Chief Justice John Marshall

lawbuff

Sep 9, 2009
The 4th CJ of the United States, and the greatest Justice and legal minds of all time, IMO, was born on this day, Sept. 24, in 1755.

John Marshall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He served 35 years, all as CJ, just shy of William O. Douglas' tenure of 36 years.

The most famous decisions he penned were Marbury v. Madison, 1803, and Barron v. Baltimore, 1833.

Barron was an incorporation case where Marshall declined to apply the Bill of Rights to the states, but now most are incorporated.

When I was in Richmond, VA, I toured Hollywood cemetery where John Tyler, James Monroe and Jefferson Davis are buried, toured the White House of the Confederacy, but did not get the opportunity to tour his historic home or visit his gravesite.

The 4th CJ of the United States, and the greatest Justice and legal minds of all time, IMO, was born on this day, Sept. 24, in 1755.

John Marshall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He served 35 years, all as CJ, just shy of William O. Douglas' tenure of 36 years.

The most famous decisions he penned were Marbury v. Madison, 1803, and Barron v. Baltimore, 1833.

Barron was an incorporation case where Marshall declined to apply the Bill of Rights to the states, but now most are incorporated.

When I was in Richmond, VA, I toured Hollywood cemetery where John Tyler, James Monroe and Jefferson Davis are buried, toured the White House of the Confederacy, but did not get the opportunity to tour his historic home or visit his gravesite.

Marbury v. Madison The Law was a Political Scheme. The Court the Benni factor. The Birth of the Oligarchy? What was more served The Court or Justice?

Barron v. Baltimore We are Citizens of the USA, We are Citizens of Our Home State. now recognize what Marshal and Others failed to, to a better degree. Had the State lost that case, It could have claimed Eminent Domain. That too would suck. In this case it would be a fair argument, the action was truly for the betterment and expansion of the community, but compensation would be required. Such is Life in dealing With The "I'm More Equal Than You so Fuck Off" Types.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back