China tells Russia it will uphold 'impartial' position on Ukraine

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi told his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in a phone conversation on Monday that China would uphold an independent and impartial position on Ukraine as it strives to find a political settlement to the issue.

Wang's comments to Lavrov were announced in a Foreign Ministry statement on Monday that said China would be an "objective and rational voice" at any international multilateral forums and "actively promote peace talks".

The statement came after the ministry said earlier on Monday that international talks in Saudi Arabia at the weekend on finding a peaceful resolution to the Ukraine crisis had helped "to consolidate international consensus".

More than 40 countries, including China, India, the United States and European countries, but not Russia, took part in the Jeddah talks that ended on Sunday.

China sent its Special Envoy for Eurasian Affairs and former ambassador to Russia, Li Hui, who in May toured six European capitals to try to find common ground for an eventual political settlement of the conflict, now in its 18th month.

Beijing has refused to condemn Moscow for the invasion of Ukraine it launched in February 2022. It has offered its own peace plan, which received a lukewarm response in both Russia and Ukraine, while the United States and NATO were sceptical.

How long before Russia threatens to nuke China, too?

Beijing has refused to condemn Moscow for the invasion of Ukraine it launched in February 2022. It has offered its own peace plan, which received a lukewarm response in both Russia and Ukraine, while the United States and NATO were sceptical.

MSN
It looks like China is the only adult in the room.

P.S. Why would Russia nuke China?

Beijing has refused to condemn Moscow for the invasion of Ukraine it launched in February 2022.
That's really all you needed to say. China is fully supportive of Russia and is supplying Russia with munitions at a level that's still deniable.
Russia has the situation under control and isn't asking China for anything more than what's currently being delivered.

Bejing has refused to condemn Moscow, you said. Wouldn't you think that the condemnation would come before the nuking?
You're in denial of the obvious, but the attempt was amusing. Not up to your paygrade, I would suggest!

The Brics alliance and the China/Russia alliance is set in stone. Both understand that their future existence as world powers depends on it.

Last edited:

China and the other BRICS have joined the consensus that Ukraine's territorial integrity must be restored as a part of any peace agreement, which means Russia must withdraw from Ukraine.

It looks like 'toomuchtime' just crashed and burned any chance of being a part of the discussion!

Do US propagandists even dare float that stretch on the Russia/China alliance at risk?

If so, they have been taken in by China!

China and the other BRICS have joined the consensus that Ukraine's territorial integrity must be restored as a part of any peace agreement, which means Russia must withdraw from Ukraine.
Not in your lifetime or in the real world.
Perhaps in an over optimistic US interpretation?

In actual fact, Russia is willing to withdraw from the Ukraine, but unfortunately for the Ukraine, the parts that have been declared to be Russia are not included.

And Russia is imposing conditions of neutrality on the Ukraine.

That's really all you needed to say. China is fully supportive of Russia and is supplying Russia with munitions at a level that's still deniable.
Russia has the situation under control and isn't asking China for anything more than what's currently being delivered.

Bejing has refused to condemn China, you said. Wouldn't you think that the condemnation would come before the nuking?
You're in denial of the obvious, but the attempt was amusing. Not up to your paygrade, I would suggest!

The Brics alliance and the China/Russia alliance is set in stone. Both understand that their future existence as world powers depends on it.
The BRICS have joined the consensus in Saudi Arabia that Ukraine's territorial integrity must be restored as a part of any peace agreement, and the article states how surprising this is since China has refused to explicitly condemn the invasion. I hope that helps you to better understand what is going on.

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi told his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in a phone conversation on Monday that China would uphold an independent and impartial position on Ukraine as it strives to find a political settlement to the issue.

Wang's comments to Lavrov were announced in a Foreign Ministry statement on Monday that said China would be an "objective and rational voice" at any international multilateral forums and "actively promote peace talks".

The statement came after the ministry said earlier on Monday that international talks in Saudi Arabia at the weekend on finding a peaceful resolution to the Ukraine crisis had helped "to consolidate international consensus".

More than 40 countries, including China, India, the United States and European countries, but not Russia, took part in the Jeddah talks that ended on Sunday.

China sent its Special Envoy for Eurasian Affairs and former ambassador to Russia, Li Hui, who in May toured six European capitals to try to find common ground for an eventual political settlement of the conflict, now in its 18th month.

Talks on peace without Russia LOL!! that makes sense.

In actual fact, Russia is willing to withdraw from the Ukraine, but unfortunately for the Ukraine, the parts that have been declared to be Russia are not included.

And Russia is imposing conditions of neutrality on the Ukraine.
If Ukraine had gone along with Minsk 2 and declared neutrality there would be no war now, but that was not on the agenda of the rabid Nazis in Ukraine and their US handlers, they had a chance and they blew it, they could end up without a Country called Ukraine.

