China warehouse explosion - Or did America drop a nuke?

No rolling horizontal shock wave, primarily verticle. Natural gas perhaps or an LP tanker in port. Very hot fireball with short life. A whole sack full of gas of some sort, my guess.
If we want factual rational commentary from you, we'll ask for it. :slap:
You are the one who supposedly worked 39 years in the energy industry and knows very little about it, yeah? Nope, although you think it was a nuke, you are wrong.
Me? I actually agree with amso, you idiot. :slap:

My sarcasm runs deep, Padawan Bitch.

No rolling horizontal shock wave, primarily verticle. Natural gas perhaps or an LP tanker in port. Very hot fireball with short life. A whole sack full of gas of some sort, my guess.
If we want factual rational commentary from you, we'll ask for it. :slap:
You are the one who supposedly worked 39 years in the energy industry and knows very little about it, yeah? Nope, although you think it was a nuke, you are wrong.
Me? I actually agree with amso, you idiot. :slap: My sarcasm runs deep, Padawan Bitch.
So you don't think it was a nuke? Nah, you did. The force is not with you this night, either.

wasnt it in Texas, i think it was the 40's when they had a similar blast that shook the state?
A tanker or an ammunition ship in the port of Houston, I think, during WWII.
i remember that one, and another one that looked like a nuke. I think it was an explosion at a fertilizer plant. almost looked like an atom bomb, shook up and broke windows in homes miles away.

Fertilizer (ammonium nitrate). Texas City, 1947

wasnt it in Texas, i think it was the 40's when they had a similar blast that shook the state?
i remember that one, and another one that looked like a nuke. I think it was an explosion at a fertilizer plant. almost looked like an atom bomb, shook up and broke windows in homes miles away.

can you imagine if that event happened in the center of a major texas town of about 100,000?

can you imagine if that event happened in the center of a major texas town of about 100,000?

"killing at least 581 people, including all but one member of the Texas City fire department.[2] The disaster triggered the first ever class action lawsuit against the United States government, under the then-recently enacted Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), on behalf of 8,485 victims." (from the link)

I'd say that's fairly impactive --- although small compared to Halifax... two thousand killed, nine thousand injured... everything in half a mile obliterated including the entire community of Richmond.... created a tsunami that wiped out a native village...

.An explosion of this magnitude (God forbid) in the U.S. would be subject to media speculation under the 1st Amendment and wild international and domestic coverage.. Useful pop-culture educated idiots assume that China (and the former USSR) will be honest because they adhere to the same 1st Amendment (or any other part of the Bill of Rights) . The point is that China controls propaganda and what we hear may or may not be close to the truth depending on the political agenda.

.An explosion of this magnitude (God forbid) in the U.S. would be subject to media speculation under the 1st Amendment and wild international and domestic coverage.. Useful pop-culture educated idiots assume that China (and the former USSR) will be honest because they adhere to the same 1st Amendment (or any other part of the Bill of Rights) . The point is that China controls propaganda and what we hear may or may not be close to the truth depending on the political agenda.
Some poor country somewhere would be doomed.

I just saw the video, too early to figure out what happened, but then again China is always trying to push out their products as fast as possible to meet demands, maybe to the extent where safety is not their number one issue when running major industries, where in the USA, we have "Safety First" maybe in China its "Profits First, Then Safety".
Safety last. You need to make more money for the oligarchs, and make it quickly

Yeah, Obama the ankle grabber is going to nuke China. That's like Jake voting for a Republican

Nobody said obama did this, you fool. He's just a tool of the real power. THINK

Well... it's interesting you should command Frank to think when you wholly misunderstood his comment. Ever hear of sarcasm?

A "nuke" that only kills 50+ people. Shootspeeders is such a tard. :lol:
You know they make small ones, right?

That kill 50 people?
Are you really this dense? Bombs have a blast radius that kills everyone inside of it, whether that be 50, 100, or 1000. Put 1 man in the middle of a desert and drop a 100 kiloton MIRV on him and the death toll will only be one. Jeeze, I feel like I'm talking to a complete idiot here.

The chemical industry in any country is very dangerous, it is not just in China. In US chemical explosion or leak happens often, fortunately no casualties

Put 1 man in the middle of a desert and drop a 100 kiloton MIRV on him and the death toll will only be one.

LOL... and then the radioactive fallout will slowly kill anyone whom happens to be unlucky enough to be downwind from the blast. Conventional explosives don't do that.

Jeeze, I feel like I'm talking to a complete idiot here.

That's funny, coming from someone who can't tell the difference between a nuke and chemical chain reactions.

Calcium Carbide (dissolved in water to form Acetylene) + Sodium Cyanide + Potassium Nitrate + Ammonium Nitrate + Sodium Nitrate + Ignition source = BOOM a chain reaction explosion equaling a combined 52,896 pounds (26 tons) of TNT.

All of those chemicals were found at ground zero.

Ha. A nuke. I laugh at you.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-3384408

Last edited:
Another chemical warehouse explosion in China...

Explosion rips through Chinese chemical warehouse
April 22, 2016 - A massive plume of smoke has erupted after an explosion occurred at a warehouse with chemical and fuel products in China.
A warehouse storing chemicals and fuel exploded and caught fire in the eastern Chinese city of Jingjiang on Friday, the local government and media reports said, but the blaze was under control with no casualties. The blast recalled huge explosions caused by improper storage of chemicals in the northern city of Tianjin last August, when at least 165 people were killed and fears were raised of toxic contamination.

042216_storyful_explosions_1280.jpg

Blaze triggers huge blast at port in Jingjiang​

The latest accident was at the premises of a company called Jiangsu Deqiao Storage, which is authorised to keep hazardous chemicals, reports said. The Jingjiang government said on its verified microblog that the fire was “under control” with no deaths or injuries. One photo posted online showed dark clouds of smoke with the fire still burning amid what appeared to be storage tanks.

The Jingjiang government statement said activity near the site had returned to “normal”. Industrial accidents are common in China where safety standards are often lax. But the massive blast in Tianjin sparked widespread anger over a perceived lack of transparency by officials about its causes and environmental impact.

Explosion rips through Chinese chemical warehouse | Fox News

See also:

Chemical warehouse explosion in China
April 22, 2016 - A MASSIVE plume of smoke has erupted after an explosion occurred at a warehouse with chemical and fuel products in China.
A warehouse storing chemicals and fuel exploded and caught fire in the eastern Chinese city of Jingjiang on Friday, the local government and media reports said, but the blaze was under control with no casualties. The blast recalled huge explosions caused by improper storage of chemicals in the northern city of Tianjin last August, when at least 165 people were killed and fears were raised of toxic contamination. The latest accident was at the premises of a company called Jiangsu Deqiao Storage, which is authorised to keep hazardous chemicals, reports said.

1e690eff37bdf9e52e79178201744eef

A massive explosion has occurred in China at a warehouse.​

The Jingjiang government said on its verified microblog that the fire was “under control” with no deaths or injuries. One photo posted online showed dark clouds of smoke with the fire still burning amid what appeared to be storage tanks.

The Jingjiang government statement said activity near the site had returned to “normal”. Industrial accidents are common in China where safety standards are often lax. But the massive blast in Tianjin sparked widespread anger over a perceived lack of transparency by officials about its causes and environmental impact.

Chemical warehouse explodes in China

Forum List

Back