Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

Posted on page 67

Yemeni 'child bride' rape horror never happen? Man produces eight-year-old daughter who he claims was never even married
article-2424377-1BE5798B000005DC-935_634x342.jpg

Read more: Is this girl proof that Yemeni 'child bride' rape horror never happened? Man produces eight-year-old daughter who he claims was never even married | Mail Online

what a miracle-----they found another 8 year old girl in Yemen---and this one is still alive

zionist posters here are deaf and dumb and blind to their own bigotry.

And what most stifles debate is posters refusing to address the thread topics and instead persisting in nonstop personal attacks against those whose viewpoints they disagree with.

Underneath all the personal attacks lies in truth simply a complete inabity to rebut thread arguments.

bahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Stop it sherri, please !! You're making me cry from laughing so hard !

Did you know that you just gave an incredibly accurate description of yourself??

I'll ask again : What is it with the anti - zionist posters and accusing others of what they are guilty of ?
t-u-r-n-s-p-e-a-k

A drowning-man will clutch at a straw, A drowning zionist will clutch at a straw-man

Chos kesafat heyvoun...you really got us red handed there with that bogus article...I guess the doctors and hospital staff that handled the girl must have been lying about the whole thing as well. LOL

Chos kesafat heyvoun...you really got us red handed there with that bogus article...I guess the doctors and hospital staff that handled the girl must have been lying about the whole thing as well. LOL

and this means?

The issue is child marriage, not unwed teen mothers.

NO. The issue is how societies around the world abuse children - girls in particular. The child marriage is only one aspect of this problem, which also includes the desperate poverty of widows and children in societies where women are not allowed to work outside the home.

The treatment of widow is a particulary poingnant problem in India where widow are almost "invisable" - they are abandoned by family as non-persons. Yet another side effect of cultures that consider women to have no value outside of their husband.

This is a sidetrack, but have you ever seen the trilogy by Deeta Mehata: Earth, Water, Fire? Water is the final one, and is about a group of impoverished widows in an Ashram. One of the widows was a child bride. The cinematography is beautiful and it deals with some complex social issues.

The issue is child marriage, not unwed teen mothers.

NO. The issue is how societies around the world abuse children - girls in particular. The child marriage is only one aspect of this problem, which also includes the desperate poverty of widows and children in societies where women are not allowed to work outside the home.

The treatment of widow is a particulary poingnant problem in India where widow are almost "invisable" - they are abandoned by family as non-persons. Yet another side effect of cultures that consider women to have no value outside of their husband.

This is a sidetrack, but have you ever seen the trilogy by Deeta Mehata: Earth, Water, Fire? Water is the final one, and is about a group of impoverished widows in an Ashram. One of the widows was a child bride. The cinematography is beautiful and it deals with some complex social issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, Coyote. I'll have to look for it.....

The problem has various aspects in different places around the globe, but it exists even in the USA. Here is some information which I alluded to earlier:

"Fathers of babies born to teens are often significantly older than their female partners. It is estimated that, among girls who have given birth to a child by age 15, 39 percent of the fathers are between the ages of 20 and 29.7
The age gap between teen mothers and their male partners is particularly striking among the youngest adolescents. Among mothers ages 11 to 12, fathers are on average 9.8 years older, and among mothers ages 13 to 14, fathers are on average 4.6 years older."

Pregnancy and Childbearing Among Younger Teens

Married or not, girls under 18 shouldn't be having babies: now, what do we have to do to prevent that?

Thanks for the suggestion, Coyote. I'll have to look for it.....

The problem has various aspects in different places around the globe, but it exists even in the USA. Here is some information which I alluded to earlier:

"Fathers of babies born to teens are often significantly older than their female partners. It is estimated that, among girls who have given birth to a child by age 15, 39 percent of the fathers are between the ages of 20 and 29.7
The age gap between teen mothers and their male partners is particularly striking among the youngest adolescents. Among mothers ages 11 to 12, fathers are on average 9.8 years older, and among mothers ages 13 to 14, fathers are on average 4.6 years older."

Pregnancy and Childbearing Among Younger Teens

Married or not, girls under 18 shouldn't be having babies: now, what do we have to do to prevent that?

That is downright criminal - If the mother is 11 and the father, what 21? Isn't that pedophilia?

I agree - they should not be having babies. It also notes that younger teens are frequently sexually assaulted and coerced. It's a different sort of problem then child marriages but for one thing - child marriages in the developing world are often to older men, and the girls are frequently abused and eventually abandoned. Abuse seems to factor into it regardless of where it occurs.