Chris Kyle: American Liar

Pretty good read:

Truth, Justice and the Curious Case of Chris Kyle

Despite the very high burden of proof, on July 19, 2014, Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota, WWF wrestler, TV show host and Former Navy SEAL (technically he was in the pre-cursor to SEALs, the UDT) won a defamation lawsuit against deceased former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, author of American Sniper to the tune of $1.8 million. In the book, Chris Kyle, claimed to have punched 'Scruff-face', later identified by Kyle as Jesse Ventura, in a SEAL bar in California after Ventura said some nasty things. Here is the passage in question from the book:

After the funeral, we went to a local bar for the wake proper. (for Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor winner Mike Monsoor who was killed in action in Iraq)

As always, there were a bunch of different things going on at our favorite nightspot, including a small party for some older SEALs and UDT members who were celebrating the anniversary of their graduation. Among them was a celebrity I'll call Scruff Face.

Scruff served in the military; most people seem to believe he was a SEAL. As far as I know, he was in service during the Vietnam conflict but not the actual war.

I was sitting with Ryan (a SEAL who was wounded and blinded in the Iraq war) and told him that Scruff was holding court with some of his buddies.

"I'd really like to meet him, " Ryan said.

"Sure". I got up and went over to Scruff and introduced myself. "Mr. Scruff Face, I have a young SEAL over here who's just come back from Iraq. He's been injured but he'd really like to meet you."

Well, Scruff kind of blew us off. Still, Ryan really wanted to meet him, so I brought him over. Scruff acted like he couldn't be bothered.

All right.

We went back over to our side of the bar and had a few more drinks. In the meantime, Scruff started running his mouth about the war and everything and anything he could connect to it. President Bush was an asshole. We were only over there because Bush wanted to show up his father. We were doing the wrong thing, killing men, woman and children and murdering.

And on and on. Scruff said he hates America and that's why he moved to Baja California. 9/11 was a conspiracy.

And on some more.

The guys were getting upset. Finally, I went over and tried to get him to cool it.

"We're all here in mourning." I told him. "Can you just cool it? Keep it down."

"You deserve to lose a few," he told me.

I was uncharacteristically level-headed at that moment.

"Look," I told him, "why don't we just step away from each other and go on our way?"

Scruff bowed up again. This time he swung.

Being level-headed and calm can last only so long. I laid him out.

Tables flew. Stuff happened. Scruff face ended up on the floor.

I left.

Quickly.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but rumor has it he showed up at the BUD/S graduation with a black eye.

That is the story that was proven to be untrue in the court proceedings. Jesse Ventura didn't say those things to Chris Kyle or any other SEAL. Chris Kyle did not hit Jesse Ventura. The entire episode never occurred. Or to put it another way, Chris Kyle lied. To put an even finer point on it, Chris Kyle lied to make himself look good.

You aren't fit to polish that mans boots.

Military dopes perjure themselves to protect their friend.

I'm shocked.

Synthamess post bullshit just to feel good. Color me shocked

You aren't worthy enough to shine Chris Kyles boots and even his wife could kick your ass.

Military dopes perjure themselves to protect their friend.

I'm shocked.

Synthamess post bullshit just to feel good. Color me shocked

You aren't worthy enough to shine Chris Kyles boots and even his wife could kick your ass.
The guy "made stuff up" to be in the limelight. Like shooting carjackers and having a spechul # to the Pentagon to get him out of jams lol

Chris Kyle did not even mention the name Jessee Ventura in that book. I am so glad the reward for being an asshole was overturned and Ventura gets nothing.

Chris Kyle did not even mention the name Jessee Ventura in that book. I am so glad the reward for being an asshole was overturned and Ventura gets nothing.
why would you support a liar?

kyle made it clear who he was referring to in other places.

It must be killing some of you that the appeals court tossed that orginal verdict. As for Venture and the damage to his reputation he did more damage to that by continuing with the lawsuit after Kyle was killed than that page and a half American Sniper ever did.

It must be killing some of you that the appeals court tossed that orginal verdict. As for Venture and the damage to his reputation he did more damage to that by continuing with the lawsuit after Kyle was killed than that page and a half American Sniper ever did.
liars should be able to benefit from their lies, right?

Since the verdict was overturned and a new trial has been ordered we don't he was lying unless your just going with guilty till proven innocent. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Venture is the one lying? I'm not saying he is just wondering if that possibility was ever considered.

Since the verdict was overturned and a new trial has been ordered we don't he was lying unless your just going with guilty till proven innocent. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Venture is the one lying? I'm not saying he is just wondering if that possibility was ever considered.
I tend to believe war heroes over weirdo conspiracy nuts like Ventura. Hopefully a new trial will show the truth.

no, we know. Kyle had a history of fantastic lies. we know this.

but we are supposed to believe that not only did he meet ventura, but that ventura spoke I'll of the military and that kyle then beat him up...

if you believe that you likely believe kyle's other lies

So true.

Fox & Friends REALLY pushed this story (although very few if any of them served, no doubt) given people like WillowTree, Claudette, and others strumpeting around about it. They are living vicariously through him because they're life-long chicken hawks

VKAmjDI.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back