Chitown out of the running

Being a county over from Chicago, I'm glad we 'lost'. One thing that can be said, the IOC may possibly be more corrupt than the City of Chicago, the County of Cook, and the State of Illinois.

You right wing pea brains are proving that you are not for America or Americans...

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hopefully moderates pay attention to this, Republicans are against America if it doesn't benefit them. Horrible party.

You right wing pea brains are proving that you are not for America or Americans...

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hopefully moderates pay attention to this, Republicans are against America if it doesn't benefit them. Horrible party.

You two obviously have no interest in the TRUE reasons many people, both liberal and conservative, didn't think the games were a good idea for our country.

I'm celebrating the savings to the american taxpayers. Rio is in the same time zone so we get to see the events while they are happening.

Unless they were going to put Mitt Romeny in charge of the olymics, the olympics almost always lose money.

Its a good thing for our bankrupt nation to not have an extra expense like this....plus the corrupt politicians such as Valerie Jarret (Karl Rove for obama) wont get their giant boondoggle of profits off of all the delapitated property they were going to sell to the taxpayer to build the olympic villiage on.

A win for taxpayers
A Win for anti-corruption
A loss for the office of the president and its respectability
A loss for the city of chicago's political machine.

Kevin Powell, Black activist and author, throws out some tough love for the Obamas...

____

Posted: October 2, 2009 10:10 AM BIO Become a Fan Get Email Alerts Bloggers' Index

Chicago, Obama, the Olympics, and the Murder of Derrion Albert

...In a terrible case of bad timing, President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama traveled to Copenhagen, Denmark to lobby hard for the 2016 Olympics to come to the Windy City. Here was part of Mr. Obama's pitch: "One of the legacies I want to see coming out of the Chicago 2016 hosting of the Games is a reminder that America at its best is open to the world," he said. "We are putting the full force of the White House and the State Department to make sure that not only is this a successful Games, but that visitors from around the world feel welcome and will come away with a sense of the incredible diversity of the American people."

But, to date, the only thing President Obama, who made Chicago his adopted hometown thanks in part to his wife and Chitown native daughter Michelle, has said, has come through White House press secretary Robert Gibbs: "Chilling."

Kevin Powell: Chicago, Obama, the Olympics, and the Murder of Derrion Albert

____

If leftists such as Powell are now more openly condemning the Obamas there is trouble a brewing for Obama Inc...

Kevin Powell, Black activist and author, throws out some tough love for the Obamas...

____

Posted: October 2, 2009 10:10 AM BIO Become a Fan Get Email Alerts Bloggers' Index

Chicago, Obama, the Olympics, and the Murder of Derrion Albert

...In a terrible case of bad timing, President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama traveled to Copenhagen, Denmark to lobby hard for the 2016 Olympics to come to the Windy City. Here was part of Mr. Obama's pitch: "One of the legacies I want to see coming out of the Chicago 2016 hosting of the Games is a reminder that America at its best is open to the world," he said. "We are putting the full force of the White House and the State Department to make sure that not only is this a successful Games, but that visitors from around the world feel welcome and will come away with a sense of the incredible diversity of the American people."

But, to date, the only thing President Obama, who made Chicago his adopted hometown thanks in part to his wife and Chitown native daughter Michelle, has said, has come through White House press secretary Robert Gibbs: "Chilling."

Kevin Powell: Chicago, Obama, the Olympics, and the Murder of Derrion Albert

____

If leftists such as Powell are now more openly condemning the Obamas there is trouble a brewing for Obama Inc...
Ouch!

According to FOX and CNN, this trip cost over 900 grand. And that was just the prez himself. It doesn't include what the cost was to send James Brown, er, I mean Michelle Obama over there.
So, is Chicago going to reimburse the Taxpayers for this debacle of a trip?
Oh wait a minute, they would be using taxpayer dollars to pay back us taxpayers. Never mind!
What a friggin' joke!

LOL...the Washington Monthly??? Seroiusly? Are you really going show this as your only proof that only right wingers are the only ones who have ever flirted with a nuke on America? Now help me with that last part. Don't see the joke here. I see Bolton making a pretty strong point over the seriousness of the threat that Iran poses. Would Obama consider an attack on Chicago a tiny threat? No. Point made.

Yes, I absolutely contend only right wing pea brains HOPE for an American city to be nuked...

It has to do with the right wing mental illness...the NEED to punish...

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said the American people lack "the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats." What's to be done? According to Rumsfeld, "The correction for that, I suppose, is [another] attack."

Newt Gingrich recently said:

"the better they've done at making sure there isn't an attack, the easier it is to say, 'Well, there never was going to be an attack anyway.' And it's almost like they should every once in a while have allowed an attack to get through just to remind us."

The head of the Arkansas Republican party said:

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]" so people appreciate Bush.

Philadelphia Daily News columnist Stu Bykofsky openly called for "another 9/11" that "would help America" restore a "community of outrage and national resolve".

GOP memo touts new terror attack as way to reverse party's decline
This one post has fully deemed any further posts by you as completely null and void.
Credibility now zero.
You're not very bright, but you are fun to laugh at!:lol:

This person is actually developmentally disabled. The emotional disability alone could fill volumes.

why would any city want the olympics...normally it just brings a shit load of debt...and look at all the olympic villages now..what is being done with them...why would anyone want to visit a city as violent as chicago?

rio has more murders per 1000 than Chicago... double the amount i thought?