The BRICS have joined the consensus in Saudi Arabia that Ukraine's territorial integrity must be restored as a part of any peace agreement, and the article states how surprising this is since China has refused to explicitly condemn the invasion. I hope that helps you to better understand what is going on.
I understand that China and Russia are solid, and the reason why.
And I understand China's reasons for appearing to be an impartial party to negotiations. China needs to maintain their position as the mediator in negotiations.

Are you still thinking that China will someday nuke Russia? You can't get away with that kind of joke my friend!

If Ukraine had gone along with Minsk 2 and declared neutrality there would be no war now,
Yes, I know the history of the entire thing, and that includes America's part in ensuring that no peaceful settlement would be possible. Also including America's part back to even prior to 2014.
but that was not on the agenda of the rabid Nazis in Ukraine and their US handlers, they had a chance and they blew it, they could end up without a Country called Ukraine.
If the Ukraine does exist after the peace, it will be without essential territories that make it a viable country.

To China's credit as the mediator in negotiations, they are trusted.

And I think that the Saudis can't be depended upon by America. That's worth discussing further.

For anybody that is interested.

And here's the important part:

Yermak said all the countries present at the talks in Jeddah fully supported Ukrainian independence and territorial integrity, and that only peace initiatives put forward by Ukraine were discussed at the meeting.

He acknowledged a lack of agreement remained between participants on some points of Ukraine's peace formula, without elaborating further. He said that was the reason a summit would not be held by the end of this month.

Not in your lifetime or in the real world.
Perhaps in an over optimistic US interpretation?
Well, that's the report that came out of Jeddah, but they agreed to meet again in six weeks so we'll see if this new commitment by China and the other BRICS holds up.

I was surprised the BRICS even attended a peace conference from which Russia was deliberately excluded, and I was shocked to hear they joined the consensus of nations that Russia would have to leave Ukraine for there to be a peace agreement, but after the few African leaders who attended Putin's Russia Africa conference in St. Petersburg so firmly rebuked Putin for his prevention of Ukrainian grain reaching them and demanded he end the war, Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised that the BRICS, who, after all, are mostly interested in expanding their economies, should join the rest of the world in demanding Russia leave Ukraine.

Yes, I know the history of the entire thing, and that includes America's part in ensuring that no peaceful settlement would be possible. Also including America's part back to even prior to 2014.

If the Ukraine does exist after the peace, it will be without essential territories that make it a viable country.

To China's credit as the mediator in negotiations, they are trusted.

And I think that the Saudis can't be depended upon by America. That's worth discussing further.
Yes but it's unbelievable how much some people are in denial about how it all started, with many i don't think it's ignorance of the situation, they actually agree with what happened in 2014.

Well, that's the report that came out of Jeddah, but they agreed to meet again in six weeks so we'll see if this new commitment by China and the other BRICS holds up.

I was surprised the BRICS even attended a peace conference from which Russia was deliberately excluded, and I was shocked to hear they joined the consensus of nations that Russia would have to leave Ukraine for there to be a peace agreement, but after the few African leaders who attended Putin's Russia Africa conference in St. Petersburg so firmly rebuked Putin for his prevention of Ukrainian grain reaching them and demanded he end the war, Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised that the BRICS, who, after all, are mostly interested in expanding their economies, should join the rest of the world in demanding Russia leave Ukraine.
What are the talks about?

Yes but it's unbelievable how much some people are in denial about how it all started, with many i don't think it's ignorance of the situation, they actually agree with what happened in 2014,as for grain with the US paying farmers not to produce their crocodile tears ring a little hollow.

Talks on peace without Russia LOL!! that makes sense.
It does. It further isolates Russia and consolidates and expands support for Ukraine. It further shows that the world rejects Putin's narrative of why he invaded Ukraine and shows clearly even the BRICS consider Putin's Russia to be an enemy of civilization.

Russia was forced to end the grain deal on account of the abuse of the deal by the Ukraine. There was no way Russia could escape Africa's objections.

Russia will have to leave the remainder of the Ukraine for peace to be possible. But what is being referred to as the Ukraine? Does that include the Crimea and the Donbass? Somebody on the optimistic side needs to ask China directly. Then be refused a direct answer on account of negotiations being more important than an answer.

China's priorities on the new silk road are well known. The point you may be missing is that America's demands being fulfilled, are a roadblock to China's priorities. That's one of the more important reasons why America started the war! Both are not possible.

Let's cut to the chase with you admitting that you're trying to suggest that China has abandoned Russia's resolve on not caving to US/Nato demands.

That's what this is really all about for you, but it's not a realistic analysis.

Don't stop trying to make your case.

Forum List

Back