China bans some online feminist groups.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Here.

Beijing has shut down several feminist social media platforms, a sign that China is renewing its crackdown on what it considers radical women’s groups.

About 10 feminist forums were closed on Douban, China’s popular social networking platform that allows group discussions of books, music, movies and social topics such as feminism.

Douban said the now-banned forums promoted “extreme” and “radical” political views and ideology.

I support the dictionary definition of Feminism, which is Equality of Sexes. Unfortunately, most feminists on Social Media do not view men as equal to women. These Social Media feminists, use slanderous generalizations of men, and engage in Hate Speech like #menaretrash and #killallmen. Their memes comparing men to ticks and snakes get hundreds of thousands of likes.

Many Social Media feminists are also extremely reactionary in upholding Traditional Gender Roles. They demand men fulfill their traditional roles of provider and protector. They demand men police other men for "sexist jokes".

Fortunately, China does not tolerate intolerance. China bans Hate Speech.

What's the argument here? Rah, Rah, go China?
Here:
1*TnDoAk0BjC7x4OuBISbYCw.jpeg

Here.

I support the dictionary definition of Feminism, which is Equality of Sexes. Unfortunately, most feminists on Social Media do not view men as equal to women. These Social Media feminists, use slanderous generalizations of men, and engage in Hate Speech like #menaretrash and #killallmen. Their memes comparing men to ticks and snakes get hundreds of thousands of likes.

Many Social Media feminists are also extremely reactionary in upholding Traditional Gender Roles. They demand men fulfill their traditional roles of provider and protector. They demand men police other men for "sexist jokes".

Fortunately, China does not tolerate intolerance. China bans Hate Speech.
Instead of banning speech, I promote banning government influence on speech. In the case of feminism, our government supports radical feminism and 'equality of sexes' which is a very vague term if you think about it. First of all, men and women are NOT equal. They are different. Each sex has strengths and weaknesses and together compliment each other. When government supports raising one above the other or denigrating one or the other, the basic social structure is undermined.

The less government supports such radical ideas, the better for society overall. Let the radicals spew whatever garbage they want let The People handle it themselves. We don't need big government telling us what to listen to, what to say or what to think. For instance: Government never had any right to ban women from voting. The People finally rose up and crushed that ban. Also: Government has no right to grant special rights and privileges (government loans, etc.) to men over women like it currently does.

As far as China goes, when you ban speech you don't like, you are taking a step toward a tyrannical government but, we all know China is already there. The morals of a society should not be controlled by government edict.

Instead of banning speech, I promote banning government influence on speech. In the case of feminism, our government supports radical feminism and 'equality of sexes' which is a very vague term if you think about it. First of all, men and women are NOT equal. They are different. Each sex has strengths and weaknesses and together compliment each other. When government supports raising one above the other or denigrating one or the other, the basic social structure is undermined.

The less government supports such radical ideas, the better for society overall. Let the radicals spew whatever garbage they want let The People handle it themselves. We don't need big government telling us what to listen to, what to say or what to think. For instance: Government never had any right to ban women from voting. The People finally rose up and crushed that ban. Also: Government has no right to grant special rights and privileges (government loans, etc.) to men over women like it currently does.

As far as China goes, when you ban speech you don't like, you are taking a step toward a tyrannical government but, we all know China is already there. The morals of a society should not be controlled by government edict.

The morals of society are always controlled by Gov't edict! Even ours.
Thank God our Gov't changes often enough to totally confuse our morality!!

The morals of society are always controlled by Gov't edict! Even ours.
Thank God our Gov't changes often enough to totally confuse our morality!!
NO!! Our Goverment is supposed to make laws based on the morays of a society, not the other way around like it is today. I agree, luckily we are not saddled with a lifetime POTUS. Unfortunately we are saddled with what appears to be lifetime powerful political operatives like Pelosi who inexplicably gets re-elected term after term.

1) I support Equality 100%. I oppose Hate Speech and Discrimination.

2) China does not tolerate Intolerance.

Karl Popper is wrong. The idea that to be tolerant, we must be intolerant of intolerance isn't a paradox, it's just wrong.

Since society at large decides at any moment what is, or is not, tolerant, there is not metric standard to which intolerance can be measured. Any decision of what at this moment in time represents intolerance is a groupthink opinion trend, not actual fact.

We cannot arbitrarily decide on the behalf of others who they as individuals should tolerate or not tolerate.

If we need a standard about that of which we should be intolerant.

We should not tolerate anyone who aspires, and has the means to, physically harm another person.

What you believe about someone else isn't material to the rest of society, what you actually do, is.

1) I support Equality 100%. I oppose Hate Speech and Discrimination.

2) China does not tolerate Intolerance.
'Equality' and 'hate speech' and 'discrimination' are vague terms and are often used to oppress. China is a Marxist-Communist government and basically totally controls speech, thinking and the lives of it's people. If you like that....Move there.

NO!! Our Goverment is supposed to make laws based on the morays of a society, not the other way around like it is today. I agree, luckily we are not saddled with a lifetime POTUS. Unfortunately we are saddled with what appears to be lifetime powerful political operatives like Pelosi who inexplicably gets re-elected term after term.

Somewhere's along the way in the last half century we disrespected our Constitution enough, morphed into a Godless society ignoring much of the rule of law which is based in Judeo-Christian values and the 10 Commandments.
Dimm's started worshipping 'the Golden Calf'.

Karl Popper is wrong. The idea that to be tolerant, we must be intolerant of intolerance isn't a paradox, it's just wrong.

Since society at large decides at any moment what is, or is not, tolerant, there is not metric standard to which intolerance can be measured. Any decision of what at this moment in time represents intolerance is a groupthink opinion trend, not actual fact.

We cannot arbitrarily decide on the behalf of others who they as individuals should tolerate or not tolerate.

If we need a standard about that of which we should be intolerant.

We should not tolerate anyone who aspires, and has the means to, physically harm another person.

What you believe about someone else isn't material to the rest of society, what you actually do, is.

We lost my aforementioned baseline that distinguishes right from wrong.

Somewhere's along the way in the last half century we disrespected our Constitution enough, morphed into a Godless society ignoring much of the rule of law which is based in Judeo-Christian values and the 10 Commandments.
Dimm's started worshipping 'the Golden Calf'.
Yes, that is my basic point. Today Godless Marxism is undermining our country and Democrats have become Marxist tools funded by people like George Soros who would like to tear down our economy and basically become a king. They are teaching our children that we are racist and even going so far as to try to confuse our children as to their born sex.

Yes, that is my basic point. Today Godless Marxism is undermining our country and Democrats have become Marxist tools funded by people like George Soros who would like to tear down our economy and basically become a king. They are teaching our children that we are racist and even going so far as to try to confuse our children as to their born sex.
After they take over here, they most likely will not tolerate what they pushed. A poorer nation makes for angrier citizens even if under control.

The OP is using a nice trick. Trying to rile up sexual differences by falsely claiming government has the answer. The problem with that is that government causes problems like that in the first place. It's a way of manipulating people and causing divides that the government can use to stay in power.

The OP is using a nice trick. Trying to rile up sexual differences by falsely claiming government has the answer. The problem with that is that government causes problems like that in the first place. It's a way of manipulating people and causing divides that the government can use to stay in power.

It tends to work in society's that have lost their guiding moral compass.

Forum List

Back