The olympics would have brought a huge amount of tourists to the usa and definitely helps businesses and the economy...yes the villages might be at a tax payer's loss, but the overall business compensates or more than compensates for it.

And personally, I have NEVER IN MY LIFETIME seen Americans ROOT FOR US NOT GETTING IT....

And honestly, I am shocked at the joy you all have taken in this....just flabbergasted that your partisanship could bring you all below worm level when discussing our country's loss in this. :(

Care

Any place else would have been a loss care. Obamas friends were going to make millions off. Those games while children are killing each other in the streets. Any violence in 2016 would have been an even bigger embarrassment to this country IMHO.

Maybe if the prez didn't go around the world telling people how much we suck, things could have turned out differently. Who's our PR czar - Rev. Wright?

i doubt it would have turned out differently, that last line is just parroting the party line chanel, and i'm pretty certain you can see that....

i have NEVER heard any American say that it was GOOD that we did not get an Olympic game here and there's no back tracking on what ill some fellow americans wished for their own country....

cities throughout the world that have hosted the olympics have had MUCH WORSE crime levels than chicago ever could...

but continue taking joy in it for merely partisanship's sake...that is all of you guys perogative.... i can still be extremely disappointed in it, can't i?

Of course you can. And I have sympathy for those honest business owners who will lose a lot of money.But Chicago needs to clean up its own house soon. Maybe this will be a wakeup call, Children are dying.

The olympics would have brought a huge amount of tourists to the usa and definitely helps businesses and the economy...yes the villages might be at a tax payer's loss, but the overall business compensates or more than compensates for it.

And personally, I have NEVER IN MY LIFETIME seen Americans ROOT FOR US NOT GETTING IT....

And honestly, I am shocked at the joy you all have taken in this....just flabbergasted that your partisanship could bring you all below worm level when discussing our country's loss in this. :(

Care

Of course not. Why on earth would you expect us to be fair and actually have the true spirit of the Olympic games? Why on earth would you think that would would think that the Olympics are something more than an economic ploy?

Rio got the games. And quite frankly, they deserve it. Why the heck should we get it simply because we are the United States? The games are not about the United States. They are about the world coming together to compete in friendship and good sportsmanship.

They certainly arent about Obama making his corrupt buddies rich. Chicago doesnt deserve the Olympics. They never did. Anyone with a shred of honesty knows that. And Americans are the last people who will want corruption to win.

I hope one day I can live in a world where opposing corruption would not be a partisan issue.

i doubt it would have turned out differently, that last line is just parroting the party line chanel, and i'm pretty certain you can see that....

i have NEVER heard any American say that it was GOOD that we did not get an Olympic game here and there's no back tracking on what ill some fellow americans wished for their own country....

cities throughout the world that have hosted the olympics have had MUCH WORSE crime levels than chicago ever could...

but continue taking joy in it for merely partisanship's sake...that is all of you guys perogative.... i can still be extremely disappointed in it, can't i?
There are legitimate reasons for not wanting Chicago to get the games ,
It does not mean anti American sentiments.
As for being "extremely disappointed" You need to get out more and have wider interests,
Mr Rezko.

Care

Of course not. Why on earth would you expect us to be fair and actually have the true spirit of the Olympic games? Why on earth would you think that would would think that the Olympics are something more than an economic ploy?

Rio got the games. And quite frankly, they deserve it. Why the heck should we get it simply because we are the United States? The games are not about the United States. They are about the world coming together to compete in friendship and good sportsmanship.

They certainly arent about Obama making his corrupt buddies rich. Chicago doesnt deserve the Olympics. They never did. Anyone with a shred of honesty knows that. And Americans are the last people who will want corruption to win.

I hope one day I can live in a world where opposing corruption would not be a partisan issue.

DRAMA QUEEN ACT ALERT!

Although i can understand being happy for Rio or any other country that has never had an olympics getting it, did you and your ilk rooting against our country getting it....ever root for another country getting it over us before?

i am surprised you don't think the united states could show the world those values you listed of what the oylmpics are for....amazing how much it is really you and again the ilk that think like you, who are REALLY THE ONES putting the united states down, yet you throw stones at obama for it.... hmmm, the H word comes to mind...

what a song and a dance about you having the higher ground for not wanting the usa to get it because of corruption....while RIO is filled with it 10 times over....

Please don't think you are pulling one ''off'' on us....because your intentions are not pure as you want to play now, and they have clearly shown on your partisan coat sleeve, you are fooling no one...and you are even smart enough to know it....spare us the tripe avatar....you wished for the usa to fail out of pure hate for your president....you WANT to see him as a failure in every manner, even IF IT HURTS AMERICA on the whole....the end justifies the means attitude....is what is apparent to me. :(

well guess what, we are on to you, all of you!

I have plenty of problems with policies that i do not agree with this administration, and i did not vote for obama, but i would never say the things some Americans have said here about our country, and how glad and GOOD it was for us to not get the olympic bid? And as said, until you guys, I HAVE NEVER SEEN AMERICANS do such in my nearing 50 years.

I am happy for rio, i am glad to see them get it, now that we didn't because it would be nice to see the olympics in south america.

Forum List

Back