sale five days for 'destroying team equipment'

Forum List

Back