Macron: “All Options are on the Table” to prevent Moscow from Succeeding in their Invasion of Ukraine including the possible Deployment of NATO Ground

"The interventionists will meet a tragic end," Putin said as a reference to French President Emmanuel Macron's statement that there was "no agreement" on the possibility of sending Western ground forces to Ukraine, but that "nothing should be ruled out."

"We also have weapons that can attack targets on enemy territory," Putin added. "There is a real threat of the use of nuclear weapons and a conflict that will lead to the destruction of civilization. Can't they see that?"

Most NATO allies, including the United States, Germany, Poland and Britain, have ruled out sending ground troops to Ukraine. Baltic countries such as Estonia and Latvia are free to send their troops to Ukraine without major NATO allies' participation.

Last edited:

"The interventionists will meet a tragic end," Putin said as a reference to French President Emmanuel Macron's statement that there was "no agreement" on the possibility of sending Western ground forces to Ukraine, but that "nothing should be ruled out."

"We also have weapons that can attack targets on enemy territory," Putin added. "There is a real threat of the use of nuclear weapons and a conflict that will lead to the destruction of civilization. Can't they see that?"

Most NATO allies, including the United States, Germany, Poland and Britain, have ruled out sending ground troops to Ukraine. Baltic countries such as Estonia and Latvia are free to send their troops to Ukraine without major NATO allies' participation.

I do not understand you. That's all. Be happy if you understand yourselve on your own.

So when Ivan conquered all of Siberia and such, that was because of the threat that Siberia presented to the Russians.
Yes, of course. But mostly, the reintegration of Syberia was peaceful (may be - hybrid, because Yermak's Cossacks were not at the Tzar's service).

When Russia marched west and conquered half of Eastern Europe, the other half going to Nazi Germany. These republics attacked Russia?
Finland - yes (google Mainila incident). Baltic States invited Russian forces. Poland didn't exist as a state at the moment of the Russian liberation of the lands, previously occupied by Poland.

I know enough about Russian History to recognize lies when I see them.
Do you? Ok. Let's play a game. Try to find an example of real, indisputable, unprovoked Russian agression in recent 1000 years (i.e. since 1024).

Last edited:
Do you? Ok. Let's play a game. Try to find an example of real, indisputable, unprovoked Russian agression in recent 1000 years (i.e. since 1024).

I love that phrasing. Russia always claims to be provoked don’t they? Georgia? The “provocation” was that they were considering allying themselves and their economy with Western Europe. That was a provocation wasn’t it? An intolerable threat that had to be answered right?

Russia claiming provocation is like listening to a Serial Rapist claim the women were asking for it. Nobody buys it. But they say it anyway.

I was recently listening to an audiobook I have. It was a collection of Dave Barry’s year in review. It comes to mind because of the one in which Putin was elected President. Dave says that Putin promised a world of peaceful coexistence. “Until we can refuel our missiles.”

In reality, the Russian definition of Provocation is very different than the rest of us.

Let’s say a man reaches for his weapon. At that time I could be reasonably certain that he intends to pull his weapon and fire at me. That would be a provocative action. Reaching for a weapon.

For Russia. If the man might go and buy a weapon, he could be a danger sometime in the future. We need to do something about him now.

You Russians allow your paranoia to rule you.

unprovoked Russian agression in recent 1000 years
your Mongol- 🇷🇺 🇸🇦Muscovite ulus (empire, horde ) is a product of Mongol 13c. expedition, dont lie yourself ivan🇷🇺🇸🇦

Chinese academic Deng Xize : "No more Mongol-Muscovy style empire: Thoughts on the war in Ukraine, The global reaction to the war in Ukraine in fact shows that such empires will no longer be tolerated."​

The Mongol-Muscovy style empire could be defined as a dominating, rapacious empire upheld by violence, especially unruly violence, and exhibiting three prominent characteristics.

First, it uses unruly violence as a regular means of resolving international disputes. While violence is common and sometimes necessary in political or social governance, rules have been set for its use under a modern lawful democratic system. Unlike in ancient times, the use of violence now comes under heavy restrictions and is “predictable”. Such an evolution also applies to international relations.

1709472486529.jpeg

1709472507255.jpeg

I love that phrasing. Russia always claims to be provoked don’t they? Georgia? The “provocation” was that they were considering allying themselves and their economy with Western Europe. That was a provocation wasn’t it? An intolerable threat that had to be answered right?
Georgia-2008 ? Are you kidding?

Even the EU reported that it were Georgians who started their attack against Russian peacekeepers and civilian citizens of Russian Federation in South Ossetia.

----------

An independent, international fact-finding mission headed by Swiss diplomat Heidi Tagliavini was established by the EU to determine the causes of the war. The commission was given a budget of €1.6 million and relied on the expertise of military officials, political scientists, historians and international law experts.[73][74] The report was published on 30 September 2009.[75][76][77] The report said it could not claim "veracity or completeness in an absolute sense", since it incorporated what had been available to the Mission at the time of writing.[78]

The report blamed Georgia for starting the war,[79][80] stating that open hostilities started "... with a large-scale Georgian military operation against the town of Tskhinvali and the surrounding areas, launched in the night of 7 to 8 August 2008"
-----------

Another try?

In reality, the Russian definition of Provocation is very different than the rest of us.
Really? Do you believe that the Serbs in 1999 or Arabs in 2003 actually attacked American civilians? Don't you remember American reaction on Soviet missiles in Cuba back in 1962? Do you believe that we will tolerate anti-American regimes (and Chinese missiles) in California?

Let’s say a man reaches for his weapon. At that time I could be reasonably certain that he intends to pull his weapon and fire at me. That would be a provocative action. Reaching for a weapon.
Something like sending strategic bombers into Ukrainian airspace?
For Russia. If the man might go and buy a weapon, he could be a danger sometime in the future. We need to do something about him now.

You Russians allow your paranoia to rule you.
Previos time when they were "not paranoid" it cost them 40 millions of killed men, women and children and thousands of destroyed villages, towns and cities. They have pretty good reasons to be a bit paranoid.

Really? Do you believe that the Serbs in 1999 or Arabs in 2003 actually attacked American civilians? Don't you remember American reaction on Soviet missiles in Cuba back in 1962? Do you believe that we will tolerate anti-American regimes (and Chinese missiles) in California?

Something like sending strategic bombers into Ukrainian airspace?

Previos time when they were "not paranoid" it cost them 40 millions of killed men, women and children and thousands of destroyed villages, towns and cities. They have pretty good reasons to be a bit paranoid.
what a coincidence, that the CZ president is a an ex NATO man. :thup:
1709644427786.jpeg

Forum List

Back